Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Antigoon

Augur
Actually Eastern Europe is full of hot chicks, unlike West most are still not into Starbucks, McDonalds and getting drunk every day.. all the things that make you fat and ugly. Also genes are better.
Pretty sure that besides the UK I have never seen such a strong drinking culture like in eastern Europe. But apparently that doesn't hurt them that much...

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Actually Eastern Europe is full of hot chicks, unlike West most are still not into Starbucks, McDonalds and getting drunk every day.. all the things that make you fat and ugly. Also genes are better.

Too bad their looks tank even harder than asian chicks once they hit menopause.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Pretty sure that besides the UK I have never seen such a strong drinking culture like in eastern Europe.

For men maybe but women?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
I fear that the game will end up with the exact same feeling of aimless blandness that so dominated Oblivion. I hope it won't.

Oblivion is pretty much the first game I thought of when I saw this, and the feeling hasn't disappeared at all. I'm kind of annoyend that such gorgeous graphics are wasted on retarded semi-realistic shit but OTOH very few games have made a good transition from cartoon fantasy art to more realistic fantasy art so maybe it's for the best.

You people are nuts comparing it with Oblivion. Oblivion was bland not because it was realistic, it was a high fantasy game with demons and monsters everywhere. It was bland because it was completely copy pasted, and one thing has nothing to do with the other. What makes RPGs feel not bland is good content, such as hand-placed unique stuff to discover and interact with, and that can be done independent of setting, realistic or fantasy.

Antigoon

Augur
Pretty sure that besides the UK I have never seen such a strong drinking culture like in eastern Europe.

For men maybe but women?
Especially for women. I got outdrunk more times that I could count by some tiny hungarian/polish women on their crazy strong palinka etc.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I had a polish teacher back in college and he told me his family drank vodka everyday even on breakfast because it was too fucking cold. Not sure if it's still like that but that doesn't strike me as a non-drinking culture.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
How "complete" is the beta as of yet? Is there any content or just a hiking simulator?

It's barely a beta, actually. I'd say it's still pretty much a tech alpha. The only thing that's feature locked is the world (and you can see only a tiny section of it). Everything else - the characters, the RPG systems, the combat, the VO, the music, the quests, the minigames - are either placeholders or a WIP.

Seriously, I have no idea why Vavra decided to show the game in such a raw state....AND call it "a beta". Everyone who's not familiar with the background will take a one look at it and immediately form a negative opinion. First impressions are so important and Warhorse should hire someone to explain to them how to manage expectations.

Paul_cz

Arcane
How "complete" is the beta as of yet? Is there any content or just a hiking simulator?

It's barely a beta, actually. I'd say it's still pretty much a tech alpha. The only thing that's feature locked is the world (and you can see only a tiny section of it). Everything else - the characters, the RPG systems, the combat, the VO, the music, the quests, the minigames - are either placeholders or a WIP.

Seriously, I have no idea why Vavra decided to show the game in such a raw state....AND call it "a beta". Everyone who's not familiar with the background will take a one look at it and immediately form a negative opinion. First impressions are so important and Warhorse should hire someone to explain to them how to manage expectations.

Well at least the tech beta is only available to backers. Nobody else (general public) can play it, it is not on early access. So hopefully most people who do play it aren't going to shit on it because of these first impressions.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well at least the tech beta is only available to backers. Nobody else (general public) can play it, it is not on early access. So hopefully most people who do play it aren't going to shit on it because of these first impressions.

It is exactly an early access. But that's beside the point. People who shit on it are moslty to be found in the comments under YT videos or magazine previews.

Paul_cz

Arcane

It is exactly an early access. But that's beside the point. People who shit on it are moslty to be found in the comments under YT videos or magazine previews.
I mean it is not on steam early access. It is not playable by the wider public. But yeah all the gameplay videos from early builds might hurt it somewhat.

Cadmus

Arcane

Talks about RPG system, stat influence on gameplay etc

so huh the learn by use system will be more like Oblivion or more like Age of Decadence? :)

I like that they are doing something new with the armor layers, I'm expecting this game to have tons of innovative and new stuff.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Man, I don't know if the game will be fun to play in the end, but it sure is sexy as fuck, I love the attention to detail they put in everything, from the landscapes to the combinations of armor.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
First thing that pops into my mind when i hear the word 'deliverance' is the movie.:mixedemotions:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
they say it has ring slot, if this isnt magic, what does ring do to someone?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/07/14/kingdom-come-deliverance/
6 body slots (cloth, chainmail, plate, sleeves, gloves, coat/hood)
4 leg slots (trousers, chainmail, armor, boots)
4 head slots (coif, chainmail, helmet, necklace)
2 jewelry slots (ring, spur)

They said the clothes you're wearing might affect how NPCs react to you. When you go shopping if you dress like a noble or a rich man(which will probably include jewelry) you'll get more favorable reactions from the salesmen.

valcik

Arcane
Or hiding a lethal dose of toxin in hollow stone on ring, since herbalism and poisons plays important role in KCD.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Despite all warnings about the beta still being a tech alpha, I still ended up buying the game. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I wish Vavra came to this thread and thanked me. That would make me feel a little bit better about this.

Starwars

Arcane
That happened to me a while back also. I think the graphics whore got the better of me.

Still, if they manage to actually release the game at some point, I think it will at least be a pretty unique game. Probably broken as hell, but unique nonetheless.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
The combat so far looks seems to be better than anything bethesda ever released. At least it looks like to try to make every hit count and you are blocking and parrying, instead of absorbing slashes like a training doll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom