Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

agris

Arcane
Patron
I'd love to hear more about the actual skill system, abilities and mechanics in general, in addition to the team's approach to narrative and quest design, rather than mocap and sweet FX.

Paul_cz

Arcane

agris

Arcane
Patron
That's not a great reply, since Warhorse selects what material to write in English and distribute via their updates. Thanks for the links though, maybe I can find an ENG transcript. My RU sucks, and CZ is nonexistant.

Paul_cz

Arcane
That's not a great reply, since Warhorse selects what material to write in English and distribute via their updates.
I don't understand what you mean by this. There is no connection between these lectures and Warhorse updates. When these lectures were done the game was not even revealed yet. They are not really marketing material.

It is still around 14 months from release, I am sure there will be plenty info about what you want to know released in english before it comes out.

agris

Arcane
Patron
What I mean is that the update content indicates their priorities. To my eye, it has been more flash and FX than real content.

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Why is there so much hype for this on the Codex?? Seems like another damn hiking sim to me... or am i missing somethinhg. From the video i see that its also a cooking sim so maybe my mom can play it too. Because they sure got their market covered...

"No. We had a strong playable female character before all this started. We have gay characters in the game, and we have different minorities in the game, because all I want is to have a mature, strong story. A story that I wanted to tell for years, and I am not going to change it because of outside pressure."

Well at least it will have a MATURE story now thats important. Oh i wonder what wonderfull new things mr Vavra is going to tell me with his newfound permission fredom to speak... I bet thy will criticize the goverement or something. Thats popular today. "The goverement should rule us better!" thats my favorite criticism of the government. Mmmmmmm i cant wait actually now i am seriosly gonna reconsider torrenting this when it comes out. Keep it up Mr Varva! For FREDOM!!! Hike hike hooray!:salute:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Why is there so much hype for this on the Codex?? Seems like another damn hiking sim to me... or am i missing somethinhg. From the video i see that its also a cooking sim so maybe my mom can play it too. Because they sure got their market covered...

"No. We had a strong playable female character before all this started. We have gay characters in the game, and we have different minorities in the game, because all I want is to have a mature, strong story. A story that I wanted to tell for years, and I am not going to change it because of outside pressure."

Well at least it will have a MATURE story now thats important. Oh i wonder what wonderfull new things mr Vavra is going to tell me with his newfound permission fredom to speak... I bet thy will criticize the goverement or something. Thats popular today. "The goverement should rule us better!" thats my favorite criticism of the government. Mmmmmmm i cant wait actually now i am seriosly gonna reconsider torrenting this when it comes out. Keep it up Mr Varva! For FREDOM!!! Hike hike hooray!:salute:

Well at least that nickname fits.

What I mean is that the update content indicates their priorities. To my eye, it has been more flash and FX than real content.

If by real content you mean stuff like quests/story, I think that kind of thing will be shown much closer to release. 14 months is a long time.
Obviously I would love to see everything right now too, but I think they are very much in the "thick of it" and are writing and designing that stuff right now.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Is this an actual quote?

I'm not sure it is a good idea to look for good story faggotry in a game like this. Hiking simulators have their place, and to be fair the Crymore Engine looks pretty fucking good when it isn't being used by Crytek. Star Citizen too, now that i think of it.

We know too little about this game to really have an opinion one way or another. Realistic medieval setting is a plus of course, since that seems to be a rare thing in games.

Perkel

Arcane
I think biggest unknown is gameplay. Aside from minigames, nebulous realistic sword fighting therm and vision in kickstarter of starting as blacksmith to and becoming tool for something grand there is literally no information beside it.

I am yet to anything related to actual progression, NPC relations, factions and so on.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think biggest unknown is gameplay. Aside from minigames, nebulous realistic sword fighting therm and vision in kickstarter of starting as blacksmith to and becoming tool for something grand there is literally no information beside it.

I am yet to anything related to actual progression, NPC relations, factions and so on.
From what I've heard from the linked Vavra's presentations I don't expect anything super revolutionary mechanics-wise. It's almost certain the game will be non-linear, standard quests with multiple solutions and sophisticated NPC behaviour. And it's probably not gonna be combat heavy which means you're gonna be earning most of your XP through quests and by using skills like alchemy and blacksmithing.

Darkzone

Arcane
Strong playable Female character: The miller's daughter. They are always gay (not Homosexuel) openhearted and big breasted.
Gay character: It is always the catholic priest. (Fuck. Even Leonardo has been homosexuel.)
Minorities: Poles, Germans, Jews, Hungarians, Cumans and Gypsies. (Perhaps Romanians and Serbs could be even there.)
So yes your chances of being robbed or that your goods are stolen is quite high, also that some people will burn at the stakes. Yes just like in the good old times, where men were men, women were women and fires were lit to praise the lord: "In the name of Jesus. Burn you offspring of Satan. Hallelujah!"

I do not see any problem with the statement made by Dan. There has been no hypocrisy detected in his statement.

From what I've heard from the linked Vavra's presentations I don't expect anything super revolutionary mechanics-wise. It's almost certain the game will be non-linear, standard quests with multiple solutions and sophisticated NPC behaviour. And it's probably not gonna be combat heavy which means you're gonna be earning most of your XP through quests and by using skills like alchemy and blacksmithing.
There will be the battle of tannenberg in the game, but i don't know in which act.

Last edited:

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Well sorry if i was shitposting guys:cry:... i have a lot of free time now because well recently i got fired so now i can play videogames all day long and post stuff on the internet about it. Lucky me. So i post here becasue i really have nothing better to do right now and i have somekinda interest in RPGs... Okay?:hug:

Now maybe i was kindof a dick but... First the guy has this attitude. Like hes somekinda freedom fighter. But their finnanced by acording to Forbes 595. richest man on the planet. So yeah... Then he sais "It’s a witch hunt and it’s affecting my artistic freedom." I mean they are working in the ENTERTAINMENT industry for one... Not the "art" industry. I mean... I dont even know what art is. Those things that rich people buy? I dont know.
I do know what INDUSTRY is and it doesnt include me or anyone else on this forum like in his deffinition of gaming industry... Millions of players are NOT the industry okay. Also bunch of other stuff in that article is well WRONG. So i was kinda pissed. I guess it was my working class resentment talking... But whatever.

SECOND i think we can safely conclude that KCD is fundamentaly shit right now.

Because there is something about these types of games that is just off... I mean i guess ARMA is okay if your a gun nut or something but also because it has GUNS. And for guns you just point and pull the trigger. But for swordfighting and shit sorry but i wanna see some fancy animations in THIRD person. Its just not logical to make sucha game in FP and i dont like illogical things... And i just really HATE this simulation crap. I always feel like a goddamn tourist when i play one of these and i also hate tourists.

Now after a bit of reading the game DOES have some cool elements but ultimately it will be shit. Its just fundamentaly based on wrong principles. Like this “authenticity is everything” philosophy they talk about... So you have to cook for real and use that sand watch or walk for a kilometer to a place? How is that fun. Btw Gotthic games for example did all this way back but they correctly removed all the borring parts so when you cook something THE POINT is that you
1.found some MEAT by killing an animal or whatever
2.founda stove or a fireplace esentially FIRE
3.combined the two by CLICKING

Thats it! Because thats what cooking is all about isnt it?

Now years ago i read somewhere that art is somekinda REDUCTION where you basicaly take a thing and reduce it to its most essential elements because this thing it cant really be expressed any other way... Something like that. Like i said i dont know what art is but i kinda dig that definition...

So Pirhana Bytes guys they basicaly captured the essence of COOKING in their games. They reducedd it to its basic elements. MEAT - FIRE - CLICK. Thats cooking.

To me the game that does this kinda thing the BEST is Space Rangers 2 - probably the greatest game ever. Every single thing that you do in the game is - how to say this... PURE ESSENCE EXTRACTION thats a nice scientific term. Like they removed all those unnececerey elements, like in planet landing you dont actually manouver and shit you just click and your there... Because one of the ESSENTIAL parts of "space adventureing" is PLANET LANDING and noone of the other stuff. And thats what you do in the game basicaly all these essentials... Without the unnesentials. Its hard to explain really... Or Kings Bounty probably the second greatest game ever. Its the same thing just the thing being "reduced" is FANTASY instead of SPACE ADVENTURE.

So if Warhouse guys did a space sim it would have this 15 min landing sequence where you push buttons, call command center and shit like that. But none of that is really important, no the important thing is that you LANDED ON THE FUCKING PLANET. I hope that makes sense..

So to me Katauri people are somekinda artists i guess... They know how to squeeze the essence of something and thranslate it into code. Also Pirhana Bytes, Troika, Looking Glass and some others.

But Warhouse they are kinda anti-art arent they... Inestad of reducing theyr adding stuff. They are ENGENIERS really... Technicians or something. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Thats pretty cool actually. But it just isnt what im looking for... Because the thing here is MEDIEVAL ROLEPLAY and when i think medieval well... Its not what i saw in the videos so far.

Now they are GOOD engeniers and you can see that whereas Bethesda for example are very lousy engeniers like REALLY SHIT engeniers.
Bioware are hmmm they arent that bad in some departments but when it comes to COMBAT they take the engeniering aproach to it with RTWP... Like they wanna simulate it FOR REAL instead of like i said extract the most important thing aboutit. Like TEAM WORK... And when i think team work i think: this guy does this, that guy does that, the enemy does this and so on. And the ideal tool for that is simply TB because of the nature of the thing being extracted. Is this making sense??

?????????????????????????????????????????

Other reasons why KCD wll be shit:

Exploration will have no motivation.

For example in Gothic you have a big world and a lot of running but you always had a good reason for running, ussualy because you were being chased by a wild boar or something. Which is a pretty good reason to go from point A to B.

But in KCD your never gonna be chased by a boar... Because that never happend in medeval times so you will just walk around for no reason realy than sightseiing.

Also since its a historic setting and are there no weird shit around so what are you going to find in a forrest? Trees i guess. Thats another problem for exploration.

So like i said KCD is fundamentaly well... S H I T for these fundamental reasons.
Sorry...
But it WILL sell a shitload of copies because there are a lot of people who like this mechanistic aproach. I guess they just have different tastes or whatever. Personaly i think they are just confused but... Whatever.

I hope this was not a shitpost.

Sincerily yours

Goat Pervertor:salute::salute::salute:

Darkzone

Arcane
Goat Perverted
First: Your art definition is wrong, also a definition of this kind would be restricting art itself. And as one or two persons with a much better understanding have said: "Games can be also modern art." Art is also entertainment, like entertainment can be art. If you do not understand this, then every statement about art is nonsense on your part.
Second: You don't know what scientific means. And PURE ESSENCE EXTRACTION is not scientific. Not in chemistry or pharmacy nor in any other department of sciences, where you may encounter something like an essence, and certainly not in art. And if Space Rangers 2 would have such an element you desrcribe it would be also called a space pilot simulation with realistic landings on a planet, and that would then interesting like X-Plane or any more realistic flight simulator. Such an landing requires the right approach vector (speed and angles to the moving / rotating planet), because else you will burn up in an atmosphere or bounce off.
Third: Your entire text is just an excuse for shitposting about a game that you don't know. If you don't want to like then it is good, but then please leave this thread, this kind of trolling is neither smart, nor with wit, therefore not amusing. The alpha will be released around 22 October, then we will know how this mechanism work out for this kind of game. If they are fun and can be often made, or it just gets tedious after a while. Any Hypothesis is only valid if it tested, from this test the derived data from the test is then used to draw a conclusion which updates the hypothesis. If you would have an understanding about this scientific method cycle then you would know that something lacks to give a foundation to your statements.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Darkzone, are you trying to win an argument with GP about who's a bigger retard?
Because it's starting to look as a close race to me.

Angthoron

Arcane
:lol: Another quality poster. Welcome.

I think "someone" breeds them.
10544.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom