Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Drax

Arcane
Ok, ran around the village a couple of minutes to test this.
Before that, I tried to play it on "Very High". Haha, very funny, my pc exploded. I must make do with merely "high" settings, how awkward.
There is no doubt they have great talent in worldbuilding, it's really noticeable that the terrain is based on actual geography, it feels really natural.
I liked the way the dirty "roads" looked.

Oh, and flying nuns:
esu3xz.jpg

Are you sure they ain't using Gamebryo..?

Gotta find the bow now.

Last edited:

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Archery have a problem with the fact that its... annoying to use. Sure it might be tied with a skill that will allow you to be better at it and yes you can get good score in the archery mini game but still its well annoying.

Other then that the game looks ok it looks even better when you start to use the console to fix some of the issues.
Better shadows, more draw distance, higher fov, no motion blurr.

But there is not much to comment as its a alpha with no content and most of the features missing.
I also tried lots of commands to see if i could start 3rd person but none of them work :(

There is also some issues with how shadows are drawn and that if you look at some places shadows behind you wont be rendered.
I have heard that some people complain about the run speed and i think its a good overall speed if you have cloth i do however hope that the runspeed will be slower if you are in heavy plate or maybe drain more stamina.

But we will see in 2-3 months i guess.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Archery have a problem with the fact that its... annoying to use. Sure it might be tied with a skill that will allow you to be better at it and yes you can get good score in the archery mini game but still its well annoying.

Other then that the game looks ok it looks even better when you start to use the console to fix some of the issues.
Better shadows, more draw distance, higher fov, no motion blurr.

But there is not much to comment as its a alpha with no content and most of the features missing.
I also tried lots of commands to see if i could start 3rd person but none of them work :(

There is also some issues with how shadows are drawn and that if you look at some places shadows behind you wont be rendered.
I have heard that some people complain about the run speed and i think its a good overall speed if you have cloth i do however hope that the runspeed will be slower if you are in heavy plate or maybe drain more stamina.

But we will see in 2-3 months i guess.

Well, i just wanted to see if there was any indication of the combat or gameplay being shit, however small.

But i guess alpha gonna alpha. So back to waiting.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

The game actually looks beautiful, so no.
Gamebryo doesn't look as bad as it feels/plays. That is to say, the action/combat is ass (in Gamebryo).

I don't really know whether the engine is truly shit or not but all Bethesda games aren't particularly good to look at, particularly when you are actually playing them. Skyrim for instance doesn't look bad in screenshots but in game things don't really look as good. And Skyrim is the first time they actually put an effort to improve themselves. Fallout 3 and Oblivion are almost offensive to look at, and alas i think New Vegas suffered because of that.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well, i just wanted to see if there was any indication of the combat or gameplay being shit, however small.

But i guess alpha gonna alpha. So back to waiting.
Yeah there is no real content more like a tech demo or proof of concept. I guess it might be possible to find some way to add weapons to the game (if there is any) by using the console but i dont know the item names or if it would even work even if you found a way to add the weapon.

Drax

Arcane

The game actually looks beautiful, so no.
Gamebryo doesn't look as bad as it feels/plays. That is to say, the action/combat is ass (in Gamebryo).

I don't really know whether the engine is truly shit or not but all Bethesda games aren't particularly good to look at, particularly when you are actually playing them. Skyrim for instance doesn't look bad in screenshots but in game things don't really look as good. And Skyrim is the first time they actually put an effort to improve themselves. Fallout 3 and Oblivion are almost offensive to look at, and alas i think New Vegas suffered because of that.

The problem with Bethesda (apart from evident retardation and greediness) is that since Morrowind they develop games with the certainty that mods will fix it. Gamebryo games are the golden example of that phrase.
A moderately modded Skyrim can actually take advantage of the engine's capabilities and look good, although it will probably never reach CryEngine levels of detail as Gamebryo is, precisely, designed as a mod-running toolkit and CryEngine is designed to look utterly cool.

Fallout's and Oblivion's version of the Gamebryo engine had the capability of delivering acceptable visuals at the time they were released as, again, modders have shown.
Sadly the development teams of those games weren't able to take advantage of those capabilities.
(Obviously FO3 and Ob would have sucked anyway, as those game's problems were way worse than ugly-graphics)

Robert Jarzebina

Game visuals are great but there is no way they will deliver all things promised from trailer in one year from now. Even if they will deliver there is huge chance that gameplay will be boring, extremely bugged.

As a gamedev with a little experience I expect this game will hit a massive concept change or content cut very soon.

The best thing they could do would be to leave this open world Skyrim RPG bullshit and to create a something like Medieval Operation Flashpoint with just one big campaign and cool variety of interesting missions.

Right now devs are stepping on thin ice with overambitious concept, high visuals quality bar and everything is going into massive closterfuck direction since one year from release date they don't have a fundamental gameplay vertical slice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonorai

Novice
It would be a serious waste of all that worldbuilding to have the game be a single campaign instead of an open setting.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Game visuals are great but there is no way they will deliver all things promised from trailer in one year from now. Even if they will deliver there is huge chance that gameplay will be boring, extremely bugged.

The game has been in development in 3 or 4 years already. From what I understand huge chunks of the game are finished. It's not like all they have got is the tiny tech slice with the village. That said it's more likely than not the relase will be postponed by few months.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The game has been in development in 3 or 4 years already. From what I understand huge chunks of the game are finished. It's not like all they have got is the tiny tech slice with the village. That said it's more likely than not the relase will be postponed by few months.
If they had more stuff implemented why didn't they show it now? Because the only thing that feels even remotely on mark are the graphics.

Dialogues, movement, world interaction, combat(still not in), all seem like they need massive amounts of work

Xzar

Augur
Is this game takes place entirely in this village they're showing us for a year alredy? Bloody time to show other locations.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If they had more stuff implemented why didn't they show it now? Because the only thing that feels even remotely on mark are the graphics.

Dialogues, movement, world interaction, combat(still not in), all seem like they need massive amounts of work
Vavra stated in one of the recent videos/streams (maybe it was even the last one linked here?) they didn't want to do the alpha the standard way - releasing the whole game that's a constantly crashing buggy mess - and instead opted for a slice, still unfinished but with bugs reduced to minimum. Afaik all the basics - the world, the AI, the dialogues, the combat - are more or less done, they just need a lot of balancing and polish. That's what the next year will be all about, I guess.

Btw, I admit, I enjoy following the development process more than I'm probably gonna enjoy the game itself. :smug:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Also, I think after the KS that the dev team grew considerably. The work done by a small team in a few years can be equalled by a much larger team in a single year.

Though I don't think the world, ai, quests etc are all but done, as another poster stated, given that they were talking about writing design docs not two months ago.

Paul_cz

Arcane
They have a lot more work finished than what is available in alpha, but even then I am prepared to expect Q2 2016 release. The game is crazy ambitious and Dan will not want to scale it down. And Bakala is probably going to be fine with it anyway.

Cadmus

Arcane

As a gamedev with a little experience I expect this game will hit a massive concept change or content cut very soon.

The best thing they could do would be to leave this open world Skyrim RPG bullshit and to create a something like Medieval Operation Flashpoint with just one big campaign and cool variety of interesting missions.

Right now devs are stepping on thin ice with overambitious concept, high visuals quality bar and everything is going into massive closterfuck direction since one year from release date they don't have a fundamental gameplay vertical slice.
Vavra and the other guys are good at things like authenticity, atmosphere, innovative gameplay mechanics and notable for creating a world to support the vision of what they want to present.

Look at the fucking Mafia. There's a whole city modeled for that game on par with GTA minus shitty flashing pickup bonuses. They don't do the big city for the big city but because they need to give the game the feeling of scope it should have. That's absolutely amazing and totally worth it. Look at Operation Flashpoint. There's 323928392 gazillions square miles of islands to support the story missions. You're never once asked to go around and explore and maybe find some quests. The world is there because the game feels better if you have the world. You use it to provide your linear scripted quests with emergent gameplay, to give the player systematic options instead to boast about how vast it is.

Vavra and the Warhorse team worked on fucking timeless classics like Operation Flashpoint, Mafia and Hidden and Dangerous. These games always broke the rules and relied on authenticity and world building and detail BECAUSE the story worked better if they were there.

Imo it's not about being the next Skyram kilar.

Darkzone

Arcane
Q2 2016 sounds realistic in the scope of the ambitions for the game.
I have to say that it looks far better than i have expected. The amount of visual realism like the forest is extreme. I like the wind, but a more smooth function would be better, and i would love to see other weather conditions.
I don't think that KCD will beat Skyrim in the amount of sold games, but in every other good aspect it surely will.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Vavra and the other guys are good at things like authenticity, atmosphere, innovative gameplay mechanics and notable for creating a world to support the vision of what they want to present.

Look at the fucking Mafia. There's a whole city modeled for that game on par with GTA minus shitty flashing pickup bonuses. They don't do the big city for the big city but because they need to give the game the feeling of scope it should have. That's absolutely amazing and totally worth it. Look at Operation Flashpoint. There's 323928392 gazillions square miles of islands to support the story missions. You're never once asked to go around and explore and maybe find some quests. The world is there because the game feels better if you have the world. You use it to provide your linear scripted quests with emergent gameplay, to give the player systematic options instead to boast about how vast it is.

Vavra and the Warhorse team worked on fucking timeless classics like Operation Flashpoint, Mafia and Hidden and Dangerous. These games always broke the rules and relied on authenticity and world building and detail BECAUSE the story worked better if they were there.

Imo it's not about being the next Skyram kilar.

I was on board for a Skyrim killer initially, but this sounds a lot better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom