Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Fuck, fuck, fuck... why did I miss it, nobody did any screens by any chance.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Okay what happened?

It was a failed troll attempt, to be frank. The only ones who replied were Stoney who found out too quickly, and a bunch of Codexers making their own accounts to make the trolling even more obvious.

Very piss-poor attempt. Trash's was way better.

Lumpy

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
Fuck, fuck, fuck... why did I miss it, nobody did any screens by any chance.
Nothing out of the ordinary. Just the usual ridiculous trolling claims answered to with unnecessarily reasonable arguments.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Too many white knights on the Codex that are ready to betray us over some shitty bunch of modders. Some purges and oven therapy are required.

suspect list, add yours:

elfmale.jpg

Edit: Lumpy: Trolling should require some skill, not " lol these guys did it *points* ".

Lumpy

Arcane
Actually, sabotaging the operation was nothing but good old counter trolling. All's fair in such things.

dragonfk

Erudite
Clockwork Knight said:
suspect list, add yours:

elfmale.jpg

Edit: Lumpy: Trolling should require some skill, not " lol these guys did it *points* ".

I feel hurt. I would have NEVER betrayed Codexia.

PS. Or would I? :evil:

Monocause

Arcane
Next trolling stage: we could register on Stoney's forums and copy random threads from TG. Mind you, the ones that would make sense context-wise, like "How do you like X in KOTOR".

Or on any forum, like the escapist, and copy random threads from GD that would also make some sense but be weird. Like this:

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/publicfeature/dec02/mind.html
QUOTE"
While AI originated in the laboratory, it has now been co-opted by designers of video games, and work is under way on increasing the learning powers of a video game's cast of characters and refining their social interactions with one another and with human players, too. At this point, even cinematographers and the military are showing interest in possible applications. "QUOTE

QUOTE"Finite intelligence
Non-player characters (NPCs), or agents, such as monsters, enemy guards, or friendly wingmen, can be controlled by a finite-state machine. In this AI model, a limited number of behaviors, or states, are pre-defined by the game designer. The actual state that the NPC is in is made to switch with seeming intelligence, depending on criteria also pre-defined by the designer. These could include such things as whether the NPC can see the player or how much ammunition it has left. To add an element of unpredictability to NPCs, many designers incorporate fuzzy logic or random weighting into the decision-making process."QUOTE

seen this in

www.slashdot.org

I wonder however if RPG makers can use this technology to improve npc AI . In my opinion NPC AI " badly needs improving "

Trash's exploits reminded me that we're badly in need of some sort of lulz here. The last time some were to be had was what, Trash vs. Sheek?

EDIT: Chrisbeddoes' link doesn't work anymore, but you get the idea.

TNO

Augur
Come on, that's easy. Stoney delivered more stuff, better stuff, and about 6-8x faster than Dashus - the mod of which is still in development (and, now it's obsolete, vapourware.) Not that makes him immune from some friendly internet trolling, but perspective, please.

Oh wait, you were joking. Ignore me.

Any more drama at TG?

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Judging from the threads on their forums, it seems like they have a lot of stuff to iron out during their beta. I also have some doubts about the modders capabilities, and their sense of style. It bothers me that they have made stylistic changes to the game where none were needed, like changing music during the first confrontation with Atris.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Lockkaliber said:
Judging from the threads on their forums, it seems like they have a lot of stuff to iron out during their beta. I also have some doubts about the modders capabilities, and their sense of style. It bothers me that they have made stylistic changes to the game where none were needed, like changing music during the first confrontation with Atris.

Like there was any doubt what so ever this was going to be shit. The moment I saw how that stoney guy and his modding palls acted like prima donnas when I was fooling around on TSLRP I knew their mod would be shit. Why? Because they're humorless pretentious boring twats who actually decided to add stuff instead of just fix things. Assburgers can perfectly fix things (see Drogg), but as soon as they go creative it all goes to hell.

Lumpy

Arcane
Trash said:
Lockkaliber said:

Like there was any doubt what so ever this was going to be shit. The moment I saw how that stoney guy and his modding palls acted like prima donnas when I was fooling around on TSLRP I knew their mod would be shit. Why? Because they're humorless pretentious boring twats who actually decided to add stuff instead of just fix things. Assburgers can perfectly fix things (see Drogg), but as soon as they go creative it all goes to hell.
:|
Is Trash seriously butthurt because his trolling worked?

Lumpy

Arcane
So it's a shit mod because it has bugs in the beta version?
Intense and unexplainable butthurt detected.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Lumpy said:

I've got this feeling from stoneys posts that he's barely literate. He might not be a native english speaker or whatever, but I still have a bad feeling about it. It's like he's a mongoloid of some sort. Time will have tell though, I guess.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Lumpy said:

Who said anything about bugs? The changes and added content are at best pretty shitty and cringeworthy. The guy is supposed to be a 45 yr old American, but if he is he's indeed barely literate. Go play the mod and see for yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom