Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - King of Dragon Pass spiritual successor

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Don't follow the thread if it offends you? Or show some of that pimpin art so much better than mine?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Yeah, I kind of get it, there's nothing to show for the game so far. I mean, I've read the design doc, I've seen the many concept art pieces. But we don't want to show anything too soon, because it's obviously still subject to change, potentially. (we haven't even said what the people you'll be leading ingame are going to be. Glorantha buffs could probably tell from the concept art. Still, this might change slightly, Robin D. Laws hasn't even started writing yet.)

So, we're really excited, I suspect some other people might be looking forward to the game as well.
AFAIK David is planning another blog post, this time with little something to look at.

edit: Looking at it from a marketing point of view, it's probably a good idea to keep updating the blog, even with not-updates, KoDP is quite popular on iOS and we need to have fans know we're making another one, to keep momentum. The game won't be ready for quite a while.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I, for one, am glad to read about this game and any updates on it.

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Merlkir, as long as you have something it makes a big difference, but blogs are dime a dozen.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Hah, neither actually. :) The scribe is Marguerite's and the chieftain is Dario's.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
BTW, Robin D. Laws (who's writing the game) has a very good podcast, with a fellow writer Kenneth Hite:
http://www.kenandrobintalkaboutstuff.com/
Well worth listening to! I listen to a lot of podcasts while painting and KARTAS is one of my favourites.

I'm reading the discussion in our "Writing" dev channel and bloody hell, Robin is just so smart and professional. I better shape up and do some more concept art. :D :dance:

mondblut

Arcane
Why is it a "spiritual successor" (god, I hate these words almost irrationally, they literally sounds like "we're going to swindle you by exploiting your foolish nostalgy, stupid fanboy")? It has supposedly similar gameplay, it has the same Glorantha setting - by industry standarts, that makes a... sequel, duh.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Well, in game terms possibly so. Not as a story though, the clan won't be Orlanthi, nothing from the first game will be referenced. Yes, it's set in Glorantha, but saying it's the same setting is like equating Rome and Napoleon Total War, because they both take place on Earth.

Like...yeah, gameplay-wise it is designed (so far) as KoDP2. :D Hopefully no nostalgia swindling is going to happen. (doesn't seem to be the plan anyway)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, in game terms possibly so. Not as a story though, the clan won't be Orlanthi, nothing from the first game will be referenced. Yes, it's set in Glorantha, but saying it's the same setting is like equating Rome and Napoleon Total War, because they both take place on Earth.

Like...yeah, gameplay-wise it is designed (so far) as KoDP2. :D Hopefully no nostalgia swindling is going to happen. (doesn't seem to be the plan anyway)
No one calls Napoleon Total War a spiritual successor to Rome. In fact everyone would call it a sequel.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
That example was more aimed towards the "setting is the same" comment. But true, fair enough.

I think the SS label is there more due to KoDP being a 16 year old game, it just sounds odd to be making a sequel now, for something released in 1999.

Norfleet

No one calls Napoleon Total War a spiritual successor to Rome. In fact everyone would call it a sequel.
No, we wouldn't. Napoleon can't be considered related to Rome in any way, except tangentially by theme. Saying Napoleon is a sequel to Rome is like saying Starcraft is a sequel to Warcraft. Sure, they're both Blizzard RTS "-craft", but the similarity pretty much ends there.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
A new development update about development tools:

http://sixages.blogspot.cz/2015/02/tools.html

There's also one screenshot of something that looks like a WIP UI with some Clan Ring member pictures:

Kaleidoscope%2Bblog.png

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Yup, that's a wip UI. :) I think it's safe to say the game will have people, cows and warriors. :D And seasons. I'll be doing all new portraits, these are obviously KoDP placeholders.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Thane equivalent, I suppose. The numbers of things will be a bit different to the Orlanthi standards in KoDP.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
New blog on the scripting language:

http://sixages.blogspot.cz/2015/04/scripting.html

And from Twitter:

Progress update: UI designed. 115 scenes written, 66 coded and running.

I've not done any scene art yet, we have some concept art aspects to iron out. I should start later this month. We've also contracted two additional artists:

http://povorot.deviantart.com/
http://ahszymborska.deviantart.com/

edit: Trickers confirmed.

#SixAges is truly a Gloranthan game: just fixed the first Trickster-related bug.

:troll:

edit: so are dwarves. ;)

It is not a @SixAges spoiler to say that I really like writing Gloranthan dwarves. Because they are jerks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom