Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by conan_edw, Feb 13, 2018 at 9:01 AM.

1. Doctor Sbaitso SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. Patron

Doctor Sbaitso
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands
    Click here and disable ads!
    The edgelords are out. I am still in what might be described as a honeymoon phase so will refrain for judgement for now.

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Geckabor Educated

Geckabor
    Parrots:
    I've barely done any side quests up till now, I'm really having a lot of fun with the main quest actually. The hunting quest with Hans was really nice, for some reason I am getting attached to these main characters. :incline:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Beowulf Savant

Beowulf
    Parrots:
    I have similar thoughts. So far it is cliché ridden, but those are decent clichés and help to set the atmosphere.

Hell no. I'm not replaying that segment again.
    As for a description how it happened: I just pressed the default X to get on the horse and started pressing directional keys to move the horse around and leave the stall, and it just started levitating. As I couldn't dismount, I somehow managed to align it with its position in the stall, and by pressing "move backward" it just descended to the ground and I was able to ride it normally.

Also +1 for the Save & Quit, will be a godsend, until then I'm going to use that helpfully linked mod whenever I quit.

As for the slow tutorial, I would have been in the camp saying that's too long and unnecessary introduction, but after trying to introduce my non-gaming gf to the Witcher, I can see the advantages of a tutorial gradually introducing mechanics and being more of slow-burner. Now I'm thinking, I should let her try the beginning of KCD and see if she will appreciate it more.

^ Top  
  4. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Every story is derivative, the question is how it is told.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Pretty Liturgist

Pretty
    Parrots:
    It's not a derivative stoyry, its a classical story.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    I don't need to accept anything.
    Maybe you have the luxury of endless time.
    Normal people do not and like to advance in their games while also allowing them to try things just out of curiosity. Which in this game is only possible if you happen to have the save item or directly after an auto save.

Fallout is also a useless comparison as towns are optional there. Good luck having to skip an entire location in KCD (that you need to go to for quests) because of a failed pickpocket attempt.
    And it is not like Dark Souls where you can get your stuff back during the next attempt - even making a gain from it, or learn something useful from defeat.
    There's nothing to be learned from a failed pickpocket attempt.

Pickpocket in general is just a stupid mechanic in games. With reloading, it becomes a walk in the park, without reloading it becomes something nobody without endless time will ever do.
    There is no middle ground that isn't ridiculous.

Lockpicking is much better as it allows you to make sure nobody sees you and can raise alarm even if you fail.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Kyl Von Kull Scholar

Kyl Von Kull
    Parrots:
    Eh, I just took a nap at my bed in the castle during the prologue before trying to learn out how to lockpick. Now I’m going to use my bed in Rattay to save before learning how to pickpocket.

^ Top  
  8. Doctor Sbaitso SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. Patron

Doctor Sbaitso
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands
    That's exactly what I did. Use your bed. I did use schnaps once when I needed to knock a guard out to get keys to the armory.

You can make schaps using alchemy by the way.

^ Top  
  9. Beowulf Savant

Beowulf
    Parrots:
    Just a quick update on that - the characters walk on predefined paths (from what I observed so far) and will indeed bump into you and mumble the same thing as in Witcher (that is something like "hey", "watch it", as if you just bumped into them).

But as a way to prevent them from endlessly blocking your path, they will teleport behind you after brief time of being stuck.
    Although I have not made my mind yet, if it's a bug, or a feature.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Interesting, maybe I became convinced they walk around you because there is a lot more space on the streets in this game, and the players in the videos I've been watching have been avoiding bumping into NPCs. Still, I've hardly seen NPCs bumping into players, more often the player has been bumping into NPCs trying to examine them up close.

BTW, RPS have fixed their 14th century error.

^ Top  
  11. Gaius maximus Scholar

Gaius maximus
    Parrots:
    can you hold a castle and command men in battle?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • No No x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. bylam Funcom Developer

bylam
    Parrots:
    I'm curious, what was the size of the team working on this (during the last 6 months), and roughly the budget of the game?

^ Top  
  13. Doma Savant

Doma
    Parrots:
    It does return. It just takes a VERY long time.

At least that is what happened when I switched from High to Very High.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Deathsquid Educated

Deathsquid
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seeing the mention of bugs in this game, the state of Star Citizen, and the fact that Warhorse took tricks from CIG, I'm surprised it's not far, far worse.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    You can for a short time until that castle guards kill you. And you can command many men.. if you are a high on shrooms.

^ Top  
  16. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    I have spent a few hours yesterday watching multiple streams and game looks like a fun interactive movie. Probably would be better if one can cut out all the interactive parts that are boring and mundane and just leave the movie.

But I can safely say that buying this and for 60$ is pure waste of money and playing this is pure waste of time. I rather play a real game on my PC and watch this movie on twitch on my 2nd screen.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again Tacgnol Arcane Patron

Tacgnol
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I played for a few hours last night. I'm enjoying it.

It has some technical issues, but I'm sure these will be fixed. I'm liking the characters and story (even if a little formulaic), and the combat is getting more fun after getting a bit of training.

As others have said, the game has a lot of cutscenes, but what did anyone expect from the guy that made Mafia?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Hazey Novice

Hazey
    Parrots:
    Not really, it's more story focused, you're looking for Mount and Blade 2.

I believe about 60 people and I read somewhere about $15mil (though not sure on either).

^ Top  
  19. Sheepherder Educated

Sheepherder
    Parrots:
    Anyone else is having a problem where your CPU regularly reaches 100% in towns and freezes for a moment before unfreezing? Wilderness is fine.
    My specs are above recommended, but even if I set everything to low, the problem still persists.

^ Top  
  20. Smejki Warhorse Studios Developer

Smejki
    Parrots:
    It's been proposed internally. I'd welcome it. We'll see.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    Someone said to go into your Physix settings in windows and set that it uses your GPU and not CPU.

^ Top  
  22. Kyl Von Kull Scholar

Kyl Von Kull
    Parrots:
    That’s really just the tutorial/prologue. There’s probably a full feature film in the first few hours, but after that there’s far more gameplay and far fewer cutscenes. It goes from a nearly 50/50 split to more like 95/5 once you get out and can start exploring the world.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Isn't PhysX a NVidia tech that solely relies on GPU and shouldn't task CPU at all?

^ Top  
  24. Sheepherder Educated

Sheepherder
    Parrots:
    Did it just now. I still freeze up every minute or so. Game is fun when it works but towns are fucking infuriating due to the freezes. I think I'll refund it and wait for patches and a sale.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    I watched even after that ends and still it is mostly cutscenes or completely random and mundane wandering and waste of time (note that I don't like these games, I could not even play FNV for long because of too much waste of time between stuff happening; although this game seems to have even less gameplay).

Isometric games don't have such waste and I prefer those.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)