Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kolony in Rimworld, Season 1

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Amputate! Amputate! Amputate! Amputate! Amputate!

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Stupid freeloaders eating precious meat and using up all the medicine! Winter's a coming, this is no time to be some bleedin' heart liebrul.

Let the bitch go to avoid war with those losers, execute Ryan to save meat. Heck, I'll volunteer, gonna put the peacemaker to good use!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, alcohol's a disinfectant, right? Make vodka, and get her drunk, and she'll be cured!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Things would be easier if we had a real doctor. And a decent negotiatior (Social skill). Both Ryan and Sparkles are pretty easy to recruit (30 and 42 difficulties). If Azira will somehow save Sparkles, she will be a decent addition to the Kolony.

Or maybe it's just a total waste of food and meds, as Kalin says. :M

wait out the infection. much like eye replacement, the body knows how to heal itself. medicine or surgery is not required for simple problems such as this.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
But carving sparkles up could be good practice for Azira. Let him cut pieces off the prisoners so he'll know how not to fuck up once it's Kalin under his knife

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You bloodthirsty maniacs. Keep in mind that Sparkles is Endlösung's character. I mean,

Female serial killer, high melee, artistic, crafting.

That's pretty much as close as it gets.

bpMPknW.jpg

Does anybody even want her to survive? I get that weird vibe that people will be more happy if Azira botches the surgery.

VBIG7uj.png

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
You're going soft man! Those Kulak fucks won't cave and they're using our stuff, let Azira "cure" the bitch and lemme smash Ryan already!

Can't make a revolution without smashing a few skulls, pretty sure Lenin said that.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Grimwulf said:
Sparkles was born a male
Is that seriously part of the game or did you write that in to make her more Codex approved?

Anyway, I for one think we should try to NOT sabotage the KommuKolony for a change. We are already stuck with a colony of 3, only 1,5 of them productive and 2 extra mouths to feed. On top of having pissed off everyone on the planet by now.
And it won't be long until somefag says: "we need to kill the caravan so we have meat for the winter".

Nah, treat the infection without having Azira display his lack of skill and recruit them afterwards. They pay back what they ate by working.

Ashery

Prophet
This game sometimes...

You don't need to bury the bodies, just move them out of sight and/or to your feeding pens if you have tame animals that eat corpses. Try to do all this in the first night after a raid so that everyone can sleep off the mood penalty for the next day.

As others have said, they take care of joy themselves on the default routine if you don't micromanage every step they take.

If they complain about ugliness, beauty is the issue. Stone tiles only add a modest +2 per tile and lighting adds nothing (Though a dark environment is a -3 mood penalty of its own) and so won't do much for a room overall. During the early game, your best option is typically to focus on getting high quality furniture as it's pretty easy to build up a high rank construction worker.

F0JFrJt.png

That's my current dining room. That 112 beauty chair is a legendary dining chair, which is a bit short of the 137 from the excellent small limestone sculpture. Due to the dirtiness, the room's only sitting at 14.97 beauty, which I believe is just shy of crossing into "very beautiful" territory. While the furniture might lag behind a bit in beauty, on top of the fact developing a strong construction colonist doesn't require you to dedicate someone to non-vital trade, there's also the side benefit of the chair being extremely comfortable, which helps keep the mood bonus for comfort around longer.

Feeling cramped is function of *both* the room size and the number of people in the room. This is why the mood debuff is so bad in the LP.

And speaking of the LP, go for option one.

Inf0mercial

Augur
The Leg seems fine its in minor and well the kidney is not in extreme just yet, normally i would say just cut the kidney you only need one, then again with Aziras low doctoring....hope the RNG favors you.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Jesus Christ Grimwulf i don't think you emphasized how much damage those things can take,

582c215a29.jpg

See that gap in the wall from the rock next to the pede? Mulched during the fight, all those shots? Not a single one hit the sensors or anything vital i think i literally just mulched it to death, yes i know my turrets will blow everyone up if even one goes off but that's what the guy with the shield is for on permanent repair duty, i don't want to sacrifice fire power atm for safety, i have enough metal to rebuild if i lose them anyway and as i expand/regain manpower from the high of like 6 i was at to the 3 i have now infection with no medication be bad yo especially when your doctor gets a major one in their chest.

Also i think Pedes can take cover it certainly seemed to be sticking to the wall and using it as cover.

I find Random Randy is a lot more fun than the others i get raiders who try to tunnel around i get random pede drops and multiple raids one after another, quite fun.

Here is one annoyance i have with the game that i hope is fixed if there is a fire animals will freak the fuck out and ignore zones as will colonists if you forget to turn off fire fight, very very fucking annoying i had 10 animals i now have a single muffalo left and a camel, they all ran out into a scyther drop pod when a fire started, on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL NEAR THE MECHS.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
lW0ir7U.png
Gotta appreciate Azira for pwning the 'pedes. Much respect.

zeWwVbq.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Imagine that caravan passing by the battlefield with wtf faces, hur hur hur.

POx5O9O.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
HAHA, oh wow. I'm genuinely having fun commanding this place. Why are you still awake, Kalin?

i8FmYMg.jpg
Maybe I should sleep with the prisoners...

15th of Fall, 5500

LEqIuDq.jpg
*yawns* The caravan has arrived. I'll try to strike some bargains, but no promises.

Now that's a big caravan.

daisDKU.jpg

They sell all kinds of expensive exotics. They buy clothing and trinkets.

9EG7YyA.jpg

We could really use some of these. Especially bionics.

An eye for Kalin.

YaeBtz4.jpg

A joywire for Grimwulf.

BoY3Pug.jpg

But we can't afford it. I'm not a damn trader. If only Ryan, that pain in the ass, would join the Kolony, he could negotiate a discount.

Oh, well. I sold 'em some useless rags. Wanted to sell mechanoid artefacts, but the price...

oqhF3fd.jpg

Best to leave it alone until we aquire a solid trader in our ranks.

Now. The operation...

NZtNVRX.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Good morning.

zEPCwVb.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
*coughs* Y-you.

Tr76ic8.png
Her wounds are healing really fast, doctor Azira. I'm sure she will make it.

LEqIuDq.jpg
That kidney needs to go.

SFypbCg.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
She still has time! Let's wait and see if it's really necessary!

Ndu8S6z.jpg
I came here to save your life, Azira. Just like Nelson. And Lillith.

LEqIuDq.jpg
And I'm saving yours right now. Be quiet.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
You shot me. You tortured me. And now you are about to kill me.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Shh.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
You think Nelson would be proud of you right now? *coughs* I know that he... would be proud of... me. *faints*

LEqIuDq.jpg
Stay with me.

Tr76ic8.png
*whispers* Make things right, doctor.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Shut up, Ryan.

Tr76ic8.png
You owe it to your brother. To yourself.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Come on... Come on... Fuck. FUUUUUCK!!!

9Ad1ig1.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
It had to be done, good doctor. This is justice.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I... failed.

Tr76ic8.png
No. You've killed her. It's not about your medical skills, you just wanted Sparkles dead. Rejoice!

This is not what I wanted.

BAJhqg7.jpg

Is it?

azDLivj.jpg

Grimwulf told me that people die for no reason every day. That there is no point in thinking about the dead. That we should only think about ourselves.

Cn0vu1f.jpg

I'm sorry, Nelson.

gsizUzy.jpg

Rest in peace, Sparkles.

x8fJsTk.jpg

Later this morning.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Hey, Grim. About those traders.

lW0ir7U.png
What about them?

nF7VExC.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
We can't afford their merchandise. I tried to ask for a discount, but it's like asking a shark for a blowjob.

lW0ir7U.png
Motherfuckers.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Umm. Grimwulf?

lW0ir7U.png
Capitalist scum. Liberuls! Money-hoarding pigs! MOTHERFUCKEEERS!!!

RMXu8JB.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Shit, shit! *pssshh* KALIN, we have a situation! Grimwulf has gone mental again!

i8FmYMg.jpg
*psshhh* No worries, me and Peacekeeper will take care of him. *whistles a tune* Space cops, space cops. Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

xUvgxtj.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
FACE THE WRATH OF THE WORKING CLASS!!!

BYJa6OY.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
REVOLUTIOO--

i8FmYMg.jpg
*clubs Grimwulf from behind*

YmWnwHb.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Hhrrrggh... Et tu?

i8FmYMg.jpg
Attention, citizens and tourists! The situation is under control! Nothing to see here! Move along.

lW0ir7U.png
Death to capitalists! Glory to reds!

i8FmYMg.jpg
Alright, you are coming with me. No mr. good cop for you.

LEqIuDq.jpg
*psshhh* Kalin, is it over? How's Grim?

i8FmYMg.jpg
*pshh* He'll be fine. Where were you anyway?

LEqIuDq.jpg
... Busy.

umgxuSH.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
I'll tend to Grimwulf's injuries myself this time. You grab his gun and hide it somewhere.

LEqIuDq.jpg
On it.

rROlrY4.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
I dindu nuthing! Let me go!

i8FmYMg.jpg
Fuck's sake, Grimwulf. You realize you're insane, right? If only you wasn't the only one capable of cooking and building, I swear...

uMbykAS.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Let's not forget the gud looks.

i8FmYMg.jpg
I'm obviously the most attractive heartbreaker of this colony.

lW0ir7U.png
Nu. I am the Kommie King. But you can be the pigtail princess, if you wa-- OH FUCK, what is wrong with you?!

Later that day.

i8FmYMg.jpg
I feel like Indiana Jones. In space!

Mtkg2fy.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Shieeet. Not the snow. Not now.

QlTdGJL.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
*psshhh* Azira! Since mad-ass Grimwulf is taking a fucking break, you and I need to do all the scavenging by ourselves. This might be our very last chance. Azira? Respond, damn you. Fuck!

A bit later.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Azira, you faggot. MOVE, grab something valuable and drag it here. I saw a handgun in cryo facility, it should fetch a nice price.

B4VcFtl.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Yeah... yeah.

Maybe Ryan was right. Maybe I am that kind of person. The one who tortures and murders people for revenge.

Kq9ntIB.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
You've killed her. It's not about your medical skills, you just wanted Sparkles dead.

TADOq6w.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Azira? Oh, for fuck's sake.

This was my first surgery. What was I thinking? Did I want her to die?

RET6YbJ.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Just kill me, you mad fuck!

9NDWd6y.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Azira, what do you think you're doing? Actually, forget it. I don't care. This whole colony is a fucking nuthouse, and I'm the only warden around. *sigh*

Tr76ic8.png
If you want the pain to go away, you have to make things right. You owe it to your brother.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
You think Nelson would be proud of you right now?

xMZwrj4.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
So. The snowfall has finally began.

QCUK3ZW.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Aye.

lW0ir7U.png
We haven't done shit to prepare for Winter. Hell, those centipedes were at least protecting the colony somewhat - look at us now. Just three guys with shit guns.

i8FmYMg.jpg
One with a club.

lW0ir7U.png
Speaking of which, you could go a bit easier on me. Have some respect for your elders.

i8FmYMg.jpg
I could, but where is the fun in that?

HNqQRy2.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Asshole. Where is Azira, by the way?

i8FmYMg.jpg
Oh, you know. Just chillin'.

hpsEnJ4.jpg

FlNHrKH.jpg
So you basically crashed the ship, killing god knows how many people on board, just because you were looking for the nearest bar?!

lW0ir7U.png
*psshh* Azira, get your butt over here! We kinda need you.

Op5ZcsB.jpg

FlNHrKH.jpg
I want you to build your own home on this planet, Azira.

LEqIuDq.jpg
*psshh* On my way.

Later that night.

i8FmYMg.jpg
It's gonna get colder, Ryan.

8rJOdGG.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Thank you for the fire, mr. Kalin.

i8FmYMg.jpg
It's the last one. Either you join the Kolony, or become a snowman. I don't care.

Tr76ic8.png
I will think about it. Be careful near doctor Azira. As a professional empath, I can confirm that he is highly unstable.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Aren't we all?

Tr76ic8.png
He butchered the poor girl right in front of me, laughing madly all the way. This scene will haunt me 'til the rest of my life.

i8FmYMg.jpg
So what? Grimwulf attacked a damn caravan today. Why? Because they didn't provide a discount. But as long as I have this *taps the handle of Peacekeeper*, I can deal with any kind of unrest and disorder.

Tr76ic8.png
You sound confident. I hope you have what it takes to survive the Winter, mr. Kalin.

b4CeeA1.jpg

Inf0mercial

Augur
The true question is if Ryan is trying to play them against each-other or if Azira was full on hallucinating to justify his murder to himself.

the drama is out of this world. really emotional, gut-wrenching stuff. will these three noble colonists survive the winter? can they continue to handle what this planet throws their way? I personally can't wait to find out. by gawd what a story.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Here is one annoyance i have with the game that i hope is fixed if there is a fire animals will freak the fuck out and ignore zones as will colonists if you forget to turn off fire fight, very very fucking annoying

You probably did something wrong with zone assignment. Colonists never attempt to extinguish fire outside of your Home Zone (blue colour). Animals avoid fire to the best of their ability and speed, but sometimes the fire just spreads faster than, say, a muffalo walks away from it.

they all ran out into a scyther drop pod when a fire started, on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL NEAR THE MECHS.

Animals aren't supposed to be smart. Try training obedience - it helps a lot. Assign your pets to a non-combat colonist. When you drag him, all assigned animals will follow him closely. Very convinient if you want to hide/move away your beasties.

The true question is if Ryan is trying to play them against each-other or if Azira was full on hallucinating to justify his murder to himself.

:M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom