Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

PrettyDeadman

How come I had silky smooth 60 fps on all high for 5 hours of uninterrupted play session?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
cvv and leave Makabb alone, he is sometimes not the smartest talker but his taste in gaming is lightyears ahead of yours

bethestard.png

Burning Bridges decline confirmed.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Alright so the secret to winning combat in this game is going to the dude and asking him to teach you chain combos, then executing those combos. Combat goes from struggle street to wow I've got this instantly

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Alright so the secret to winning combat in this game is going to the dude and asking him to teach you chain combos, then executing those combos. Combat goes from struggle street to wow I've got this instantly

wow this game gets worse and worse by every second, you just can't make this stuff up.

The most hyped RPG of recent times turn out to be technical and gameplay garbage, cucked dreams shattered, 1/3 of cuckdex on suicide watch, let the good times roll!

Elex

Arbiter
we are at gothic level of “from paesant to death machine”?

btw the game is pretty clear that you start at zero experience with sword and you can’t expect to be good and kill soldiers and knights.

Elex

Arbiter
so now also kcd is pubblished by THQ?
(THQ acquired deep silver)

maybe that is the reason of gog delay.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok just found this stickied topic on the Steam forum:

It seems that this game really struggles with RAM allocation. If you have 16 or more gb, use the command "-heapsize 2097152" in launch options. If you have 8gb use "-heapsize 1048576". this will allocate ram to be used as a cache for the game. For me it nearly doubled FPS and made it near constant (IE there were little to no lag spikes). Hope this helps!

jfc dont set a cache that''s bigger than about an 1/8th of your overall ram, it'll likely lower FPS rather than increase it.
Can people confirm if this does help indeed or not? I want to know if I should start with it on or not

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
The team started at , made the prototype, went to kickstarter, then 2K closed Prague office, so Warhorse hired around 30 people, then kept hiring throughout the development to current cca 120 people.
Budget closest estimate is 15 million USD.

Interesting when you consider 120 people is approx 15 million dollars a year at 10k per person per month, and the development has many different costs. Personally I reckon that 15 is too conservative and 30 is probably the total spend, although hey voice acting is obviously budget

Dude, the average monthly wage in the Czech Republic is like 1200$. Even if they earned double, it's still a quarter of your estimate.

Sheepherder

Augur
Ok just found this stickied topic on the Steam forum:

It seems that this game really struggles with RAM allocation. If you have 16 or more gb, use the command "-heapsize 2097152" in launch options. If you have 8gb use "-heapsize 1048576". this will allocate ram to be used as a cache for the game. For me it nearly doubled FPS and made it near constant (IE there were little to no lag spikes). Hope this helps!

jfc dont set a cache that''s bigger than about an 1/8th of your overall ram, it'll likely lower FPS rather than increase it.
Can people confirm if this does help indeed or not? I want to know if I should start with it on or not
This does not help with the constant freezing. FPS seems unchanged.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
How the fuck does stealing work?! I grab a bunch of stuff with nobody around, door closed. In the morning a guard catches me in the street fo stealing. How?! This is somewhat frustrating.
He didn't catch you for stealing. You would have a crime icon beside your compass
What happened is that by committing crimes you are raising angriness in the area. Above certain angriness level the guards start doing regular frisks.
The system is now a bit too sensitive, we're tuning it.
Also there's an exploit I discovered last week. If you drop your items before the surrender to frisk you'll be ok. Nobody realized one could do that. It's quite an easy fix and we'll implement a system which would take that into account so enjoy it while it's there.

Oh, ok, that kind of makes sense. (though it'd be nice if the dialogue reflected that - aka: Hey you, let's see if you have something that doesn't belong to you, you look suspicious.

Also - at the time I was the member of the bloody guard (the Nightingale quest), which makes me an odd target for a frisk.
Also - during the same quest, when you go close the tavern, after I "closed" it, I saw a guy was still sitting at the table. So I decided to play some dice with him. I was winning and a guard butted in and fined me for walking without a light after the curfew.
(we were sitting and playing dice under a bloody torch.)
I get it, it's not exactly wrong, but maybe the guy shouldn't be so happy to play dice after dark. :)

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

btw the game is pretty clear that you start at zero experience with sword and you can’t expect to be good and kill soldiers and knights.

Erm no more like woa I can actually win a 2 v 1

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
so now also kcd is pubblished by THQ?
(THQ acquired deep silver)

maybe that is the reason of gog delay.
Deep Silver only did the physical releases of the game, if I recall correctly.

Zer0wing

Cipher
So, why does russian localization have different names, different from english version?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
lol you guys should really just put Makabb on ignore.

Yeah, so what this man tells you is kick Makabb and get your cock sucked four times a day.

No seriously, Infinitron. I find it really not cool hitting a man who is already on the floor. You may laugh now because you assembled an army of consolefags here, but once the remaining coolness is gone from rpgpopamolcodex and you will be the fulltime admin for a completely retarded site, the laugh will go away. The real Bethestards are you and the people who currently "watch" Daniel Vavras great medieval game. Not Makabb who has a pretty decent taste compared to that.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The team started at , made the prototype, went to kickstarter, then 2K closed Prague office, so Warhorse hired around 30 people, then kept hiring throughout the development to current cca 120 people.
Budget closest estimate is 15 million USD.

Interesting when you consider 120 people is approx 15 million dollars a year at 10k per person per month, and the development has many different costs. Personally I reckon that 15 is too conservative and 30 is probably the total spend, although hey voice acting is obviously budget

Dude, the average monthly wage in the Czech Republic is like 1200$. Even if they earned double, it's still a quarter of your estimate.

Indeed... https://www.jobspin.cz/2016/04/sala...-czech-cities-and-various-industries-sectors/

In terms of economy and salaries, the Czech Republic is mostly on par with Portugal, and not even the top programing consultants in Lisbon working for deloitte (i have several friends working as programmers there) earns close to that, and by their words only the inept programmers want to work on software development when consultancy pays so well, has more benefits and way better career progression.

European salaries and game development are nowhere near close to the cost of the US or Canada, unless you work in Germany, England or maybe France.

Elex

Arbiter

Erm no more like woa I can actually win a 2 v 1
that’s not bad, i don’t think you are already at “top level” training.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom