Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Random commenter on the PCGamer article said:
Edit: Seeing as so many fanboys are getting triggered, I'll simplify my comment into three clear, factual statements:
1. Medieval sword combat was not clumsy.
2. Medieval combat did not hinge on stamina.
3. Medieval swords were not very heavy.

If you think you need to defend this video game by trying to refute these facts, then you're an idiot.

Looking forward to playing this.

I don't think this kind of stupidity deserves any explanation.
1 and 3 might be justifiable, but 2 really sinks the ship.
Depends on the battler really. In duel you can kind of rest for a few seconds here and there. In a real battle well you do need stamina even in modern days. 1&3 are true.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Everyone who ever held a sword in medieval times was a swordmaster who'd practised their entire life. It is known.
Tooo much anime mate. The armies of medieval times were made mainly by peasants that have never hold a weapon in their life. If you are talking about knights and nobles then kind of, it was their job after all.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
The armies of medieval times were made mainly by peasants that have never hold a weapon in their life.

The dominance of the levy system in raising medieval troops has been greatly overstated, especially for the later period. The Assizes of Arms of Henry II and Henry III state that any man not wealthy enough to own a bow or a spear and shield was not expected to participate in even defensive war. Medieval infantry was mostly upper peasantry/middle class freemen, unbound mercenaries and retinue troops and serjeants, all of whom had at least some amount of training.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The armies of medieval times were made mainly by peasants that have never hold a weapon in their life.

The dominance of the levy system in raising medieval troops has been greatly overstated, especially for the later period. The Assizes of Arms of Henry II and Henry III state that any man not wealthy enough to own a bow or a spear and shield was not expected to participate in even defensive war. Medieval infantry was mostly upper peasantry/middle class freemen, unbound mercenaries and retinue troops and serjeants, all of whom had at least some amount of training.
I agree with you mate,but it heavily depends on the country and the ruler. The main core of most European armies were peasants,there were man-at-arms and mercs.The main philosophy then must have been "the more the better" adding all kind of riff raff,including criminals.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
2. Medieval combat did not hinge on stamina.

Exactly, it wasnt stamina, it was the armor, unless you could throw your opponent on the ground. Someone with full plate was nearly invincible in one on one combat against a peasant with pitchfork. Only the suicidal mob would be a threat, because they could throw their lifes in chance to overpower and make the opponent fall.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Ready for Kingdom Come: Deliverance? Help us!

Kingdom Come: Deliverance will launch on February 13th 2018 for PC, PlayStation®4, and Xbox One.

To better understand you, our community, we created a very short questionnaire (approx. 2min). It would be of great help for us if you could take the time to tell us your preferences. This is important for us to focus on the things you are interested in. Your personal information will be used for internal purposes only and the overall results of the questionnaire will be shared with you at a later date.

New Kingdom Come - Preview Accolades Teaser

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is around the corner and journalists from around the globe had the chance to play up to 4 hours of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. And the feedback is great:
  • “The world is absolutely beautifully designed”
  • “Full of potential and possibilities”
  • “It’s hard to ignore the passion that fuels the game forward”
  • “The perfect combination of challenge, realism and RPG”
  • “An epic adventure whose realism is unique”
  • “You can see the love and hand work on every corner of the game”
...and many more.

Are you ready for the game? We definitely can’t wait to release it.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance at PAX South

Visit San Antonio's PAX South on the weekend January 12th to 14th to enjoy Kingdom Come: Deliverance with our Community Manager Rick Lagnese! We are looking forward to meet you at the Alienware booth 10683.

Follow Rick on Twitter to meet and great him or to get on site info: https://twitter.com/rick5292

A livestream with Rick playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance should air at 2pm PST (times may change) on https://www.twitch.tv/alienware.

Weekly Torch with Designer Martin Strnad

Every week we publish insightful interviews with a member of our team - The Weekly Torch. These interviews give a more personal approach, rather than simply talking about the development of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

This time we have one of our Designer Martin Strnad who is checking all details in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Do NPC's have cloths in their bedrooms, is there food in their storage rooms - everything under the supervision of Daniel Vávra.

Don't miss our past interviews with our Environment Artist Henrieta Vajsabelova, our genious Music Composer Jan Valta or our Lead Designer Viktor Bocan.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Tooo much anime mate. The armies of medieval times were made mainly by peasants that have never hold a weapon in their life. If you are talking about knights and nobles then kind of, it was their job after all.
thats the joke

Another point to consider is that the main weapon of a peasant was often a pike or axe (less expensive metal required, takes less training than sword-fighting, and can be easily made out of farm implements or be made using the same techniques as making one).

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I am amazed to hear many people call this out for supposedly bad animations when they turn a blind eye to TES games, series they seem intent on drawing comparison to the most. Then again such double standard is nothing new.

So... how many months of patching are we looking at here until the game is good? In Codex' estimate.

Shin

Cipher
Well to be fair, the last TES game came out in 2011 on the Xbox 360. Kingdom come is still in development. Technology (is supposed) to move forward.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Let's not be idiotic here, the animations are not terrible, it's a mixed bag. The algorithm they used to run the non-mo-capped animations is apparently not the greatest, they should've borrowed the one CD Projekt used for Witcher 3. There's no problem with the mo-capped cutscenes obviously. Everything else is fine in my book. Plus the rest of the visuals are probably the best I've ever seen in a videogame.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Well to be fair, the last TES game came out in 2011 on the Xbox 360. Kingdom come is still in development. Technology (is supposed) to move forward.
Fallout 4 came out in 2015 and has dogshit animation. And everything else.

Paul_cz

Arcane
You didn't have that much problem with Elex and its wooden animations.
:troll:
In case that was addressed to me, I bought ELEX but still have yet to play it, waiting for more patches. That said I am fine with shitty animation. New Vegas has some of the most dogshit animation work ever put into a commercial videogame and it is still one of the best RPGs ever made. So is Gothic 1.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Think the problem is the more realistic game you make, these problems will stand out more.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is around the corner and journalists from around the globe had the chance to play up to 4 hours of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. And the feedback is great:
  • “The world is absolutely beautifully designed”
  • “Full of potential and possibilities”
  • “It’s hard to ignore the passion that fuels the game forward”
  • “The perfect combination of challenge, realism and RPG”
  • “An epic adventure whose realism is unique”
  • “You can see the love and hand work on every corner of the game”
...and many more.

Well journalists told Bioware ME:A will be fine

The combat looks nice, and most of the characters look good, but that first guard looks retarded. What's with the constant hand twitching?

Paul_cz

Arcane
The hand twitching is bizzare and the camera placement during some of those dialogues is bizzare too. Oh well, eurojank tax I guess

Overall it looks great though, I am looking forward to explore it and the long cutscene was very well written and directed

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The Pax footage is best so far, it really shows how jawdroppingly old-school and complex the game is. With all the stats, itemization, NPC interaction and combat it's like a gigantic blast from the past of the golden age of RPGs. It's as if Warhorse thought "it seems what sells best nowadays are games that are streamlined, simple, easy and full of shallow ahwsum moments. Great. So let's go in the EXACT OPPOSITE DIRECTION IN EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE".

Lol. I wish the game the absolute best but I suspect the hipsters will look at it and go back to PUGB or Cuphead.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
The time needed to load a dialogue is kinda annoying. The game beginning seems interesting enough though

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom