Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

CreamyBlood

Arcane
This is the only game in years that I'm *actually* looking forward to. Reminds me of the nineties when I sometimes had excitement and anticipation in my dead, black heart.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer

Teaser rather average for a Warhorse, their previous ones were one of the best in the business. But we WILL know the release date on 9th June, hurray.

I'm curious here. Which exactly do you find to be best ones? I'm of course lacking the proper distance to judge them.
I really like our first one (alpha teaser) but it might be mainly due to what it could have been (can't disclose the original script but I was deeply unsatisfied by it)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm curious here. Which exactly do you find to be best ones? I'm of course lacking the proper distance to judge them.
I really like our first one (alpha teaser) but it might be mainly due to what it could have been (can't disclose the original script but I was deeply unsatisfied by it)

Yes, absolutely, this one. Believe it or not I still play it from time to time, just for fun. It's...relaxing. The two sparing knights is very unique too.

Problem with the newest trailer is it lacks the care and originality that marks everything Warhorse has presented so far. It seems to follow some sort of standardized script we've seen hundreds of times before.

Paul_cz

Arcane
While I also like the alpha teaser the best, I completely disagree that the new one lacks care. Sure it might not be original, but due to the music, beautiful scenery and great ending, it leaves impression.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finally someone gets horse animations right.

giphy.gif

ALRIGHT!!!

I'm officially backing dis.

Combat is very very gud, but the framerate is ATROCIOUS. Landing a combo is VERY satisfying. :incline:

Can you describe how the combat works in detail? I watched some youtube videos, but some things aren't clear. For example, it seems like if you time your parries right, you get in a free counter-attack. So why not just use that all the time, and why use feints or combinations?

Yeah I did some googling yesterday and it seems you guys are right. Sad. REALLY wanted to do some BINGE arena fighting. Oh well...

Any ETA?

Aim was for this year, but I doubt it. E3 should tell more.

I think Warhorse should delay as much as needed/feasible. We all want to see it ASAP, but this game is very important in the bigger picture. If it does well, it can serve as a platform for future historical games in the same engine/franchise, as well as encouraging other studios to try developing historical, relatively realistic games. So in that context, take all the time you need to make a great product.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Not this year. Feb 13th, 2018!:

Warhorse Studios and Deep Silver announce the release date for Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be the 13thof February 2018 in the Americas, Europe and all PAL regions.

Kingdome Come: Deliverance will launch simultaneously for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as PC, on the 13th of February 2018, at physically and digitally for PC: 49,99 € / 59,99 $ / £ 44,99 and Console: 59,99 € / 59,99 $ / £ 54,99

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
8 more months? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. Wtf is happening with the development of this game? I get it, it's Warhorse first game and Vavra wants to get everything right but daymn, this game's planned release was summer 2016.

Oh well, moar waiting then. But a video update would be nice coz there's some splaining to do here.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
8 more months? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. Wtf is happening with the development of this game? I get it, it's Warhorse first game and Vavra wants to get everything right but daymn, this game's planned release was summer 2016.

Oh well, moar waiting then. But a video update would be nice coz there's some splaining to do here.

I think Warhorse should delay as much as needed/feasible. We all want to see it ASAP, but this game is very important in the bigger picture. If it does well, it can serve as a platform for future historical games in the same engine/franchise, as well as encouraging other studios to try developing historical, relatively realistic games. So in that context, take all the time you need to make a great product.

Don't worry, they are taking their time to make sure this console game runs great on Scorpio.

Alpha ran like shit on my not so bad rig, so I can't comment on gameplay, and they still haven't shown it in the trailer. So I like the animation, I like the costumes (and weapons and armour), but whoever did the sculpts of the characters was kinda lazy. I get that they wanted the game to look realistic, but the MC looks... well, he looks just like our plumber neighbor, tbh. Other people look bland too. Disliked the camerawork.

Also, damn, 2018? It's not that I really expected it to come out this year, but damn.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
but whoever did the sculpts of the characters was kinda lazy. I get that they wanted the game to look realistic, but the MC looks... well, he looks just like our plumber neighbor, tbh. Other people look bland too. Disliked the camerawork.

Subjective. For me the faces look amazing, with a few exceptions, especially compared to basically all the other AAA RPGs I've ever seen. The animations are fine considering they are algorithm-based. Can't really compare it to mo-capped animations in games like Uncharted that are much smaller, with way less cinematics and dialogues, it's a different sport.

Being the autistic nitpicker that I am I've spotted a few bits of weirdness in the trailer, some faces and clothes seem to lack texture, they're too smooth and clean, a bit too...computery. Also sound mix seems incomplete, most of the voices sound like straight from the studio, without the ambiance and environmental sounds mixed in. But I suppose it all can be touched and polished in those 8 months.

Worst of all - we haven't seen or heard Lord Kyeser yet, damn you Vavra!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heh, yeah. What would make it even more pointless if they decide to put PC boxed copies in the store, well, since it now comes out for Xbox and PS4...

Paul_cz

Arcane
I don't get it. On one hand gamers are bitching about developers releasing games early and broken, and when someone decides to delay to avoid that, they bitch all over again about the delay.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't get it. On one hand gamers are bitching about developers releasing games early and broken, and when someone decides to delay to avoid that, they bitch all over again about the delay.

I think by this point even people who've been saying THAT^ this whole time are a bit annoyed by the delay. IIRC the initial KS estimate was December 2015, now it's KS, noone really expected that to be met so everyone, save for the incurable whiners, was ok with them delaying to summer 2016. Then it was delayed to summer 2017 and I was like ok, that's really long but let Warhorse make it as perfect as possible. And now 8 months more. Sure, I'll live, I got all sorts of shit to do, loads of games to play but c'mon, more than 2 years delay from the original deadline? That's a lot, a lot lot. The only consolation is it's not as bad as Star Citizen or Cyberpunk...and that's not much of a consolation.

Whatever Warhorse, just make a video update now and then and keep communicating with the fans. We'll wait.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Alpha ran like shit on my not so bad rig, so I can't comment on gameplay, and they still haven't shown it in the trailer. So I like the animation, I like the costumes (and weapons and armour), but whoever did the sculpts of the characters was kinda lazy. I get that they wanted the game to look realistic, but the MC looks... well, he looks just like our plumber neighbor, tbh. Other people look bland too.
The MC is modeled from the actor's face. Not sure about the others.

Alpha ran like shit on my not so bad rig, so I can't comment on gameplay, and they still haven't shown it in the trailer. So I like the animation, I like the costumes (and weapons and armour), but whoever did the sculpts of the characters was kinda lazy. I get that they wanted the game to look realistic, but the MC looks... well, he looks just like our plumber neighbor, tbh. Other people look bland too.
The MC is modeled from the actor's face. Not sure about the others.
Yeah, I know, and I understand that they wanted the game to look realistic, but I fear that they've veered into bland instead. Oh well, time will tell, that if my rig will be even capable of running it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom