Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Shadenuat

Arcane
You fucking for real? You wanna babble out who is the murderer too? Jesus Christ dude, the game is barely a week old.
Great job quoting the whole thing :lol:

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been thinking about 'limited saves' aspect.
It *does* make the game more fun in the long run (CTDs notwithstanding), but they really dropped the ball on implementation.
'Saviour schnapps'? Fucking really? It is DUMB and there is no denying that.

I propose a different system:
Press F5 and Henry knees, offering a brief prayer to the God, and your game as saved as it is completed.

1. It is extremely in-character. Being a pious lad, Henry SHOULD be praying frequently, especially after, say, narrowly escaping death after clearing a bandit camp.
2. It will prevent cheese with saving after each step by requiring a bit of time, generating some noise and opening you to attack (so no saving midbattle or during lockpicking/pickpocketing)
3. It puts the 'save' in "Jesus saves".

Hopefully devs still reading this.

That is quite neat. Hard mode would be going to church or better yet having to go to the confessional.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
LOD and texture quality is absolutely garbage on PS4. It's fucking unexcusable, honestly. I gave them those 60€ because I like to put money where my mouth is, but Jesus fucking Christ, the graphics are fucking PS3.
I told you to wait until they sorted out the issues. Be glad you have a PS4 rather than XOne since XOne has up to 6 less FPS in crowded areas.
How does the game run this bad to begin with? Lack of CPU power? Bullshit, I doubt 12 NPCs in their idle animation who have simpler schedules than Oblivion consisting of wake up, dress up, wash, walk to their preset location and scream about fresh bread for 10 hours a day at their market stall would use that much power.

Elex

Arbiter
Alright now, get off your high horses, KFC is far from being super realistic, alot of busy LARPing is still on player's behalf.
And it's a good thing

Hardcore Henry is so hardcore, he can live weeks without sleep by overcoming fatigue with mead and booze, eat rotten meat like a python and heal with antivenom at the same moment. Any sorts of injuries could be healed with an apple or a few hours of sleep. Due to inventory not being fucking GRID-BASED (which less realistic and LARP-y STALKER has), player character can carry a cart of wine, a dozen of gambesons and a hundredweight of meat and walk just as normal.

A mere son of blacksmith has nice minute-precision watch, a nice GPS device marking every quest-related person, an encyclopedia that updates in real time and narrates about stuff only yet to happen in future.

NPC AI and behavior packages are not very convincing. All village idiots wash themselves in the same exact basin, which usually stands right under the sun all day, despite that the water is still always fresh all day, like taken from a spring, yet no one bothers to replenish these basins. No one uses toilets, everyone sleeps and spends their time where they like (like in a room player might rented to sleep in or to sit down right before a fresh corpse to chew some bread or to knit a sock for a grandchild). Peasants lazily get up at 8-9 AM and waddly have snacks and go on a field to bash a dried ground with a hoe and then culturally rest in the local tavern until late at night. Urban artisans are even better, they open their stores stricly 10 AM up until 10 PM, no second early, no second later. No one is bothered by a crawling thug in deep night, who previously unlocked all chests and all doors, only ask politely to leave. Not even run away to partolling guards to report or try to kick Henry out themselves. Enemies can't see past a few meter long radius, don't get too much bothered by whistling arrows.

Traders have more gold worth than their stock, their store and ground they own yet accept any kind of crap you'd gladly throw at them trying to sell, in any quantities. Anything from potted pants, rotten meat and cabbage, or a lord's family sword from castle next door.

Horse can breeze through forests no problem with a speed of a tuned muscle car yet can't wrinkle a small bush, teleports everywhere like a Warcraft mage and climbs mountains at an angle of 60-70 degrees on full speed. Saddlebag are accessible even when hoofed friend parked at nearby village a few miles away.

And yet there are potions that turns Henry into a walking fortress or transform rotten grub in fresh foods. And magic books, which after reading suddenly gives you strength or vitality. And multidimensional chests, the contents of which are available from anywhere in the world. Yet you can't equip a shield from your back or put on a helmet in a battle duel. Unrealistic, I guess. :M
maybe henry is secretly jesus 2 the return, it’s obvious: the title is “kingdom come”

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
In Dragon Quest the only place you can save is a church.. it's also the only place to see how much EXP you currently have.

People have been playing and loving DQ since 1986, so why are people ass-blasted about KCD's much more generous save system?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
In Dragon Quest the only place you can save is a church.. it's also the only place to see how much EXP you currently have.

People have been playing and loving DQ since 1986, so why are people ass-blasted about KCD's much more generous save system?
because people are stupid

I'm supposed to drain the baddies stamina if I want to pull conbos? Against strong guys more often than not they counter my moves, spoiling the conbos, and the weaker ones just die in one strike. Is not that I cant murder the fuck out of any enemy camp on my own, but flashy moves aren't exactly practical so far.

Any way, this game is the best shit ever since Grimoire and will stay that way at least until Friday.

Paul_cz

Arcane
LOD and texture quality is absolutely garbage on PS4. It's fucking unexcusable, honestly. I gave them those 60€ because I like to put money where my mouth is, but Jesus fucking Christ, the graphics are fucking PS3.
I told you to wait until they sorted out the issues. Be glad you have a PS4 rather than XOne since XOne has up to 6 less FPS in crowded areas.
How does the game run this bad to begin with? Lack of CPU power? Bullshit, I doubt 12 NPCs in their idle animation who have simpler schedules than Oblivion consisting of wake up, dress up, wash, walk to their preset location and scream about fresh bread for 10 hours a day at their market stall would use that much power.

Afaik there are around 2300 AI entities simulated at all times, and yeah it hammers those console CPUs hard. I mean they are very old tablet CPUs with very low frequency. I hope next generation uses some decent Ryzens at least.

Mortmal

Arcane

DQ allow save while quitting, and never crash, While KC can waste hours of gameplay , you could get stuck in the landscape , die from falling or get stuck in a tree and waste hours . To be fair DQ is also boring as fuck and not a model of gaming to follow....

jungl

Augur
2300 ai entities? HUH the ai is dumb as rocks. All the npcs have a psychic hivemind. If you murder someone in the middle of the night in town. Everyone in the town feels his passing into the ether. You suffer a reputation hit and the following morning a fellow psychic oblivion guard knows it was you that murdered him.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

Afaik there are around 2300 AI entities simulated at all times, and yeah it hammers those console CPUs hard. I mean they are very old tablet CPUs with very low frequency. I hope next generation uses some decent Ryzens at least.
They aren't tablet CPUs, they are just a older low power design by AMD.
OT but I wonder when the next console generation will drop, the current hardware is decent enough, not great but it will do for now. It could potentially just be new hardware but play all the same games as the last generation, just at higher FPS and fidelty since the basic PC hardware in the current consoles aside from Nintendo does allow for that.

Tigranes

Arcane
Has anyone actually wasted "Hours" of gameplay? I mean what the hell are you doing for, like, 3 or 4 hours, if you are never advancing any major quest (which gives you a save) or sleeping (which gives you a save)?

Save & quit is obviously needed, who knows why it's taking them so long.

Elex

Arbiter
u4rxn21osjh01.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It should be in the book next to alchemist table by default, look at it and press E to read it closer. But the recipe should be wine, nettles in the pot, boil one hourglass turn, grind up 2 Belladonna and boil 2 hourglass turns and finish. Surf Solar

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyone kow where I can find the recipe for the saviour schnaps?

I think you know it by default. Just go to an alchemy tab and start cooking.

The game has sold over 1 million copies.

I was a naive. No wait, what's the opposite of naive?

Who's up for a spot of gambling?

My moneyz say KCD will sell a million copies in the next quarter year, all platforms.

Thank you, THANK YOU anonymous historian of black people in Medieval Europe who wrote that article 3 years ago. Warhorse made a billion Czech crowns in a week thanks to you. Black people are the best!

Arulan

Cipher
Has anyone actually wasted "Hours" of gameplay? I mean what the hell are you doing for, like, 3 or 4 hours, if you are never advancing any major quest (which gives you a save) or sleeping (which gives you a save)?

Save & quit is obviously needed, who knows why it's taking them so long.

There are certainly times where you can go for a stretch without a save. I arrived at Uchitz fairly late in the evening, and before I knew it, the inn had closed up, and I was left without a bed. I proceeded to get myself good and drunk, and stumble around the town until dawn.

That said, the save system has worked out fine for me. You can always chug a bottle of Saviour Schnapps if you haven't saved in a while.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Pissing off SJWs and libtards seems to be a sure fire way to make your game sell very well. :D

The thing is that what really matters most is positive social change - we need games that the average player will be able to relate to and that any player will have their understanding of the cultures of the world enriched by much more than we need games that stick as strictly as possible to so and so historical factoid. Especially with demographics now radically changing for the better in a lot of nations that historically had a disproportionate amount of whites within their populations in our world, I think it's really time to say that no longer do we need to have this disproportionate amount of whites appearing in the worlds we invent on top of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom