Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Known World - Dead Gods hear no pray (CYOA) - "frozen"

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Rigto, voting closed... let's see votes.

Grim:
1: B - but open to change with further discussion.
2: C - the Codex loves devour soul. How can we not?
3: D - let the dumb ass men be dumb
4K: A
4H: B

asx:
1: B > Ac
2: A2 > D
3: C2 > D
4K: C
4H: B > A

Nev:
2D
3C. Get the authorities involved.
4K - A; 4H - B.

Kz3r0
1.Ac)
2.C)
3.D0
4K.D)
H:C)

Tally:
1 - Here is tie number one, but I assume that stronger (>) vote takes priority. So - B
2 - Tie.
3 - D
4: K: A
H: B

Jester - 2.D - tie resolved.

Not that we really needed that tally, but I wanted to write it anyway. Update should be here tomorrow, I think.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Huh was busy. What is going...

Wait who did think that absorbing demon archmage when we know that part of people we absorb linger in Weaver was good idea?
If myst is any indication of archmage there will be huge problems if any of his parts will remain in character. Oh well lets see what will happened.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Shit, again I missed tie? Oh, for fuck sake. Jester - you still can vote, not that we have big group of player waiting.

Also, a>b votes - I'm not entirely sure how I should count those. Just as double vote or in case of tie I should pick that you prefer?

Jester

Arbiter
2 is D, or C?

Would prefer give it to masked, so he has toy and don't screw us with us.

still 2 D

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Chapter 5
Judge and be judged

You look at both of those morons, your companions... and shrug, leaning on tower battlements. Mature people should fucking think for themselves. For a short moment, they glance at you in total silence. Finally, Regreh takes few steps back and coughs.

'Uh, girl... What the hells are you doing?' he lowers his axe and looks at you.

'Watching your duel?' you shrug again. Tone of your voice is dispassionate, like you would instead ask about wholesale price of cucumbers. Castor expression show more and more impatience, as Regreh continues to talk.

'I mean, what the hell are you doing by... Not. Doing. ANYTHING?!' dwarf face reddens as he almost shout next part of sentence 'I don't know, some action, something? You will just stand there and watch?!' he seems to be either deeply insulted or angry. Finally, Castor burst, looking at him.

'What the hell are you doing dwarf?! We was in middle of fight and you just talk with her!' he leans on his staff and frowns. 'Is this some sort of your dwarven joke?'

Regreh turns to Castor and wave his hand, wildly. 'Damn it, of course I want to fight, but, for tits of Goddess! This just isn't right! It was supposed to be our private duel, I asked for this place on purpose. And now, she comes and... looks! She broke holy tradition of duels!' he screams and points at you with his finger, almost like you would did some kind of heresy. 'Weaver, get the hell out and let us finish!'

Your chuckle in your mind, but only thing that you do is raising an eyebrow. 'I don't mind your duel, but who says I can stand and watch? It is free town and I can do whatever I want. Besides, you are dueling on city walls, so I think that only thing being broken is damn law.' you grins and shakes your head.

By some miracle, Regreh face reddens even more. He hand tremble as he almost throw axe at you. Or maybe he is only gesturing. Who knows, anyway, axe stays in his hand as he stomp on the ground, cursing in dwarven. Finally he throw his axe on the ground, storming out of tower, screaming something about "youngsters these days", "holy rules of duels" and "stupid woman".

For a few seconds, Castor/Demon and you looks at place where Regreh stood few seconds ago with expressions pretty much saying. "What the fuck just happend?"

Castor coughs, as he correct smarten up his robes. He looks around and after a while, he says, lowering his voice. 'Let's pretend this never happend and you just slaped both of us, yelling that we are morons and kicking our asses down that stairs, all right?' his voice sounds pitiful. You nods and both of you get away from there.

Well, I know what you may think - he get full easy and our choice maybe didn't even matter, but I must say that you are wrong. Really, it was more of Regreh personality and traditionality then your own work there. He is very quick to fight, but he is a little bit a too serious about honor and tradition. (and there are certain rules of dueling, at least in dwarf culture. You used those? Nope, you rather don't know that much about dwarves. They keep duels between them and clanes rather silent and don't confirm it, but there are rumors) Serious enough to drop duel and storm the fuck out. :lol: Yep, it was pretty much easiest idea to solve it. Just stand and watch... making dwarf annoyed.

A few days later all three of you decide to forget about little... you don't even know how tell what it was. Only witnesses able to tell what happend quickly promised that they won't say anything about it after quick talk with both Regreh and Castor. You must admit, however, that you already hear jokes about wizard and dwarf in tower and most of those are hilarious.

Anyway, Regreh still keeps his distance from you, even more then Castor, as he at least insults him, when they are alone. Castor is mostly busy trying to get his reward from Alexander, access to some sort of locked tower in city. He don't want to speak about details and even Alex seems to avoid talking about that thing, despite your efforts.

In meantime, he finally get some time to give you money Council promised you, or rather bank account and passwords nedded to withdraw money from it. Banks are pretty much registered everywhere around Known World, in bigger cities (except South Kingdoms and old Barbari lands) so you will have access to those without much problems. After all, 15 000 coins are pretty much two heavy chests full of gold. You also ask him about Kaizoku and he respond by just raising his hands and saying.

'Don't worry, Auntie, we observe him all time. Give me day or two and you will have him, I just need some trusted people and they are busy, running around... you don't even know how hard is it to keep peace in city, now. But I think that we will manage to do it. Just give us two or three years.' his chuckle is cold, but at least he smiles. Avian is still trying to heal his hand, becouse it got infected, which make Alex pretty much murmur "Fucking moron" everytime someone mentions him. Natrila took command of Assassins (at least when Alex is busy) and supports Alex while he works with Kardim to keep city at least whole, if not peaceful.

You also ask him if he can send some people, or at least use some contacts and try to find Hiri, to send her message about your current location. He quickly nods, but adds.

'I will try to find her, but you know that if she don't want to be found, my contact can't do much. You trained her, after all.' he smiles.

'Oh, stop glorifying me, you young fox. You are acting like you father...' you laughs when he stops writing as soon as you mention he is like his father.

'Touche, old witch.' he murmurs and turn way, getting back to work.

Thing that possibly could create most problems was Umbra and Archmages request. You decided to be polite, but said it clear - you don't want to be part of their game. And so, you go to Citadel, where they are guests for few days, before they will come back to their own dominions. You are invited, after all.

You never knew that Citadel have any kind of living rooms, besides small guard quarters. Well, you was wrong, as north wing of it seems to be rather damn old part of king's castle. Works of art, gold-plating handrails and marble stairs... well, you can't say that Larnmarn kings had bad taste. Slowly walking toward great room called "Mead Hall", you look around at those wonders, almost unguarded... for a few moments, you would prefer to be thief, then spy... only for a short moment.

As guards opens door to Mead Hall, you see three archmages sitting in armchairs, next to great fireplace. Masked, despite warmth, still have his standard robes, but those seems to be new ones. Only thing that never seems to change is his cloak and hood, with his face hidden under shadow. Radosk Zabadon clothes are surprisingly simple for people like him. Simple wool shirt and pants, leather shoes. His sword, Zweihander, lies next to him, leaning on his armchair. Lysang, now in apperance of younger man, smokes pipe and tells a story or a joke about something called "Wishmaker". Sadly, he seems to already finish it, as you heard.

'And then that fool screamed to Wishmaker - "I want entire lake to transform into beer!" - ' he spread his hands. 'Suddenly, older fisherman hits him in back of the head and screams - "You moron! Now we must piss into the fucking boat!" - ' and then all of three archmages burst into laughter. For a short moment, they act like normal people... damn, they look as normal people. But they aren't normal people. Normal people can't burn others with few words... But you, too, aren't normal, are you?

You slowly walk toward them and short after, they finally notice you. Each one eyes you and you suddenly, feel very smart. You never planed to meet three archmages of Circle, at least not alone. You quickly bows before them.

'Weaver, Weaver, don't bow!' Masked voice pierce your eyes, suddenly. 'After all, we know each other, didn't we! We are friends from old war, comrades!' he chuckles. Radosk offers you smile and nod, Lysang only looks at you, as suddenly, his face brightens.

'Wait, wait! I know that woman! Haha, Dead Gods!' he laughs as he touches Radosk arm. 'Remember that story I told you about one of my sparings during March? That when some girl hit me with my own staff right into my fucking face? It was her, Gods! How you called me back there?' he looks at you, waiting for answer.

'Old fart, I think.' you respond, a bit ashamed... damn it, he have good fucking memory. Too good for your own taste. In meanwhile, Radosk snorts and finally speaks to you, as Lysang keep laughing.

'Not many people would dare to speak like that to any Circle member, even back then.' his voice is pleasant for ears, soft and warm. It is truth, what they say about it. He is handsome. - you nods to your thoughs. You wonder if rumors about that he is one of a few people in Circle that could be called 'good' are truth... you mean, besides that you know are truth. And most are. 'I think we meet, actually. Hmm, something connected to dwarves? Also, ma'am, sit please. It is shame that I didn't did it earlier.' he stand up, offering you to sit... well, it would be rude to refuse, right?

You slowly nods as you sit in chair. 'I don't want to take much of you time, Archmages. But, yes. I was one of people on Goban-Tar.' you see how his expression changes when you mention Goban-Tar. He slowly nods and smiles to you, with sadness in his eyes.

'We also don't want to take much of your time, Weaver.' Masked leans his hand on arm of armchair and looks at you... he looks a bit... feminine? 'Tell us, what you decided?' two other archmages nods, waiting for your answer.

'I... I decided that I'm not right person to decide about thing of that matter. I don't know what and why I should choose, so I leave this matter to you, wise Archmages. I'm sorry, but I just don't feel right, deciding about that.' you say slowly, observing their faces... Lysang seems to be a bit disappointed, but nothing else then that. Radosk only smiles and nods to you, probably giving you sign that he understands. Masked is like closed book... so, like always. Finally, Count speaks.

'We understand. Then, we will decide ourselves. Don't worry, ma'am, nothing happend.' he looks at you, surprised, when you rise from chair. 'Ah, you already biding us farewell?'

You offer them fast bow. 'I'm sorry, but yes, Count. I have to left you alone as I have my work to do and I don't dare to take any more of your precious time.' You slowly curse in your head. That sound stupid... but you really want to get out of there. One archmage is enough to throw you off balance, three of them in one room is a bit too much. Count offers you bow, while Lysang nods and waves, smiling. Under Masked hood, grin appears, for few seconds, before he turn to Lysang, while you start going away.

(Listen roll - succeed) And then, you heard words, even form that distance. Years of spy work finally pay off. Those are Lysang words. He snorts and probably shakes his head, but you can't tell. 'Hmhm. It seems that this woman outsmarts you again, Masked. She is wise to don't take part in your games.'

You can't heard responce, as you are already too far, but you smile to yourself. Go choke on it, you grining bastard.

As you get back to your safehouse, it start raining. You curse, pulling hood on your head and start walking faster. People slowly disappear off streets, as rain intensifies. Damn, you didn't saw rain that big in Larnmarn... well, in last 10 years. Almost like that day when you meet Alex father...

You walk faster, into small labirynth of alleys. You know those and you keep your hands on knives and your sword, just in case. And then, on one of rooftops, you notice something, for few seconds. It was sharpe of humanoid, you are sure of that. Someone is sneaking around and as far as you know, you seems to be only person around... fuck. You walk faster, but you don't let yourself lost peace... as far as they don't know that you detected them/him, you have chance to either escape, or if you will be forced to fight, surprise that someone.

You finally reach point where alleys slowly changes into bigger streets, but ahead of you, 15 feets, someone lands, as he jumps down form one of lower roofs. You take out your weapon and roll, just in case of crossbow or any other ranged attack. But nothing like that happend. You like at man in violet armor, black cloak and white mask on his face. For longer while, you hear only rain falling on your sword... you see some sort of curved sword, on man belt, but it is still in scabbard.

Finally, he speaks. His voice is... kind of silent. Almost like you would hear it from other side of door or something like that. You can't tell much more then that, really... some kind of magic hidding his real voice?

'You aren't easy to follow.' you heard sort of praise in his voice. 'But I didn't expected less from someone like you.'

You look at him, but you are also sure too look around to see if anyone else is waiting on either rooftops or somewhere around, hidden in shadows... but you find nobody. Finally, you look at a man for a while and you mind reacts... you know who he is... at least heard about him.

Judge, Stanger from Streets, Guardian of Larnmarn... but usually, Judge. Man who partols streets in night, on his own, protecting people. But usually, he hunts those that escape from Guard, for long time. Serial killers, rapist, murderers, slavers. More then kind of local hero, rather a legend. From that you heard, a bloody good fighter. He knows his job, as he never was captured either of any else of bounty hunters or Guard. Also, he knows his terrain. And you are on it.

'You don't plan to talk?' his question remain in air, almost whisper. 'I don't blame you for being cautious.'

'What do you want, Judge? Or prehaps I should use other title?' your voice stays neutral. You don't plan to attack him... yet. Prehaps it would be wise to rather retreat then attack vigilante on his own hunting ground.

'Judge will suffice. I wanted to talk with you, Black. Or prehaps you prefer other title, Weaver? Lady Black? Titana? Eyeless?' huh. You are surpised that he knows last one... you used it only once, during small operation in Larnmarn. 'Yes, I know a bit about you. I do my homework.'

You slowly nods. 'Talk about what?'

'About you. You know, it is funny thing... would be funny if I wouldn't treat my job seriously. I have hard time, right now. Considering your reputation among Larnmarians under many titles. After that you did last time, in Wizard Ward, my job is even harder then usuall.'

You eyes him and finally, he continues. 'Someone contacted me, Weaver. He told me that you are murderer and you killed many of his friends. You blow up his property, murdering innocent workers and destroying his work.'

'People usually say many things, but it isn't always truth. So you are here to kill me... I'm sorry, judge me.' you correct yourself, with sarcasm in your voice.

'Second one, not yet. I first wanted to ask of your version of things that happend in place called Ravenhord... If I rememeber correctly, it was old fortress, on south. Somebody contacted me, but I don't know who. He said you are murder add offered me 50 000 coins for you. Alive. But I'm not head hunter or slaver. I wanted to heard what you have to say. Becouse of your reputation, becouse of what you did to this town. Becouse that you know Alexander Vanermo. Also, other things. Like saving kids of Black Barn. Or Barnaba, for friends.' he looks at you. 'I only want to hear what you have to say.'

'And...' you look around, slowly trying to fight other ways to escape, just in case. 'If I don't want to talk?'

He sighs. 'Then my job will be even harder.'

Judge want to hear your version of things that happend in Ravenhord. You don't know what he heard, but it is safe to assume that someone lied to him... you decide to:

A) Tell him the truth, about your prison and about everything else. Simple truth, why you should lie?:
a1) You don't mention Masked.
a2) You will tell him about Masked.
a3) Tell him the story omitting any details pointing to the people involved.
B) You will lie. Some simple story should suffice. He don't need to know anything about you and Ravenhord. At least not something that could be larger part of truth.
C) Attack! This may be some sort of trap and you don't want to be one who dies in this rain. If somebody will die, it will be him.
D) Run. You are on his terrain and you don't want to engage into fight, at least not here. You know Larnmarn well enough to escape, even from Judge himself.

Summary will appear tomorrow.

Oh, and I lied. I posted it today. :smug:

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Aa3) Tell him the story omitting any details pointing to the people involved. No naming names. No 'Regreh' and 'Dambarg' - just 'companions' and 'cellmates'. No 'Masked' - just a mage. No details that would help establish him as an archmage ether, but enough to piece together what happened.

Also, if you have any questions to Judge, feel free to ask. About anything, including questions about reward on your head.
If he doesn't know who put a reward on our head, how did he intend to get paid?

Suppose he captures us after all. What was he to do afterwards?

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Aa3) Tell him the story omitting any details pointing to the people involved. No naming names. No 'Regreh' and 'Dambarg' - just 'companions' and 'cellmates'. No 'Masked' - just a mage. No details that would help establish him as an archmage ether, but enough to piece together what happened.

If he doesn't know who put a reward on our head, how did he intend to get paid?

Suppose he captures us after all. What was he to do afterwards?

Added option Aa3).

On first question, he shakes his head and respond. 'I don't plan to get paid. I don't do that for money. Also, I know who passed message to people that gave it to me. And I know where he is... But he don't know about that.'

Second answer: 'Who said I plan to capture you? For now, I want just to talk. Even if you don't tell me anything, I don't know if I will try to do it. You never did anything against people of this town. Damn, you did many things that helped them. But I may have something to offer you, if you will tell me your version of this story... Informations.'

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Who said I plan to capture you?
Who said he can capture us? :M

I am talking hypothetically, of course. If he knows nothing of his would-be employer, why did he consider investigating the case in the first place instead of dismissing it as crazy talk?

To convince him (or any other bounty hunter) to act, the people who put a reward on our head must have left traces and connections. Someone who can pay whomever captures us. Somewhere to take us to when they do. Does he know anything about that?

I mean, if a random hobo said you could off someone and get paid some crazy sum without specifying how to do it and how to get paid and without bolstering his credibility in any way, you'd laugh in their face.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Well, he pretty much answers that main thing that make him even look at that case are two things: that person find out how to contact him and this isn't how it happens. He usually just find some sort of criminal and either deliver his head to Guard or just knock him off and leave him tied somewhere with message who that person is and what he did. Usually either Guard find them or they get lynched.

Second thing is curiosity. That case smells like shit from ten miles away. Somebody mistaken him for headhunter and tried to hire him, so they have no idea about his methods. It is interesting for him.

So far he was observing of anyone tries to put a reward for you and found nothing. Perhaps they want to see if he will do what they asked him to do.

Well, usually, yes. But that crazy hobo find out how to contact vigilante that hides his face for 10 years now. And usually he isn't contacted by people that ask him to capture other people, showing money around and promising 50 000 coins.

Last edited:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Chapter 6
"Easy prey, I say"

It take a while before you finally speak, but you know what you will tell him. You coughs, looking around once more. 'Let's get of streets, then we can talk.'

Judge nods and slowly walk toward one of pipes on wall nearby and start climbing up. You decide to take another way, using small penthouse, and from there you slowly use another, smaller roof. Finally, you get on same level as Judge. He pull his blade from sheath as he sits on the ground.

'Now, I assume there is something you wanted to tell me, I think.' he turns his head at street below you. 'You may start...'

It takes a while, but you tell him story of your last journey, without mentioning names of your companions and what is more important - Masked. Instead, there is 'group of companions', 'people breaking free some powerful wizard' and 'prison guards' or rather 'slavers'. He doesn't move all that time, listening to your words and don't ask any question. He just sits there, despite cold rain.

Finally, you finish your story and look around you, just in case. Never lost your caution. Never. First rule of safe spying... if you can even do something like this. Finally, after another long while of silence, he nods and speak.

'I see. Now at least it make some sense... well, I can't tell I believe you with all things you said, but... I think I can trust you. Well, it seems that your enemies get new one.' you heard snark under his mask.

'Well, you told me you will have some information for exchange.' you cross your arms on your chest, frowning.

'Yes, I know. I know this mage hired small group of mercenaries to protect himself. It is quite well trained and armed, but I don't know how they call themselves. Some newcomers. About him - he is some sort of guy playing with runes, but I don't know exactly what kind. I was sure that it was mistake, but I saw his face. It is tatooed with those runes, all over it. I don't think it is just for laugh.' he nods to himself. 'I don't know enemy possibilites and this may be problem if we want to get him.'

You look at him for a while, before you add. 'We?'

He respond with same thing. 'I think, that yes. We. You want to know who placed reward on your head. It is possible that that man is either one of people that capture you or he works for them. I'm in mostly becouse I don't like when somebody try to make me fool and I don't like false false accusations. Especially when somebody accuse good people.' he nods again and stand up. 'Listen, I need some time, give me two days. Meet me near inn called "Dead Man Tree" near border of South and Lords ward. Get some equipment and some people, if you want help. I don't worry about myself, but you... well. Just be ready to fight some wizard.' he stop talking, but after few moments, adds. 'Oh, and don't bring something like damn squad of assassins. They are good to eliminate someone, but in that case... it will bring attention and we don't want that.'

You shrugs. 'Fine. I will think about it. If I will decide to do it your way, I will be there. Two days.'

'Fine then, I will wait. Two days.' he nods and take few steps back. Then he jumps on roof next to you. Slowly, he disappear from your sight, as he jumps between roofs. You sighs, shaking your head... not good. So they started their chase, probably. Well, you can deal with this problem, but it isn't good. They are searching for you and rest of your companions in first place... are you really so precious to them? If yes, why?

Well, maybe this man will hold those answers, but for now, you decides to get back to home... rain is stronger. You are already wet and even souless people can fall sick.

You finally get to your safehouse and put your cloak on warm pipes, as most of your clothes. They should dry soon and in meanwhile you take fast shower. You was more then cautious after meeting with Judge and you are sure that nobody tried to follow you, but just in case you weave a bit in alleys of Dwarf Ward.

When you get out of bathroom, Regreh slowly open door of safehouse and get in. 'Ah, Weaver.' he seems... different then normal. More serious and... sad. As he put his cloak on pipe, he turns to you and sighs.

'What happend?' you look at him, suprised by his expression. He wasn't talking to you for a while and you can't think why he would change this so soon.

'We buried Darder, son of Magrog.' he sighs again, as you shiver... you forget about it. Not about funeral - dwarven funeral is only for dwarves. Nobody else even can be part of it, as you heard... and it can sometimes become unplesant. You heard about bunch of bandits that tried to storm one of dwarven houses during funeral... and let's just say that nobody heard about them again. At least, nobody saw them again. "They can be honorable, but if you give any sign of trying to interfere into their tradition - they will show you meaning of pain" - words of your mentor still ring in your ears as you nods. 'Don't worry, I gave them your condolence.'

'Thanks you, Regreh.' you decide to finally talk with him about Castor, while he still is under emotions. 'Listen, I know you are angry about Castor thing...' you tries to continue, but he raises his hands.

'Stop talking about him. I don't care anymore, as long as he keep his distance form us... I mean, me.' he looks into your eyes and lower his voice. 'I only wanted to warn you. Don't trust him, even after he helped us. It isn't even that he is a demon. It is that he lied to us about his true nature. Well, it is everything I wanted to say.' he nods and sits on chair next to table. 'Anything interesting happend in meantime?'

You think a bit before you finally speak. Should he know about it? Well, he deserves to know a bit. 'I meet with man called Judge, local... law enforcer. Somebody placed an reward on my head, I think. Probably Purple Robes.'

He looks at you, suprised. 'Are you sure?' he stops for a moment. 'Damn, you are sure. So they are following us... at least you. I wonder why they placed reward on your head only.' he scratches his beard, thinking.

'You know, they probably have knowledge about us. At least a bit. They know I could hide in Larnmarn, as I have some connection in this city... I hope that chaos around everything that happend in last few weeks is enough to cover our actions. They probably will try to find Castor in some are where wizard could want to escape. And you, in Dwarven lands.' you respond after a while of thinking. It is what most of people would do after a year of imprisonment.

'Well, it is logical. So what should we do? I suggest getting away from Larnmarn, while we can. Or at least lay low around.'

'I plan to meet with Judge... probably. And then, with some help, I want to capture that motherfucker that placed reward on my head. Pretty much that.' well, it of course isn't your plan. At least not all of it.

'I heard a bit about this Judge guy, he seems to be good lad. Keeping peace and kill bastards. Simple, clean work. I think I will like him.' Regreh nods to himself, as suddenly, you heard few knocks. Door slowly open as you take few throwing daggers into your hand. Falr head appear in opening doors.

'Hello Weaver, hello Regreh!' he smiles to you... damn it. Without one eye, he don't look that young anymore. Wound seems to heal pretty well, but it still look terrible. You smile to him and wave with daggers in your hand. Regreh laughs and shakes his head.

'Hello, boy! How is your head? Still hurts or maybe it don't feel anything. It was empty when I checked it last time.' he still laughs when Falr grins.

'Fuck you, old dwarf.' he snarks and turns to you. 'Alexander want to see you, right now. Or at least today... some sort of package is ready for you, he says.' he suddenly looks at you, surpised.

Well, he have reason. When you heard those words, your smile slowly turns to grin and then, you laugh. It isn't some sort of mean giggle... rather spiteful, loud laughter. You rise form chair and grab your armor and blade, and put it on your fresh clothes. Oh, yes this is great news! Great news!

It is finally time to meet someone who you wanted to meet for some time.

Darkness in dungeons under Citadel was almost impenetrable. Not many people were her for long time, in last 50 years. Guard have their own dungeons and Council rather don't keep any prisoners around for too long. Anyway, you walk in that darkness with Falr and Regreh next to you. One of council guards lead you in those tunels, between locked cells and doors. Finally, he stops next to another room, with two guards next to doors and few torches on walls nearby, disturbing darkness around.

'Here. We will be outside, just in case. He is all yours. Easy pray, I say.' he nods (and smiles) to you as he open door and another two guards get outside of small room. You nods to Falr and Regreh and you get inside.

Room itself was quite small, with one lamp above pair of chairs, on other side of table, standing in the middle. On one of them, small male looks at you, as you get inside. Your face is hidden both in darkness and under your hood. He wear sleeping clothes, but now, those look like rags. His handcuffs are blocked by metal ring embed into table. He isn't hurt in any way, but it is more then obvious that he is scared as hells. Still, he tries to behave like his someone.

'Who are you? How you dare threat me like that! I'm one of Lords! You have no right to arrest me like that, for nothing! Who do you think you are?' Kaizoku voice sound like squeak of otter. Or maybe rather like rat? You smile under your hood as you pull chair a bit and sit on other chair. 'I demand answers!'

And then, you pull hood from your head. For few seconds, Warner Kaizoku looks at your face, confused. And then he realizes what just happend. He is locked in small, small room. He is handcuffed to heavy oak table. And what is more important, you sit on the other side of that table. His face pales as he squeaks and tires to pull table away from you.

'GUARDS, GUARDS HELP! MURDER! SHE WANT TO KILL ME! GUUUUAAA - Urk!' you punches him right in the face and he lands back on the chair. His scared eyes looks at you and he quickly turn his face to Regreh and Falr, behind you. 'Help me, I beg you. She want to kill me, murder me! I swear, this woman is mad bit - aght!' you hit him again, before he finally stop speaking.

'Now, Kaizoku, my dear friend... tell me. What I should do with you?' you speak slowly, with words full of venom. 'You betrayed me, we both know about this. You act almost like you would see ghost. You never expected to ever see me again, didn't you?'

His expression changes, as his eyes almost pleads you for mercy. 'Weaver, I swear, it isn't like you thing, they forced me, y-yes. They forced me, threatened me that if I don't write that message they will kill me. Please, unde- URK!' you punch him again to stop that waterfall of bullshit coming from his mouth. He spit with blood, next to table.

'Warner, Warner.' you shake your head. 'Please, you was better lying scum in past. Threatened you? With what, buring you under those bags of gold coins that you earned for solding me? Or maybe locking you in that manor of yours?' you stand up and pull your blade out of scabbard. 'SPEAK, you little scum. Who paid you!' you screams at his face, as he almost jumps in chair. You hear how some liquid slowly soak on ground... this little fucker just peed his pants.

'Weaver, they will kill me if I will tell you anything! I beg you! I be... NO WEAVER N- ' his scream fills room as you cut his fingers off his right hand. Blood spills everywhere, but your cut is clear. You didn't damaged anything else except those fingers. Half of his index finger and large part of his middle finger now lies on table. He screams until you hit him again. Finally Regreh whispers.

'Girl, maybe you will stop a b...' you turn to him and he shuts up. Good, you don't need any moralistic debates rigft now. Falr only looks at you in silence. Kaizoku looks at his hand in shock and moans. You pull your glove off your hand and grab his other hand, as he squeak another time, looking at you.

'Speak. Or I will start feeding.' you almost spit those words at his face, when he looks at his and your hand.

'W-w-weaver, don't do s-stupid things n-now.' he stutters slowly in fear. 'You d-don't...' he stops as you start sucking his live force, trying to pull his hand off yours, but both handcuffs and your hand hold him. 'S-stop it.' his voice suddenly become even weaker, his face is white as snow now. 'I b-beg y-you. St-top it-t.'

You suck more and more. It will take some time before he will faint or die, but you still can feed. You must pull him to his limits to make him speak. 'Who.'

'S-TOP IT-T.' he tries to pull his hand again, but he is even weaker then before. He turns to Falr and Regreh. 'H-help m-me. Sh-he is-s a mons-ster. Sa-ave m-me.'

'Speak or face death, you little fucker.' you grins to him, as you almost whisper those words into his face. His eyes widens as he finally screams, without any pause or stutter.

'KARINAR, HIS NAME IS KARINAR! He paid me for everything, informations about you, your jobs, everything!' he hit the table and scream. 'I will tell you, just s-stop!'

Then you release his hand and tilt your head. 'Well... speak.'

Quicker then ever, you learn everything about man named Karinar. Kaizoku claims that his man is wizard, with many tattooes on his body, working for someone else. They found Kaizoku one night, after he contacted with you and "requested" his assistance in their plans. He couldn't disagree, they pointed it out, very well. So he sold them informations about you. He told you how they paid him large amount for money for each one. He finally tells you about their plan, to get you into their trap by his message. Everything is clear now. You ask him about more details, but he don't know anything, at least he claims so. So you ask him about House... and then, he looks at you, suprised. He quickly tells you that he learned about House nature, at least part of it from them. You push him a bit again, before he finally admits that he had few informations on his own, at least about destruction of it: it was suprise for many of spy organizations, at least those he know, with House reputation. For many of those, everyone of it are either dead or work for other organizations, but you know on your own that it is false information. You push him futher and learn even more - Karinar told him, during their meetings, that it was thing that brought their attention to you... so they wasn't responsible for House destruction? Was he laying to this bastard? Or maybe it is truth?

You try to get more information about Karinar himself, but you get not much except that how he look. Warner simply don't know anything about nature of his magic and he didn't tried to dig to deep about him... for his own sake.

You nods to yourself... so you know who is Judge wizard. This may be interesting... Two thing connect into one. It is time to decide what to do with some things... and some people.

Time to vote.

1. Warner Kaizoku is finally in your hands. Time to decide what to do with this little bastard... You rather don't need to hear more, don't you?
a) Simple things - kill that fucker right now. Slash his throat, behead him, twist his neck? Whatever, just get rid of him.
b) Let's use him in finally useful way - suck him dry. It is only thing that he can do for you without any chance of fucking it up, isn't it?
c) Give him to Alexander. He is already accussed of some things (selling informations to enemies of Larnmarn and things like that) so he will be executed in few days.
d) Release him. He already is scared as little shit and he can't do anything to harm you... and maybe he can lead you to some more people that are connected to it?
e) Use him in your plan of dealing with Karinar. He knows him so you can use him as a bait or something else. Maybe he can get you clean way to his house. Anyway, he may be useful there.
f) Freeform.

2. You have large amount of money on your bank account and may it would be wise to spend some on those. What you can buy? (If you have any idea bout items you want beside those below, feel free to write and ask about those. Prehaps you can found something like that) How it work with voting - if 3 times some of you will write each item to buy (and you have some money), you will buy it. If you have better idea how to do it, feel free.

Cold Iron's Brothers - old, but quite famous armory. Run by two dwarven brothers, Brini and Zirni, it will provide you quality of both weapons and armors... in fair prices. As far as dwarven shop can have fair prices.

You can get here probably any sort of weapon or armor you want, in good guality. Below, I'm only giving you special items form this shop:

- Iron-Leather Armor - leather armor, enchanced with powerful spell making it almost as strong as plate armor. It still is leather and you can move without any problem when you put it on yourself. Only problem is a cost: around 5000 coins. Also, it can't be enchanced in any other way.

- Cold Iron weapons - weapons made out special enchanced iron, secret recepture of brother's family. Those deal additional damage to any magical creatures and can penetrate magical field or shields, but when exposed to extreme temperatures, those weapons break very easy. Can be enchanced with one *and only one) of these, by brothers: (For each weapon itself - 3000 coins)
projectile breaker (it give small chance to either dispell any sort of magical projectile or reflect it) (500 coins)
anger of dwarven kin (once in a week, you may deal damage to any target, ignoring target armor. It can be prevented having some sort of magical protection/enchancement on armor) (1500 coins)
steady as mountain (when anybody tires to disarm you, you get free attack and have large bonus to avoiding that disarm) (800 coins)
fast as wind (you gain small bonus to attack speed) (1000 coins)

- Dwarven glass bombs - one of most dangerous inventions of dwarven race, those bombs are very easy to use and... deadly. When you put some sort of metal thing inside, anything small like coins or other thing and then arm it, it will explode with those, using metal and glass as sharpnels, often getting even through walls of buildings. Main problem with those is that they are impossible do disarm and unstable as hells, even when not armed. Use at your own risk. (300 coins each other)

Old Wezir Magical Shop - another quite famous shop, this time run by wizard called Old Wezir. He specializes in magical necklaces and rings, but he also have other items to sell. Mixtures, scrolls (can't be used by you, only items. Those use magical energy of caster on already prewriten spell, so those are useful for fast casting) and on so.

- Mixtures and other things like that:

Invisibility - make you invisible for one minute, but only that. People can still hear you and you still can be detected by some spells. (300 coins)

Healing - (minor wounds, medium, heavy, critical) - those heal your wounds. How much - depends on mixture type. (100/500/1000/1800 coins) - those don't work instantly, but at time. Still it is better then waiting months to heal some wounds. Or die in meantime. Heavy and critical also stabilize people, but you still need to stop bleeding.

Blind/Deafen/Confuse/Faint powders - if you make someone swallow or breath one of those, they did exactly what they have in name for 10 minutes. Be careful with those. (300 coins each)

Shield potion - that potion create weak, almost invisible shield around you, protecting you from magical attack and spells. (500 coins)

(Other mixtures exist too, I just don't want to write those here. Too much work, just ask if you want any, I will add it with price. If it exist, of course)

Rings and amulets: (Need to be powered by wizard or source once in a while)

Shield amulet - do same thing as potion, once in a day. Need to be sometimes refilled with power from some source, like other item or some wizard willing to share his power. How much time? Hard to tell, it always is "hard to tell" with those magical items that work on other sources of power. (1000 coins)

Seardim Seal - another amulet, but this time form higher shelf. It summons creature called Seradim, kind of familiar (looks like small dragon) that serve whoever summon him with amulet. It possess "certain" spells and may cast some of them, but those aren't powerful. It talk and can spy or do other things... and don't need to be feed. If killed, it come back to amulet and can be summoned after three weeks of it's death. If amulet is destroyed, it dies. (5000 coins)

Vomit amulet - this one is nasty. When used, it flashes with flickering light that make vomit people whoever look at it when it is activated. Can be stoped only by some sort of anti-magic shield of by stoping vomiting after it start. (2000 coins)

Ring of mirror image/blur - you can create your copies that can walk around and run, fooling your enemies. However, if touched by living creature or attacked, those disappears. If used as blur, it's subject outline appears blurred, shifting and wavering (1200 coins)

Ring of life detection - this ring, when used, make living creatures around shine with red light. Doesn't work on undead or if anyone is behind any sort of wall or other thing. (800 coins)

The Great Balzako Weird Shop - uhh... this shop have many, many weird items. Balzako seems to be some sort of jester... you think. But hey... maybe something from there will be useful. If you pay for something and ask Balzako to find something that may do it, maybe he will find it? Uh, you don't want to use that offer? Or maybe you do?

Disguise box - this box have many things that could help you disguise yourself or someone else. Helpful thing, when you need disguise. (300 coins)

??? - Uhh. Ohh? What the fuck is that thing? (10000 coins)

3. Meeting with Judge and dealing with Karinar - you will need to pick some people if you want to take those with you on that mission. Also, you can always pick some plan now or wait until you meet with Judge.

Your squad possible members:
a) Regreh - rather not suggested in silent option.
b) Castor - don't pick him and Regreh, they simple don't agree.
c) Falr
e) Ask Avian for help with this one.
f) Ask Natrila.
g) Ask Alexander for some backup, small force of Assassins should be enough.
h) Ask Kardim for some Guard backup.
i) Hire some adventurers to do hard work. (1200 coins should enough for small party)

Plan: (don't need to pick it now, but if you do it, next chapter will be faster, instead of voting plan between this one and after meeting)

A1) Silent way - no deaths. You simply get in, knock out guards and get Karinar out of there, without any problems. You pick way that will be safest to sneak in with your squad and get as fast out of there. Maybe his merc won't even find out he disappeared until it will be too late.
A2) Silent way - kill guards. You get in as in first one, but this time, you kill guards if you are forced to/if they get in your way. No regrets, they got paid for that, after all.
B1) Attack - frontal. You don't play any games with this one, just attack those bastards along with Kardinar. He don't expect to be attacked that way, after all.
B2) Attack - Kaizoku trap. You will use Kaizoku as bait to get Kardinar outside of his safehouse and attack him in open field. This should do thing. Of course, you can't kill Kaizoku to do it.
C) Making Wizard a Fool - this one will need a bit of taste, but it can actually work. Make Kaizoku work with Judge and let them bring yourself into his hands, after all he captured your with small squad of mercenaries. Kaizoku is only contact... and then, let mask drop and catch them in their own trap.
D) Freeform

Summary will appear later.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
1C
2 Six(6) cold iron throwing knives, four (4) glass bombs, healing potions two(2) of each, Shield amulet, disguise box.
3 x for now.
plan x for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom