Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kingdom Come was on Square Enix's E3 broadcast for some reason:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Kingdom Come was on Square Enix's E3 broadcast for some reason:

IIRC SE helps American distribution of Deep Silver games and DS helps European distribution of SE games. SE also showcasing other DS games like Agents of Mayhem at this E3.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
That looked pretty terrible. Graphical downgrade?

Might work than on my Comp :incline:; looking forward for it despite playing as some peasant boy is neither terribly original nor :obviously:. At-least he is son of smith not some 90 pound womyn like in Hellblade so will have good stamina , strength and basic weapons handling drill candidate for medieval man-at-arm needed.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The footage did not look downgraded at all in any way. But it ran in low resolution, 720p. HOWEVER, it was the first footage that I saw running at 60fps. Seems they were not shitting about improving optimization, this was night and day compared to barely 30fps techbeta.

Shame the game crashed (or it seemed to) so they only showed 3 minutes of footage.

And also, they are still showing dialogue scenes with missing character animation and automated low quality facial animation placeholders. FFS WARHORSE, THIS IS NOT HOW TO DO MARKETING.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That looked pretty terrible. Graphical downgrade?
Wasn't it run on PS4 since it was show on Sony Presentation?

No idea but it definitely looked terrible compared to the current beta. It's either a console build or a PC build with details pulled all the way down to "Low" in the options.

And also, they are still showing dialogue scenes with missing character animation and automated low quality facial animation placeholders. FFS WARHORSE, THIS IS NOT HOW TO DO MARKETING.

Agreed, they haven't learned from their mistake of putting out a beta with placeholder faces and VO. To this day you can see swarms of comments on YT and elsewhere saying game's ugly and they lost interest.

Then again Vavra tweeted they worked a few weeks on the trailer and E3 build so it's not just hastily thrown together. I guess the wider game still isn't ready for limelight and they did their best.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Does anyone know if they updated the beta recently or have any plans to in the near future?

Last time I played it ran like shit even on lowest settings.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Does anyone know if they updated the beta recently or have any plans to in the near future?

There will be no further early access release, they want to hit the february date with final game and doing another public beta build would waste time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/kingdom-come-deliverance/kingdom-come-deliverance-badass-skill-trait

Be a badass and intimidate people in Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Sometimes you don’t have enough gift of the gab to get something you want. That’s normal in real life, and games have often done something similar. In Kingdom Come: Deliverance, there are skill checks for this sort of thing: maybe you need to be strong, or maybe you need to be more persuasive. In some situations, though, you just need to look badass.

Tobias Stolz-Zwilling, PR manager at Warhorse Studios, showed us along a tutorial area for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, where the player came up to a decision. When collecting a debt, you get the choice to take a few different approaches, each represented by a different icon. One of those icons is a skill check for your “badass-ness”: a pig with shades on.

It sounds a little silly at first, but makes some sense. If you were to walk up to someone looking like you just dismembered someone, there’s a good chance that someone will get out of your way at just a glance. Stolz-Zwilling told us that “if you have full plate armour, if you have a bloody sword, people will be afraid of you.”

It’s wholly unlikely that badass-ness is the official title for this skill - and it's perhaps not fitting with the medieval theme - but that’s definitely what we’re calling it now.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer

No update. recent or future. Bate has stayed the same since release. We only released some hotfixes shortly after.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/kingdom-come-deliverance/kingdom-come-deliverance-badass-skill-trait

Be a badass and intimidate people in Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Sometimes you don’t have enough gift of the gab to get something you want. That’s normal in real life, and games have often done something similar. In Kingdom Come: Deliverance, there are skill checks for this sort of thing: maybe you need to be strong, or maybe you need to be more persuasive. In some situations, though, you just need to look badass.

Tobias Stolz-Zwilling, PR manager at Warhorse Studios, showed us along a tutorial area for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, where the player came up to a decision. When collecting a debt, you get the choice to take a few different approaches, each represented by a different icon. One of those icons is a skill check for your “badass-ness”: a pig with shades on.

It sounds a little silly at first, but makes some sense. If you were to walk up to someone looking like you just dismembered someone, there’s a good chance that someone will get out of your way at just a glance. Stolz-Zwilling told us that “if you have full plate armour, if you have a bloody sword, people will be afraid of you.”

It’s wholly unlikely that badass-ness is the official title for this skill - and it's perhaps not fitting with the medieval theme - but that’s definitely what we’re calling it now.

See, this is awesome, and exactly the kind of thing RPGs need (well, one of many). So many times in current/past RPGs, you walk up to some dude, and he sees you in some rare expensive armor, packing a high quality sword, just coming from a bandit exorcism, and he treats you like some fat nerd. This mechanic shouldn't result in everyone just yielding to you, but at least showing some RESPEK.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Jeezus Tobi is unstoppable talking machine

kinda hilarious in contrast to Prokhorov of Metro

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So in both of the presentations we've learned the exact same stuff we've known since 2013. I sincerely hope Warhorse does a proper stream when the guys get back home and show us some gameplay and new features. Because E3 was totally useless.

Paul_cz

Arcane
So in both of the presentations we've learned the exact same stuff we've known since 2013. I sincerely hope Warhorse does a proper stream when the guys get back home and show us some gameplay and new features. Because E3 was totally useless.

I mean obviously these presentations are not aimed at people who have been following the development..

And here is a better quality video from the E3 build incl. very pleasantly enthusiastic commentary from some mainstreamers

But goddamn those dialogue scenes look so amateurish still

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
See, this is awesome, and exactly the kind of thing RPGs need (well, one of many). So many times in current/past RPGs, you walk up to some dude, and he sees you in some rare expensive armor, packing a high quality sword, just coming from a bandit exorcism, and he treats you like some fat nerd. This mechanic shouldn't result in everyone just yielding to you, but at least showing some RESPEK.
Morrowind took fame and reputation into account when determining NPC dialogue. :incline:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Yeah that PS4 video is pretty good actually. But I'm 100% certain the dialogue scenes are still unfinished, you can clearly see some of the NPCs still have the ugly placeholder hair that the old Henry sported, as well as his legendary dead stare. So I really don't think they'll be the same when we play the game in 8 months.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The quest / part shown in the PS Access demo looks much better than a couple of months ago, when they showed it to Gamestar magazine. They really made some progress.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer

Yeah that PS4 video is pretty good actually. But I'm 100% certain the dialogue scenes are still unfinished, you can clearly see some of the NPCs still have the ugly placeholder hair that the old Henry sported, as well as his legendary dead stare. So I really don't think they'll be the same when we play the game in 8 months.
Yes, hair are being worked on. And as for the dialogs looking stiff, we already do have many full body animations and facial expressions but our guys have only just now (like a week back, really) started putting them into the dialog trees.
So...uh.... wait for Gamescom?
:shredder:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Yes, hair are being worked on. And as for the dialogs looking stiff, we already do have many full body animations and facial expressions but our guys have only just now (like a week back, really) started putting them into the dialog trees.
So...uh.... wait for Gamescom?
:shredder:

That is great to hear read.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom