Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Deleted member 7219

It is unbelievably racist for Warhorse not to showcase black people in this game, when everybody knows in Medieval times black people made up the majority in Europe.

It is also disgusting that all the strong, fighting roles have been given to men. Everybody knows women did most of the fighting back then. Men were inside making the food and bringing up the children.

Also, why the fuck does everyone look cisgendered? Where the fuck is the trans representation?

This is the epitome of the 21st century westernised rape culture, misogyny, transphobia and cisgendered bias. I shouldn't be surprised given the head of Warhorse is a cisgendered neckbearded straight man. People like him shouldn't be allowed to make video games. Only people who score the lowest possible points on the privilege test should get to make forms of entertainment. I am shaking so hard right now.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It is unbelievably racist for Warhorse not to showcase black people in this game, when everybody knows in Medieval times black people made up the majority in Europe.

It is also disgusting that all the strong, fighting roles have been given to men. Everybody knows women did most of the fighting back then. Men were inside making the food and bringing up the children.

Also, why the fuck does everyone look cisgendered? Where the fuck is the trans representation?

This is the epitome of the 21st century westernised rape culture, misogyny, transphobia and cisgendered bias. I shouldn't be surprised given the head of Warhorse is a cisgendered neckbearded straight man. People like him shouldn't be allowed to make video games. Only people who score the lowest possible points on the privilege test should get to make forms of entertainment. I am shaking so hard right now.

trigger codex with a statement thread is this way ------->

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Better than no GOG release, or release with year delay.
No, it's not better... The last white man in Central Europe, purveyor of fine beer, breeder of chav dog breeds, defender of the faith and an all-around hard motherfucker... Is nothing but a sell out?

Delaying the gog release because someone told him to? Did he bitch out? Was it his idea?

This guy is only releasing the game as is because of backers, then turns around and calls them all pirates by delaying the DRM free version.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
No, it's not better... The last white man in Central Europe, purveyor of fine beer, breeder of chav dog breeds, defender of the faith and an all-around hard motherfucker... Is nothing but a sell put?

Delaying the gog release because someone told him to? Did he bitch out? Was it his idea?

This guy is only releasing the game as is because of backers, then turns around and calls them all pirates by delaying the DRM free version.
Steam version doesn't have Denuvo. Not even clear if it has any DRM at all you stupid faggot.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
No, it's not better... The last white man in Central Europe, purveyor of fine beer, breeder of chav dog breeds, defender of the faith and an all-around hard motherfucker... Is nothing but a sell put?

This would be insta day 1 gog purchase for me.... now... not so sure....... TO THE WALLS BROTHERS

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Steam version doesn't have Denuvo. Not even clear if it has any DRM at all you stupid faggot.

Someone tell him that Steam is a DRM in itself.

Sentinel

Arcane

Someone tell this mong that Steam is different from Steamworks and as such there are DRM-free games on Steam.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Someone tell this mong that Steam is different from Steamworks and as such there are DRM-free games on Steam.

:retarded:

Sentinel

Arcane

:retarded:
Here bro I got you: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_DRM-Free_Games_on_Steam
Additional info: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/auth
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/drm

Additional distinction for retards: Steam is a digital distribution platform. Steamworks is the toolset that includes the DRM (that has been cracked for 10 years). Steamworks is optional.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

It's Vávra we are talking about.

It's also guy that could hire me as consultant and save some tax money by hiring disabled programmer and game designer. (at least they will not have problems with archery and learn value of prototypes) And he could curb down with expenses for these people from historical fencing. (Then again they might do it for free/cheap, if he's pal with theirs leader, I didn't seen their leader for a decade thus I don't know current facts.)

But at least he's history nuts, and would release decent game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Additional distinction for retards: Steam is a digital distribution platform. Steamworks is the toolset that includes the DRM (that has been cracked for 10 years). Steamworks is optional.

You can look at files after release, when it would have CEG, it uses DRM.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

What does that have to do with anything?

From GoG you download an installer, you can burn it on dvd or copy to USB take it to other computer and install it there without internet connection.

With Steam you cannot download a game if you don't have an internet connection, it does not come with an installer so you cannot copy it on a physical device, you cannot install it on a PC without steam.

Steam = DRM, you rent a game

GoG = online shop, bought game is yours

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Steam is DRM... Unlike gog.

Steam is DRM in the same way smiling at a girl is rape.

Most puzzling questions of our time:
1. What is the meaning of life?
2. Are there other civilizations in space?
3. Why does the topic of DRM make normal people Down-syndrome retarded?

Sentinel

Arcane

What does that have to do with anything?

From GoG you download an installer, you can burn it on dvd or copy to USB take it to other computer and install it there without internet connection.

With Steam you cannot download a game if you don't have an internet connection, it does not come with an installer so you cannot copy it on a physical device, you cannot install it on a PC without steam.

Steam = DRM, you rent a game

GoG = online shop, bought game is yours
The installer question is literally the only difference between GOG and Steam. And even then, you still need to log in to an account on GOG to access your installers, for which you need internet connection, so by your definition, GOG has a degree DRM.

Again with the retard assumption that Steam is DRM. Your statement is false. I believe you can copy a DRM-free game on steam anywhere you want and play it offline, just the same way you'd pirate it except without having to apply a crack.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyway from the swirling darkness of DRM retardery back to the warm sunshine of sane reality. Another part of the preview.....I just don't recommend watching it. I kindda regret it, it's full of spoilers.

One thing is clear by now - they did a great job with the game and watching the cutscenes is literally like watching a very well directed and acted movie. You'd be better off not watching it and wait but if you're just as impatient as me, here it is:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

This is retarded

The installer question is literally the only difference between GOG and Steam. And even then, you still need to log in to an account on GOG to access your installers, hence you need internet connection, so by your definition, GOG has a degree DRM.

You only need to login to GoG once to get your game, with Steam you need to login everytime you want to play (even offline)

Again with the retard assumption that Steam is DRM. Your statement is false. You can copy a DRM-free game on steam anywhere you want and play it offline.

A game needs steam to launch the said game = DRM, how the fuck is it too hard for you to understand this?

Sentinel

Arcane
with Steam you need to login everytime you want to play (even offline)
Nope. Wrong again. You can launch DRM-free games available on Steam without ever launching Steam. Just tried myself with Victoria 2.

A game needs steam to launch the said game = DRM, how the fuck is it too hard for you to understand this?
If the game is DRM-free, it doesn't require Steam at all. It's only available at the store, you can then close the fucking program and launch the game without problems. How is it so hard for you to read? Do you have shit for brains?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Nope. Wrong again. You can launch DRM-free games available on Steam without ever launching Steam. Just tried myself with Victoria 2.
You cherry picked a game which is in minority, most games on steam will launch steam itself when you try to start them, if you use steam, you are aware of this and are just bullshiting now.

Sentinel

Arcane
You cherry picked a game which is in minority, most games on steam will launch steam itself when you try to start them, if you use steam, you are aware of this and are just bullshiting now.
Yes, I know that, because those games use Steamworks, which IS the DRM part. This DRM part is optional. The majority of games use it, as you pointed out. This does NOT mean that Steam is DRM.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Yes, I know that, because those games use Steamworks, which IS the DRM part. This DRM part is optional. The majority of games use it, as you pointed out. This does NOT mean that Steam is DRM.

Optional but 90% of games use it...... hey guise steam is not DRM because 10% of games on it do not use the drm! but the evil GOG is drm where 100% of games come with no drm !

EVERYONE GET ON STEAM NOW YOU HEARD IT FIRST FROM THESENTINEL!!1111

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Most puzzling questions of our time:
2. Are there other civilizations in space?
3. Why does the topic of DRM make normal people Down-syndrome retarded?
Stop being stupid.

Install game, switch Steam to offline mode. Launch game to test if it works in offline mode. Then switch CPU. Try to launch game again. Can you run it?

2. Yes. But Earth is in complete backward part of Galaxy thus nobody would bother it until it invents FTL communications, or starts with long range space travel.
3. Because they care about games they are playing, and seeing a game that can go pop when something out of their control happens, makes sensible people mad. AKA when Steam goes bankrupt, or deal with publisher/new law blocks Steam distribution, games on Steam account would go boom.

Sentinel

Arcane

Optional but 90% of games use it...... hey guise steam is not DRM because 10% of games on it do not use the drm! but the evil GOG is drm where 100% of games come with no drm !

I never said GOG was DRM though. Can you quote the sentence where I said that?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

I never said GOG was DRM though. Can you quote the sentence where I said that?

'The installer question is literally the only difference between GOG and Steam. And even then, you still need to log in to an account on GOG to access your installers, for which you need internet connection, so by your definition, GOG has a degree DRM.'

according to you logging to GOG to download a game is the same DRM as steam

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom