Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News KOTOR 2 scans

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Maybe he took his fleet with him to dominate the Unknown regions, he was into explorations before. Point is, he left.

Crazy_Vasey

Novice
I have a hard time buying that someone as power-hungry as a Sith would get themselves into such a position, and then just leave. Then again they did say the unknown regions were larger at that point in time. I suppose I should wait and see how they do it. I'm just automatically suspicious when a completely different team creates a sequel.

Rosh

Erudite
Maybe they'll add in all sorts of stupid, lame, and irrelevent easter eggs and locations into the game to the point where the core game suffers and is hardly patched afterwards. ;)

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Rosh said:
Maybe they'll add in all sorts of stupid, lame, and irrelevent easter eggs and locations into the game to the point where the core game suffers and is hardly patched afterwards. ;)

The best part will be how people will defend those and consider them canon, and call irrelevant fanboys those that disagree.

Vault Dweller

Developer
The DS Revan strikes me as a warrior and an explorer, he needs to fight, not to manage his vast assets. Having all that power behind his back gives him a good opportunity to explore the unknown regions and see what else is out there. After all the source of his newly found power was one of the artifacts that turned the balance of power, it's logical to assume that something or someone even more powerful could be found there.

As for the completely different team, I trust MCA much better then the original team. Making repair and security more useful is already a big improvement.

Spazmo

Erudite
Role-Player said:
The best part will be how people will defend those and consider them canon, and call irrelevant fanboys those that disagree.

I wonder, though: with all the Monty Python gags in FO2, are there any left for them to put into KOTOR2? At least the Star Wars references will be in context.

Jora

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Yep, MCA's involvment, especially as a Lead Designer, is the only reason why I'm interested in this game. PST was da bomb, and New Reno was done very, very nicely (it didn't fit, but that's a different story).

I agree. And the town of Targos in IWD2 proves that Chris hasn't lost his touch. It had humorous dialogue and great role-playing options for different classes and races.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I've been notified that the unknown guy responsible for scanning the article does have a name, and it's a pretty name too: Morphix. So, while I'm unable to verify that claim, I'd rather give credit to a wrong person, then fail to thank one of the gaming community's finest. Thanks, Morphix!

suibhne

Erudite
Let's imagine, for a sec, that it's theoretically possible for a highly impressionable KotOR player to sympathize with Revan, romance Bastila, and actually care about those two characters. I don't see any possibility for the sequel to take into account all of the possible player reactions; your decisions as Revan are pretty black-and-white by the end, and I can't imagine the backstory will leave open the question of whether Revan decides to save the galaxy and lay down the galactic smack.

At least it's not Bioware, though. If it were, Revan would die offscreen at the very beginning, and Bastila would start out all weepy before trying to jump your bones a few hours later.

Crazy_Vasey

Novice
suibhne said:
Let's imagine, for a sec, that it's theoretically possible for a highly impressionable KotOR player to sympathize with Revan, romance Bastila, and actually care about those two characters.

That would be where I come in. I even found Carth tolerable.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I would have found Carth more tolerable if he was less I'm all tortured and angsty, so I trust no one!

In fact, I would have loved a reply to him that was along the lines, Dude, you're a dork. Shut. the. fuck. up!

I ditched Carth first chance I got.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom