Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I did used unlimited save early because it was prone to crashing but after the last 2-3 patches i went several hour withojt crash or bugs i uninstalled the mod.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Dan Vavra will do a retrospective talk at upcoming game conference in Croatia: http://www.rebootdevelop.hr/RebootDevelop2018_Schedule_prefinal.pdf

Friday, 20th of April - 16:00-17:00
Kingdom Come: Deliverance: Post Mortem (Design)

Dan Vavra, Warhorse Studios

Rejoice. This talk is in livestreame schedule: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...boot-develops-best-talks-on-gamesindustry-biz

Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rebootdevelop

But note that the time has changed:

Thursday April 19

17.30 - Kingdom Come: Deliverance Post-Mortem - Dan Vavra, Warhorse Studios

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I finished the game yesterday, in 123 hours. It's not that the game is bad, but it's not spectacular either. 7/10 may be a fair score.

I found dozens of bugs in the game and at least two fairly serious bugs that prevented me from completing a quest. It's past the time for WH to resolve the serious bugs.

Some things bothered me a lot and are historically inaccurate, like the absence of crossbows (and instead have bows), clothes, etc.

Some completely stupid quests like the Sheba sword (seriously, WH?) do not make sense at all and another serious problem is that the game makes it much easier to access cash and high-value items. I finished the game with more than 140k in cash, without making much effort. Oh, the skill trees are also a joke.

There is a long way until they solve all the problems of the game, but, hey, until KCD2 launch there is plenty of time for them to work on it.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The audio is the worst ever, but it is a good overview of development and he goes into the shitstorm there at the end too, which is always fun.

Abhay

Augur
Okay, so how long do I have to wait for the RPG Codex review of this masterpiece called KCD?

I think it's taking too long now.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I would like to see bubbles review but I would prefer if he waited for version with all patches/dlcs.

agris

Arcane
Patron
i will be happy when in-game gamma settings don't persist on your desktop until you restart your computer.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I'm nearing the endgame and getting some serious KOTOR2 vibes. It's like they had all these ideas for epic quests but had no time to implement them properly, so what you get are these short, half-assed sequences that are clumsily connected to each other with cutscenes and weird time jumps with no sense of pacing. There are some potentially great parts that are ruined because there's no proper build-up to them, they end abruptly or awkwardly, or they're so thoroughly and transparently scripted that you feel like you're riding a rollercoaster that could fall apart at any moment.

Bug fixes aren't enough. I really want that Enhanced Edition.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bug fixes aren't enough. I really want that Enhanced Edition.

IIRC Vavra said a few weeks ago he wants a DC edition too and plans to do something special with it. I don't see it coming sooner than in a year or so tho.

They should go for it. They have a rough diamond of a game in their hands and it doesn't take that much polishing to turn it onto a genuine Tiffany Yellow.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There are still a lot of bugs. Tons in the main quest, actually.
Even when starting new game with fresh configuration files? I would expect bugs to remain with old savegames.

https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/c/bugs

I got two pretty serious bugs in the main quest and countless others not gamebreaking. The game, the way it is now, is broken. Like bethesda games, modders are fixing it, but WH should do that. More than 2 months now.

TT1

Arcane
Patron

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I finished the game back in 1.2 without any major issues. Guess I just got lucky as well.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I played about 30 hours right after the launch without any bugs at all, except the occasional collision glitches. Didn't get too far in the main quest tho, just pootling around.

Paul_cz

Arcane
1.4.3 is out. Hopefully this one fixes most of the remaining issues without causing new ones. They are already working on 1.5 though. I am gonna wait for the final version, whatever it is.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
1.4.3 is out. Hopefully this one fixes most of the remaining issues without causing new ones. They are already working on 1.5 though. I am gonna wait for the final version, whatever it is.

Yep, metoo. Probably gonna wait for the DLCs so my first playthrough is perfect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom