Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
https://t.co/LZ2znU9RWi

new gameplay, stuff not shown in alpha/beta. Looks great.

It's quite underhwelming actually, I mean the Gamespot reporting. There are a few new snippets but I expected much, much more from this E3. Toby just repeated for the umpteenth time the basic stuff they're saying since alpha. I really hope they'll still have a more substantial showing.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
https://t.co/LZ2znU9RWi

new gameplay, stuff not shown in alpha/beta. Looks great.

It's quite underhwelming actually, I mean the Gamespot reporting. There are a few new snippets but I expected much, much more from this E3. Toby just repeated for the umpteenth time the basic stuff they're saying since alpha. I really hope they'll still have a more substantial showing.

They have an actual church that exists in real life and it's very realistic,isn't this enough for you? Having realistic stuff is much more important than gameplay,story and other unnecesary shit.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Just looks like a prettier version of Mount & Blade. Not sure what this has to offer over that game.

- fully voiced
- very realistic (every square inch of landscape is based on photographs of the real locations)
- controller friendly UI
- streamlined gameplay

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Apart from the medieval-ish setting and "mouse controlled directive"(or whatever the fuck it's called, if it's called anything at all) melee combat, this game is probably gonna be nothing like M&B. Core gameplay in M&B is more "sandboxy" in nature and has a greater focus on army/companion management and epic scale battles, whereas this one is prob gonna be more like a realistic TES game, focusing on the PC and individual quests. Actually I don't even think you'll be able to command a single soldier in this game(atleast I haven't heard anything about it from the devs so far).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
He's trolling you, Rakus' twitter is full of such sarcastic jokes. He just wants to see angered mob storming Vavra's tweet for more fun like this:
omnobVt.jpg
This seals it, I will buy this game just to support this guy. If only we had more people like Vávra.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Actually it's rather fun to watch the SJWs going mental over a game that dared to be historically accurate. :D

Got bored and left

Indeed. Historical revisionism and wishful thinking done, expressly, in order to present a "historical reality", and right wrongs is always amusing to watch. I can only hope that Warhorse can make a good game on top of trying to stay as true as possible to the period. Cause otherwise, who gives a shit. Did they show anything at E3?

Starwars

Arcane
The new area showed off there looks gorgeous but yeah... as someone pointed out, we already know that the game looks fantastic and that it is trying to be as historically accurate as possible. It'd be nice to see actual *gameplay* with the player actually doing stuff. Even after playing the beta, it's a bit hard to get a real sense of how the full game will actually play and feel. Which is a bit worrying... but I suppose we'll see during 2017.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The new area showed off there looks gorgeous but yeah... as someone pointed out, we already know that the game looks fantastic and that it is trying to be as historically accurate as possible. It'd be nice to see actual *gameplay* with the player actually doing stuff. Even after playing the beta, it's a bit hard to get a real sense of how the full game will actually play and feel. Which is a bit worrying... but I suppose we'll see during 2017.
Exactly, to me this is all noise, we will see if Warhorse will keep up the promise of you being able to solve the quests multiple ways, so far I've been seeing frosting but no cake.

Severian Silk

Exactly, to me this is all noise, we will see if Warhorse will keep up the promise of you being able to solve the quests multiple ways, so far I've been seeing frosting but no cake.
I'm seeing cake but no flour.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/117513-kingdom-come-deliverance-previews.html

We hadn't yet rounded up any E3-based previews for Warhorse Studios' Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and since there are still some spilling onto the Internet, it seems like a good time to right the wrong.

PlayStation Universe:

Nonetheless, PSU managed to get some hands-on time with the game, which takes the form of medieval action-RPG set in Bohemia (now known as Czech Republic) in the year 1403. Think Elder Scrolls' first-person combat married with a grounded realism pays as much attention to historical accuracy as it does gameplay, and you have a good idea of what to expect.

Gaming Illustrated:

The demo presented at E3 had me hooked within minutes just because of a simple mini-game. An important part of Kingdom Come: Deliverance is combat — how do players expect to fight if their swords are rusty and dull? Rather than going to the inventory and selecting a repair kit or a whetstone, players will be able to go to a grindstone and sharpen their sword through a small mini-game to keep it at its best stats.

RPGFan:

It's actually easier to intimidate people if you take advantage of KC's unique armor and equipment system. Armor adds to a reputation system that keeps the world feeling alive and reactionary rather than set in stone and stale. Lowly peasants may freak if they see you walking around like The Mountain on Game of Thrones, and they'll really super freak if you're just carrying around a scimitar willy-nilly. Our demo driver was quick to point out how armor layers on your avatar to provide protection against the various pointy things trying to kill you in Bohemia. You can have up to four layers of armor that all link together in a way that makes physical sense. You won't be putting layer after layer of metal plates on, for example. You'll have to lay down some leather armor and then put on the heavy stuff, adding to the realism of the world. Be careful, however, as heavy armor will make you noisier and thus easier to detect.

ElectricSistaHood:

One of the most beautiful aspects of the design of Kingdom Come: Deliverance is the works of art that are featured in the game. However these are not just things that they Google searched and pasted into the world; in fact, they hired an actual painter to digitally draw works of art that would've existed in 1403. Another is the game's soundtrack, which Spoka is assisting on. Currently there are placeholders in for the demo, but in the next couple months the score will be recorded in one of Prague's most famous venues. (My guess is it'll either be at the Rudolfinum or the Klementium.)

And TechRaptor:

The importance of wearing proper armor against what your enemies are using for weapons, as well as your choice in weaponry based on what your enemy is wearing, can’t be understated. There are RPG things like leveling to get up proficiency and weapons and other things, but every character in the game has the exact same amount of health. So, you can’t just cruise your way through something because you have outleveled the area. The strategy of using the correct weapon at the correct time, while constantly adjusting your armor, will be the most important thing in every encounter you have. It even comes into play with your horse, as you’ll apply that layering to their armor as well.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
While we're waiting for the next update...

Vavra is a very...direct dude, not just in his political, Sargon-of-Akkad style views but generally. His Facebook comments are hilarious. For example right now they're doing auditions for actors and actresses and this is what he writes:

We're looking for a pretty young chick for the game, the problem is we can't agree on what is "pretty". This one for instance. Is she pretty? Is she a good pick for the role of a sexy, romantic heroine? Do you find her attractive? Because I don't. To me this photo looks like a mugshot of Angelina Jolie after being arrested for going nuts on crack and beating someone with a sledghammer."

b45360d933ee1753c43d0421bb78e9df.jpg

Lol.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
He must have really high standards for women.

That or he's gay.

It's not that the chick is ugly or something. Pretty sure it's someone's type (not mine). That's beside the point tho. She's not what I'd imagine if you said "sexy, sparky romantic heroine". She'd be great as a cold, spoiled, slightly sadistic princess :D

Modron

Arcane
It's not that the chick is ugly or something. Pretty sure it's someone's type (not mine). That's beside the point tho. She's not what I'd imagine if you said "sexy, sparky romantic heroine". She'd be great as a cold, spoiled, slightly sadistic princess :D

Eh that is probably just the mugshot-esque headshot speaking, any expression whatsoever would improve upon that stone face look. Besides people generally look better in motion then in a solitary frame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom