Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jrpgfan

Erudite
That happened to me a while back also. I think the graphics whore got the better of me.

Still, if they manage to actually release the game at some point, I think it will at least be a pretty unique game. Probably broken as hell, but unique nonetheless.

Besides the graphics, another thing that drew me in was the combat system. I really wanted to feel how it plays.

I just hope this game gets released before the new ITS game.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
they say it has ring slot, if this isnt magic, what does ring do to someone?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/07/14/kingdom-come-deliverance/
6 body slots (cloth, chainmail, plate, sleeves, gloves, coat/hood)
4 leg slots (trousers, chainmail, armor, boots)
4 head slots (coif, chainmail, helmet, necklace)
2 jewelry slots (ring, spur)

They said the clothes you're wearing might affect how NPCs react to you. When you go shopping if you dress like a noble or a rich man(which will probably include jewelry) you'll get more favorable reactions from the salesmen.

For LARPing. I always wear any non-magical copper / silver / gold ring I can find even if it's not-magic ;)

It will be interesting how much you can patch together and how difficult it will be to find compatible pieces.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I wish Vavra came to this thread and thanked me. That would make me feel a little bit better about this.

I think we drove him out of this forum for good. If i remember correctly the guy seems to think that LARPing is the logical evolution of RPGs, and that stuff like isometric view or turn based combat are a thing of the past. This naturally made Codexers extremely butthurt. Kinda stubborn on his part not to accept that LAPRing is just one possible way to take the RPG genre and not necessarily the only one or even the best way, but one thing that can be said in his defense is that at least he seems to be taking his vision seriously. Since i personally do not share the prejudice the Codex has against LARPing (which sucks only because so far it has been done badly), i have no problem if he thinks LARPing has made isometric perspective or turn based combat obsolete if he can make a good LARPing game. In fact it is kinda of an advantage to us that we have a developer who wants to specialize in this kind of thing considering everybody else sucks at it. He wouldn't be able to make a game like Fallout so what difference does it make anyway.

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I wish Vavra came to this thread and thanked me. That would make me feel a little bit better about this.

I think we drove him out of this forum for good. If i remember correctly the guy seems to think that LARPing is the logical evolution of RPGs, and that stuff like isometric view or turn based combat are a thing of the past. This naturally made Codexers extremely butthurt. Kinda stubborn on his part not to accept that LAPRing is just one possible way to take the RPG genre and not necessarily the only one or even the best way, but one thing that can be said in his defense is that at least he seems to be taking his vision seriously. Since i personally do not share the prejudice the Codex has against LARPing (which sucks only because so far it has been done badly), i have no problem if he thinks LARPing has made isometric perspective or turn based combat obsolete if he can make a good LARPing game. In fact it is kinda of an advantage to us that we have a developer who wants to specialize in this kind of thing considering everybody else sucks at it. He wouldn't be able to make a game like Fallout so what difference does it make anyway.

That's weird. It's a kinda early to tell, but from what I've seen so far, this game doesn't strike me as LARPing material. Unless my definition of LARPing is wrong or different from Codex definition, maybe he changed his mind?

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane

That's weird. It's a kinda early to tell, but from what I've seen so far, this game doesn't strike me as LARPing material. Unless my definition of LARPing is wrong or different from Codex definition, maybe he changed his mind?
I think in his post LARP means "first person".
And yeah while Fallout 1 and 2 are Vavra's favourite games ever, New Vegas is there as well. From what I know he prefers first or third person perspective in games over top down stuff.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Well, in that case, it's still a dumb claim, but less worse than LARPing as in doing senseless shit and trying to give some meaning to it due to bad mechanics and quest design.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

This game appears to be realistic and simulationist, not something based on numbers and statistics. How is this not LARPing? What's the Codex definition? Maybe i'm the one who's getting it wrong.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The game is mix of both..I mean if you get better armor, it will have better protection against some type of weapon, so you will see it give you stat +5 protection against swords, for example. But at the same time collisions between the weapon and armor are physical based on inverse kinematics, so if you miss you miss and mega damage won't help you.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Codex definition of Larping is how the Bethtards 'role-played' in Oblibian and Fuckout 3, iirc.

Jrpgfan

Erudite

This game appears to be realistic and simulationist, not something based on numbers and statistics. How is this not LARPing? What's the Codex definition? Maybe i'm the one who's getting it wrong.

It is realistic but it still has an RPG system that affects the PC's abillity to do stuff. If controlling your character directly instead of giving him "orders" is LARPing, then pretty much every action RPG(or most of them) features LARP design.

And I've got no clue what's the codex definition, like I implied on my post. My definition of LARP is, like I said above, doing senseless shit and trying to give some meaning to it. Like putting on a robe and pretending to be Altair in Skyrim by jumping on people from the top of a roof. Now that I think about it, maybe this game does have some LARPing potential. But anyway...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The game is mix of both..I mean if you get better armor, it will have better protection against some type of weapon, so you will see it give you stat +5 protection against swords, for example. But at the same time collisions between the weapon and armor are physical based on inverse kinematics, so if you miss you miss and mega damage won't help you.

Well, that's neither here nor there though. Even shooters are based on stats and numbers, you just don't see them in the game.

The point is that he has a particular vision of what an RPG is where it is the experience of being the character that matters, and he thinks that the fact we can now do this kind of thing has rendered spreadsheet RPGs obsolete. Indeed, he thinks those older games relied on spreadsheets and statistics only because the technologies weren't advanced enough to offer a truly realistic experience. At least that's how i remember it, i could be wrong.

Now my argument is that even if you think he is a retard for believing this, at least we can appreciate he is trying to following his vision through, instead of going the Bethesda way of full pretend or the Call of Duty way (I.E., of going for a cinematic experience rather than a simulationist one). You may not agree that the type of game he is trying to make is really the next evolution of the RPG genre making all past RPGs obsolete, but if we just take what he wants to do at face value, we can at least appreciate the game for what it is, assuming he pulls it off.

Codex definition of Larping is how the Bethtards 'role-played' in Oblibian and Fuckout 3, iirc.

Ok, maybe that label applies to Bethesda because in those games you just pretend to be the character, and there's no real deep mechanic or interactivity underneath the experience. How should we refer to Kingdom Come then? A simulation? A virtual reenactment?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
And I've got no clue what's the codex definition, like I implied on my post. My definition of LARP is, like I said above, doing senseless shit and trying to give some meaning to it. Like putting on a robe and pretending to be Altair in Skyrim by jumping on people from the top of a roof. Now that I think about it, maybe this game does have some LARPing potential. But anyway...

Ok, makes sense. This game appears to be something like Operation Flashpoint in medieval times with some RPG stuff thrown in (medieval STALKER?). You are not really pretending to be Sir Knight Potato in your head, there's real interactivity and real gameplay stuff.

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Medieval stalker sounds like an accurate description based on what's been shown so far. Let's hope the game ends up being that.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I bought the game last week but got a defective HD and couldn't install it. Today my new HD arrived and I was finally able to play it a little bit.

The graphics are pretty good and the combat system shows a lot of promise, but the game runs like shit on my GTX 970/i7 2600k(4.4 ghz OC) config. At 1080p on low settings I get 30-42fps and a lot of stuttering sometimes(especially during combat). On very high there isn't a huge performance drop(it goes down to like 28-35 fps), although it does feel more sluggish. At 1440p it stays at 28-30 average on very high. Overall performance is really poor and there's not a huge difference between the lowest and highest settings.

Being an early "beta", the game is probably still badly optimized but I got the feeling it's very cpu-bound and is still gonna be quite a bit heavy on the cpu even on the final release.

Starwars

Arcane

New video, showcasing some stuff that they showed at E3.

EDIT: One thing they mention is that there won't be any more beta updates.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
I don't wanna get beheaded by sand niggers by going to Cologne. Do they make something like this in CZ? I'd go check it out for myself.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This gonna be much more fun than twitcher 3 with actual good combat.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do you accept payment in brofists?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom