Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - King of Dragon Pass spiritual successor

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Preorders are up! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/six-ages-ride-like-the-wind/id934012726?mt=8

DgMFLLBVQAAnyE5.jpg

Life between myths. Clans, cows, choices.
The Golden City lies under a great sheet of ice. Your ancestors rode free, looking for a new home. It took three hundred years, but your clan finally settled here, in the valley where you hope to find your gods, recruit spirits, and win respect from your fellow Riders. Can you protect your people and claim your destiny when you’re beset by wizards, lizards, and worse, your barbaric neighbors, the Orlanthi?

raid013.jpg

Six Ages: Ride Like The Wind, the spiritual successor to cult hit King of Dragon Pass, combines interactive fiction and turn-based strategy to immerse you in a hostile, blood-soaked land governed by myth and cursed with wonders. Uncover the secrets of the valley, battle ancient enemies, and meet the gods, all while protecting your people and raiding your neighbors’s cows. Hundreds of scenes unfurl, accompanied by gorgeous artwork and backed by a clan simulation that makes every game unique. You’ll be faced with hard choices, but you’ll get advice to follow or ignore — although your advisors have their own agendas.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is now available for pre-order in the iOS App Store. It will be released on 28 June. (Other platforms are currently in development.)

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Here's the first LP done on Twitch. (it's from an iPhone) Gameplay starts around the 8th minute (though it takes him a long while to get through the tutorial):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/276460426

(he turns the music off around 48th minute, only half of it, then turns the other half off around 1 hour in.)

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
An interview with our QA lead:

https://sixages.com/blog/index.php/2018/06/the-six-ages-team-liana-kerr/

I had a lot of issues with imposter syndrome and self-confidence, which meant my tendency was to assume that my input wasn’t very valuable. I mean, who was I to contradict David Dunham on a matter of game design, or edit Robin D. Laws’s writing? But the truth was that my position was unique: as a longtime fan of King of Dragon Pass, I approached Six Ages from a player’s point of view, and so I was not only looking for bugs, I was also looking for scenarios that didn’t make sense, outcomes that felt unfair or unsatisfying, or places where a little extra detail would have a big impact on the scene. For example, when another clan creates a song mocking you, I wanted to know exactly what the insult was! (And Robin came through with not one, but several different insults that are chosen randomly each time the scene appears.)

Can confirm, I felt like that many times during production. And it was way cool that we could in fact share our ideas and suggest changes.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Here's the first LP done on Twitch. (it's from an iPhone) Gameplay starts around the 8th minute (though it takes him a long while to get through the tutorial):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/276460426

(he turns the music off around 48th minute, only half of it, then turns the other half off around 1 hour in.)
So we can be nice, and for while not pirate.
Oh such thought makes us urinate.
We can watch it on twitch.
Watch...
And then bitch.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
It should run on any iPad other than the original. iOS 9 or later.

Nice to see you here David Dunham. I bought one of your KoDP art pieces some years back from your Etsy auction, I still have it laying around somewhere.

Gotta say, as a long time KoDP fan, I'm very frustrated for the exclusive iOS release. I don't own an Apple phone or iPad, so I'm not going to be able to enjoy this game that I've been looking forward to playing ever since it was announced. But I understand that the mobile version is expected to sell much more copies that the PC release, so focusing on it is understandable.

Do you have any reassuring words for us who are eagerly waiting for the PC release?

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
I dont feel like reading the whole thread so im just gonna ask: Is replayability handled basically the same way as KoDP, or does Six Ages do more (or less) to make the game more sandboxy/replayable?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I dont feel like reading the whole thread so im just gonna ask: Is replayability handled basically the same way as KoDP, or does Six Ages do more (or less) to make the game more sandboxy/replayable?
It's comparable to KoDP.

(also, it's started raining quite a bit today. Truly, we are in the Storm Age! :dance:

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
Pocket tactics is absolute trash in terms of reviews, so I wouldnt even bother with that one.

Silva

Arcane
Fantastic game so far. It feel more polished, the interface better organized and easy to use , mechanics improved and way less opaque in its workings, and the writing top notch as usual, as the art. Bravo, Merlkir and David Dunham .

:bravo:

The new horse-riding culture is weird at first but it's starting to grow on me. What were it's real world influences, Scythians?

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
The new horse-riding culture is weird at first but it's starting to grow on me. What were it's real world influences, Scythians?

I'm writing a blog post about that, with a video going through my research library. Should be out today, or in a few days.

(TL;DR though - kind of Scythians, yes.)

Polanski

Scholar
I am so exited to play this on Monday. I am (un-) lucky enough to own an iPhone. Though I seems very strange to release it first on iOS, it is one of the few games where I think it will play just as well on as on pc.

How is this release not on the codex front page btw? It that reserved for 3D actions games and AAA “rpg’s” ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom