Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King of Dragon Pass (Android Release)

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Huh, I actually don't know which platforms are being planned. I suppose that'll be in the press release tomorrow. (time to start a PC petition if it's only for mobile devices, guys! I'll sign it. ;))

Do you know what the game is going to be about then? It's still presumably going to take place exclusively in Genertela?

I know a bit, but it's so early in development that I shouldn't say anything. I'm sure David will explain the structure and context of the game soon.
(it's indeed in very early stages, I'm just now trying to figure out my schedule and I most likely won't start painting till late January)

Best of luck with your work. And please forward our enthusiasm and concerns to David as well.

Gord

Arcane
That link doesn't say that it's iOS only, does it?

The link doesn't say anything, I think. But from what i gathered from his blog entries over the years, he has all but given up anything but iOS.
Of course that might only concern KoDP and he's willing and able to do some multi-platform development with a new project.
I mean, a man can dream, right?

TigerKnee

Arcane
So I got some news that at least the iOS version will go on 50% sale on the 29th (not sure about the Android version)

Gord

Arcane
I've bought it yesterday on the Play store at 50% off.

Plays better than expected on my S4 mini (4.3'', 960x520). Yes, there's often a lot of scrolling, and the text is obscuring much of the pics, but you can tap the screen to hide the text when you want to enjoy the pictures. All in all it's really not that bad even on my relatively low-res screen. I had only time for ~2 hours so far, however.
Game seems to be rather heavy on the battery.

Plays better than expected on my S4 mini (4.3'', 960x520). Yes, there's often a lot of scrolling, and the text is obscuring much of the pics, but you can tap the screen to hide the text when you want to enjoy the pictures. All in all it's really not that bad even on my relatively low-res screen. I had only time for ~2 hours so far, however.

Is it acually up to date with iOS version? I.e. does android also have the latest patch?

Gord

Arcane
Afaik not. The iOS version is so far slightly newer content-wise.

MisterStone

Arcane

I have been playing on a small phone as well; it plays very well. A tiny bit of text clipping here and there, pop up menus partially off screen, but really i have put hours into it so how bad can it be? I even played while standing on the bus this morning.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
AFAIK it's not planned. (David's talking to Jeff Richard of Moon Design a lot, about the concept and details of the particular setting)

makute

Literate
I came to make a snarky post about the lack of updates for the android version, and lo and behold! 1.0.10 is upon us!

Gord

Arcane
And it's got achievements :lol:

And worse, it asks for a fucking Google+ profile every time now. Anyone knows if I can turn that shit off? I'm not interested in the least in something like that.

:negative:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
The Android version plays rather well on Andy-Roid (emulator for PC) btw.

Gord

Arcane
Ok, I wrote their support and allegedly the stupid "Create a public Google+ profile"-question the Android version is now asking every time I start it up (and sometimes during play) will be changed again in the next patch.

laclongquan

Arcane
A bit late to mention, but a game max-crafters play markedly different than other game. You can use goods to solve most of your problem and buy plenty of magical items. You put strongest priority on defence because you dont want to raid other clans and offend your trade partners.

Gord

Arcane
More than half a year later, I still get asked to create a Google+ profile everytime I want to play the Android version...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom