Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Darkzone

Arcane
Shirtgate and problems within the time schedule. Hmm if this is good to state this so openly? This makes Vavra someone with whom one can drink a beer.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The intro and outro was hilarious. Their QA lady being burlesque dancer is hilarious/awesome too. I hope they manage to get the alpha update out before the christmas break.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lol I love these. The funny stories are actually funny.

Best one is they literally starved an NPC to death because they started a conversation, went afk for some time and the time-stop feature in conversations wasn't implemented yet :D

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What did he say at the QA?

1. Explained why conversations can't be in real time in such a deeply simulated world (many environmental risks to break the conversation, even kill the player for instance)
2. Said they had to tune down the simulation coz it was getting a bit ridiculous and the game would never exist without cheating here and there
3. Explained why is the time compressed (1 day is 1 hour) and why it's not a good idea to have the gameplay time copy the real world time (due to many time-dependent quests you would have to use the "skip time" feature too often).

Personally I reckon the compression is way too harsh and they make too much fuss about the time in conversations. So yeah, if you started the conversation without any adjustments, the rest of the world would freeze - big deal. So you just blur the background out or something. Nobody would give a shit. Better than wasting time with all those shenanigans.

Cadmus

Arcane
I love these videos, they are very open and honest about their work and talk about the real things and problems not just some shitty concepts or ideas or visions or emotions like the western developers seem to do.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
1 hour = 1 day is just the way it was in Skyrim, wasn't it? It's way too harsh and unnecessary if you actually have a big map. 1 hour = 4/6/8 hours is much better. Hopefully QA-testing will let them realize that and finetune it.

Cadmus

Arcane
Any new info about actual rpg mechanics?
I don't think so. I watched a presentation by the lead designer and it made me happy because they produce the game exactly as I wish they did. It's all tons of systems with the necessary additions of animations and items for some quests. Hopefully this means that the game will feature a real emergent gameplay like in Flashpoint where cool things happen because of how you play and think instead of being shoved down your throat.
I spent the night watching Vavras presentations and this just might be the one game I let myself be hyped for. I don't recall ever seeing that fat, bald fuck Gaider speak so clearly about design decisions, or Sawyer for that matter.

I can already see some fucking idiot like rogey yell "OMG THEY SO UNPROFESSIONAL" but they are the opposite of that, just a no-bullshit technical guys.

He also spoke about the czech localization (dunno if it's been covered here already) and said they don't know how to do it because the animations are motion captured in english and they wanted to produce real quality VO and if they simply dubbed it in czech it would look like a shitty TV dub plus the czech localization ain't gonna pay for itself so the issue is still open.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
1 hour = 1 day is just the way it was in Skyrim, wasn't it? It's way too harsh and unnecessary if you actually have a big map. 1 hour = 4/6/8 hours is much better. Hopefully QA-testing will let them realize that and finetune it.
We are considering having 1 day = 2 hours or even more.
The closed alpha proved that now 1 simple quest might easily take 2 or 3 in-game days. Which again in turn makes you skip-time too often because you want to skip the night.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
We are considering having 1 day = 2 hours or even more.
The closed alpha proved that now 1 simple quest might easily take 2 or 3 in-game days. Which again in turn makes you skip-time too often because you want to skip the night.
Exactly. Plus even if the compression is 1:4 or more you are not gonna be skipping time all the time anyway - if there's enough content and quests to keep you constantly busy.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I would make day 70 minutes and night 50 minutes, or more in similar ratio.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't think so. I watched a presentation by the lead designer and it made me happy because they produce the game exactly as I wish they did. It's all tons of systems with the necessary additions of animations and items for some quests. Hopefully this means that the game will feature a real emergent gameplay like in Flashpoint where cool things happen because of how you play and think instead of being shoved down your throat.
I spent the night watching Vavras presentations and this just might be the one game I let myself be hyped for. I don't recall ever seeing that fat, bald fuck Gaider speak so clearly about design decisions, or Sawyer for that matter.

I can already see some fucking idiot like rogey yell "OMG THEY SO UNPROFESSIONAL" but they are the opposite of that, just a no-bullshit technical guys.

He also spoke about the czech localization (dunno if it's been covered here already) and said they don't know how to do it because the animations are motion captured in english and they wanted to produce real quality VO and if they simply dubbed it in czech it would look like a shitty TV dub plus the czech localization ain't gonna pay for itself so the issue is still open.
Tits Link to RPG mechanics clarification or gtfo.
Also Flashpoint was not really emergent, it was an open world shooter where you could choose the way to kill the baddies. That's much easier to do than a CRPG which would have to implement a story unfolding in that open world, without relying solely on main quest triggers and cutscenes. Fallout basically. I'm not impressed by some nice little alchemy minigame. Put the effort into things that actually matter ffs.
And what did even give you the idea that there would be emergent gameplay in this one? To me it more looks like a pretty linear cutscene heavy game like Bioware used to make them, only with a more intriguing setting and some tacked on open world to waste time between main story missions and to bring in the moneyz from the Skyrim crowd.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Tits Link to RPG mechanics clarification or gtfo.
Also Flashpoint was not really emergent, it was an open world shooter where you could choose the way to kill the baddies. That's much easier to do than a CRPG which would have to implement a story unfolding in that open world, without relying solely on main quest triggers and cutscenes. Fallout basically. I'm not impressed by some nice little alchemy minigame. Put the effort into things that actually matter ffs.
And what did even give you the idea that there would be emergent gameplay in this one? To me it more looks like a pretty linear cutscene heavy game like Bioware used to make them, only with a more intriguing setting and some tacked on open world to waste time between main story missions and to bring in the moneyz from the Skyrim crowd.

Not a good day?

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So so. Thx for asking. :lol:

I just don't like any sort of hype about this game. As intrigued as I am by the real history angle, it all screams popamole and I hate that I still don't understand their marketing buzzword speek "explaining" the fighting system. Makes me feel dumb. :(.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom