Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Brancaleone

Prophet
ITT, we learn that less strength required compared to heavier weapons means no strength at all.

You learned nothing, it seems. Of course, if your only source is D&D, you'll be thinking that swords have 'high strength requirements', and you'll keep throwing around every single tv-trope from pop-culture, and thinking that anything that does not fit the bullshit that fills your strained brain must come from Olympic fencing (hint: it does not, Olympic fencing has nothing to do with how swords were actually used. But, guess what, not because of what you seem to think). And thus, there is little point in debating something that only exists in your head.

You realize that you are coming across as the equivalent of the typical millennial who feels obliged to lecture the Codex about how "Fallout 4 is teh best RPG evah, because you can shoot all sorts of awesome guns", right?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ITT, we learn that less strength required compared to heavier weapons means no strength at all.

You learned nothing, it seems. Of course, if your only source is D&D, you'll be thinking that swords have 'high strength requirements', and you'll keep throwing around every single tv-trope from pop-culture, and thinking that anything that does not fit the bullshit that fills your strained brain must come from Olympic fencing (hint: it does not, Olympic fencing has nothing to do with how swords were actually used. But, guess what, not because of what you seem to think). And thus, there is little point in debating something that only exists in your head.

You realize that you are coming across as the equivalent of the typical millennial who feels obliged to lecture the Codex about how "Fallout 4 is teh best RPG evah, because you can shoot all sorts of awesome guns", right?

Take a chill pill dude, you're really anal when it comes to swords, eh? :lol:

I never said sword fighting demanded a 'high strength requirement'. A 'heavy' two-hander weighted around 5 lbs and sure, anyone could carry it and swing it, but surely fighting someone isn't the same thing. Nothing to do with 'tv tropes' and 'pop culture', just plain old common sense.

You realize that you are coming across an uptight sword nerd, right? :M

Brancaleone

Prophet

Take a chill pill dude, you're really anal when it comes to swords, eh? :lol:

I never said sword fighting demanded a 'high strength requirement'. A 'heavy' two-hander weighted around 5 lbs and sure, anyone could carry it and swing it, but surely fighting someone isn't the same thing. Nothing to do with 'tv tropes' and 'pop culture', just plain old common sense.
You realize that you are coming across an uptight sword nerd, right? :M

When it comes to archaeology, ancient (or less ancient) history and warfare 'plain old common sense' usually leads to a lot of 'plain old bullshit'. After all, this is only a thread about a game supposedly aimed at offering more realistic combat, why not give priority to plain old bullshit common sense.
And there is a reason why one of the heaviest example in the huge range of existing (and I emphasize 'existing') swords such as the Beidhänder was a really specialized specimen, used only during a very, very short period of time, and most of all behaved more like a polearm than like a sword (and was not even a sidearm, but had to be carried over the shoulder like a pike or a poleaxe).

Anyway, sorry to spoil your fun, and please do carry on with your wonderful steaming bits of self-extracted knowledge.

Last edited:

ntonystinson

Scholar
I think it was a Codex assumption that this was an RPG. It is clear by now it is something closer to a simulation, like Arma with swords, or at best Stalker with swords.
the fuck? It has choices with consequences, dialogue trees, RPG character progression and open world exploration. It squarely belongs to the same RPG genre that New Vegas belongs to.

But the focus is on simulation. This game is more like Arma with RPG elements than the other way around, or like i said, Stalker, at least from the looks of it. I remember during the beginning of this thread people complained about the lack of information regarding the story, or the quest design, but once you get what this game is going for it isn't that surprising. Now personally i have no problem with this. I like simulations and the historical medieval setting is a welcome relief from all the high fantasy crap we see everywhere. I imagine this game will be very combat heavy with lot's of attention to details but i'd be surprised if the story or quests are going to be on the level of a Black Isle style game. If they are, hats off to Vavra, but i won't be disappointed if the game is more combat than story oriented because i get what it is they are trying to do.

No. At least it is not what they were saying.

1) combat is indeed planned to be "simulation" (yeah right)...

2) ... but, according to Vavra, you can almost entirely ignore it if you go for stealth option (which may be horrible - I have no idea how it will play in the real game and I doubt it will be Thief level :lol: - I simply state that it is a valid approach according to devs).

3) story is supposed to be a major factor in the game, at least for those who appreciate historical settings (accurate historical settings even more so) - so storyfag cRPG fans should rejoice. I am afraid though, that what they meant is the general arc of the story, and the personal story of the protagonist may be shit (some peasant affair if I recall correctly - sends strong vibes of Arkania: Gothic 4). It can of course be stellar, but that we will not know until the release.

4) character customisation is in (not AoD level, but not only clothing as far as I can see):

maxresdefault.jpg

C&C I honestly don't know. Maybe someone more versed in the topic can shed some light. But I don't think there was any substantial info to that matter released.
Clothing is also meant to be part of the customisation with wear and tear said to be implemented. RPGS could really do more with clothing mechanics

Prime Junta

if your only source is D&D, you'll be thinking that swords have 'high strength requirements'

D&D doesn't have strength requirements for weapons (other than composite bows which model war bows with exceptionally heavy pulls).

Brancaleone

Prophet
if your only source is D&D, you'll be thinking that swords have 'high strength requirements'

D&D doesn't have strength requirements for weapons (other than composite bows which model war bows with exceptionally heavy pulls).
I was going to write "D&D in cRPG", but then I thought I'd rather do without the inevitable debate on "D&D in cRPG is not even D&D! - Yes it is! - No it's not - ad libitum".

Bad move either way.

TOUGH GUY

Educated
Three acts format scrapped, Kingdom Come: Deliverance now a full-fledged title.

http://www.gamewatcher.com/interviews/kingdom-come-deliverance-interview/12742 said:
GameWatcher: Deliverance is split into three acts. What made you want to separate it in this way and how does this impact the questlines in the game?

Tobias Stolz-Zwilling: It was necessary to split the game to put smaller “parts” on the Kickstarter. This however, isn’t up to date anymore. We already reshuffled this idea and will release a regular RPG title: Kingdom Come: Deliverance, with a closed story. The next game will be “Kingdom Come 2” (not official name) and will offer a new story, map and more.

I will admit to a certain cynicism and suspicion that this supposedly complete game will not be all that different in terms of content and length from what only the first act out of three would have been. Obviously, I cannot know this for sure, and it could very well be a good game regardless. It is just a funny feeling I get after having been jaded and disappointed for many years now by both the video game and mirror-making industries.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
German media reported some detail on the quick save functionality - at first it reads like a joke. To use quick save, you have to drink a shot of Slivowitz ("Savowitz"), which gives you a slight stat boost. But if you quick save too often ("before every dialogue or before every lock"), you get reduced stats from constantly drinking. You can also become an alcoholic and have to cure this by sleeping or potions.

Last edited:

ntonystinson

Scholar
German media reported some detail on the quick save functionality - at first it reads like a joke. To use quick save, you have to drink a shot of Slivowitz ("Savowitz"), which gives you a slight stat boost. But if you quick save too often ("before every dialogue or before every lock"), you get reduced stats from constantly drinking. You can also become an alcoholic and have to cure this by sleeping or potions.
Now you have a legitimate reason to drink

vonAchdorf

Arcane
First quest (German - not dubbed) - (new) trailer starts at 2:00 - then gameplay.

(The game is now feature complete, now they work on the polishing / animations / placeholders etc.)

Last edited:

Prime Junta

muh immersion

Got bored and left

muh immersion

Tru Slavic arrpeegee. The amount of booze downed should determine your experience level, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom