Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw any Steam power users here? How to remove my "KCD Beta Access" item from my Steam library?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Some of this game's quest design is mind-boggling in the sense that it's very easy to break parts of the main quest without even trying.

Take arguably the worst quest in the game, "Restless Spirit", and how it interacts with a late-game main quest.

You can acquire this side quest quite early on in the game. After running a few pointless errands, you get tasked with getting the Necronomicon. The only copy is inside the monastery, and chances are that you've never been there up until that point, since it's an early-game side quest and the monastery visit only comes much later in the main quest. So, you break into the monastery, find the book and finish the quest. While you're in there, you might also pick up a number of other quest items that you can't do anything with. You might also find yourself accidentally activating a wrong object and ending up doing something nonsensical like transcribing books, which is weird but probably doesn't break anything. So far, so good.

Later on the main quest takes you into the monastery, and you find that things are kind of weird because of your previous visit. You're tasked with finding a way of opening the cabinet of forbidden books, even though the door is wide open since you already opened it when getting the Necronomicon. One character claims to be reading the book at nights, by the way. Nobody reacts to the cabinet door being open in any way, not even the quest journal. Actually, there's a number of quests that involve the cabinet and its contents, and chances are that you ruined all of them before you even knew they existed. Avicenna's book, you say? Sure, I read that thing weeks ago, but Henry acts like he's never heard of it.

All of your items are confiscated upon entering the monastery, so you need to acquire some equipment (money, lockpicks, weapons) to get around. Another big part of the monastery quest line is getting out of there, since the place is essentially a prison. You need to somehow pick the lock or acquire a key. But guess what? When breaking into the place, you picked the lock on one of the doors and left the door open, and nobody bothered to close it, even though it might've been weeks ago in in-game time. You can just walk in and out right from the start, go pick up all your weapons and lockpicks and other gear if you want to and then come back in armed to the teeth. Again, the quest is pretty much ruined.

It's just weird design. I mean, the sensible thing would've been to lock up the monastery for good until the main quest takes you there. Let the player start from a clean slate, with everything where it needs to be. I don't think anyone would've had any real complaints.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Some of this game's quest design is mind-boggling in the sense that it's very easy to break parts of the main quest without even trying.

Take arguably the worst quest in the game, "Restless Spirit", and how it interacts with a late-game main quest.

You can acquire this side quest quite early on in the game. After running a few pointless errands, you get tasked with getting the Necronomicon. The only copy is inside the monastery, and chances are that you've never been there up until that point, since it's an early-game side quest and the monastery visit only comes much later in the main quest. So, you break into the monastery, find the book and finish the quest. While you're in there, you might also pick up a number of other quest items that you can't do anything with. You might also find yourself accidentally activating a wrong object and ending up doing something nonsensical like transcribing books, which is weird but probably doesn't break anything. So far, so good.

Later on the main quest takes you into the monastery, and you find that things are kind of weird because of your previous visit. You're tasked with finding a way of opening the cabinet of forbidden books, even though the door is wide open since you already opened it when getting the Necronomicon. One character claims to be reading the book at nights, by the way. Nobody reacts to the cabinet door being open in any way, not even the quest journal. Actually, there's a number of quests that involves the cabinet and its contents, and chances are that you ruined all of them before you even knew they existed. Avicenna's book, you say? Sure, I read that thing weeks ago, but Henry acts like he's never heard of it.

All of your items are confiscated upon entering the monastery, so you need to acquire some equipment (money, lockpicks, weapons) to get around. Another big part of the monastery quest line is getting out of there, since the place is essentially a prison. You need to somehow pick the lock or acquire a key. But guess what? When breaking into the place, you picked the lock on one of the doors and left the door open, and nobody bothered to close it, even though it might've been weeks ago in in-game time. You can just walk in and out right from the start, go pick up all your weapons and lockpicks and other gear if you want to and then come back in armed to the teeth. Again, the quest is pretty much ruined.

It's just weird design. I mean, the sensible thing would've been to lock up the monastery for good until the main quest takes you there. Let the player start from a clean slate, with everything where it needs to be. I don't think anyone would've had any real complaints.

Yeah this shit ruined the monastery for me, made me rush out of it as soon as possible.

This makes me question: Do they even have 1 good QA tester? Or they were aware of this obvious bugs and didn't have time/resources to fix them? If its the former they'd better hire me, I can do a fucking good job testing this shit :P

Paul_cz

Arcane

Later on the main quest takes you into the monastery, and you find that things are kind of weird because of your previous visit. You're tasked with finding a way of opening the cabinet of forbidden books, even though the door is wide open since you already opened it when getting the Necronomicon. One character claims to be reading the book at nights, by the way. Nobody reacts to the cabinet door being open in any way, not even the quest journal. Actually, there's a number of quests that involve the cabinet and its contents, and chances are that you ruined all of them before you even knew they existed. Avicenna's book, you say? Sure, I read that thing weeks ago, but Henry acts like he's never heard of it.

That is interesting. I forwarded it to their QA guy, curious if he responds.

Btw any Steam power users here? How to remove my "KCD Beta Access" item from my Steam library?

Personally I am glad I still have access to it. It features denser forests so as a hiking sim it is still superior :p

Divinity: Original Sin
Well, a thumbs down doesn't mean hate. It means the guy does not recommend or endorse. Maybe he liked the game but it brought ruin to his real life...

Paul_cz

Arcane

The QA guy replied that he forwarded this to the responsible people (I assume designers of these two quests). So hopefully this will get fixed too.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

go to https://help.steampowered.com/en/ click "games, software, etc." select the game you want to delete then select "I want to permanently remove this game from my account"

edit: and yes there is a way to put time on a game without running it, through a dummy file and using the appid of the game.. it's how card idlers are able to function.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fun fact - I've posted a ticket on the Steam Support about me wanting to remove the Beta item from my Library, describing my problem in great detail. The answer?

"If you want to uninstall the game do the following:
- Right click on your game in the library
- Press uninstall
- Confirm.

Thank you for using Steam."

I hope Steam pays these professionals well. They bring great value to the company.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Weird, when I wanted them to remove some duplicate entries (Batman nonGOTY when I had GOTY, some betas), they did it quickly and understood what I wanted right away.

passerby

Arcane
If you got a separate key for the beta and final release, then you can go steam -> help -> steam support -> games, software, etc. -> search, choose kingdom come beta -> I want to permanently remove the game from my account

But if it was a single steam item purchase, or a single key, then you can't remove beta without also removing game proper.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Poor Indians are pasting answers from a script.doc file to you :)

I teach you how to remove your game

now show bob vegana

consul-gandhi-of-india-helo-beatiful-send-vegana-open-bob-youll-pay-for-this-in-time-very-wel-T29aP.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom