Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

baturinsky

Arcane
It's probably more poor language skills, than trolling. I mean, TES story and, especially, lore, are good, but not outstanding. Not standing head and shoulders above anything before and after. There is dime a dozen games with story and lore, big deal.

But Daggerfall's 1:1 huge world is one of a kind. And it NEARLY worked. With some refining it could be made a game that is not only insanely big, but also insanely diverse.
But they chickened out, and started making disneylands.

Falksi

Arcane
Saw this for £2 whilst out shopping today, so bought it again for the laugh.

Now I've already tried to play it through twice and got really bored around 20 levels in. It definitely suffers from loads of shit modern issues such as junk loot, drowning in fetch-quests, a certain lack of soul.........but.................I'm actually quite enjoying it this time round.

This time I'm only doing the main quest, the main faction quests, and the odd interesting quest here and there. The second I find a quest even remotely dull I scrap it and move on (unlike the first tmie where I forced some through to completion). I'm also playing as a Rogue/Mage too, ignoring all upper tier "awesome button" abilities, and investing in abilities that still require skill in the lower tiers. Also playing on the hardest level to keep it as tough as poss, and avoiding crafting too. that's keeping things a tad more challenging and interesting.

It's still flawed, it's still a bit "meh" at times, but I'm playing it alongside Underrail and it provides a very enjoyable 30-60 min alternative to it when I feel I need a breather.

At £2 I'd say it's a good buy, and I'd love to see a properly structured & refined sequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom