Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King Arthur - The Role Playing Wargame

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Camelot freaks should keep an eye on this. I just watched the new dev diary video. Ok, the guy is talking big, but his game looks promising.
Good decision that they go for a turn based strategy / real time battle system like in Total War.
This has potential to become a really pretty blend of history/fantasy, at least I haven't seen the boner breaker so far.

King Arthur

Features

* Single player (story-based) campaign with 6 dynamically changing episodes
* Open-ended campaign with opposite factions
* Strong storyline
* Turn-based empire building on a 3D map
* Thousands of soldiers in real-time epic battles
* Dozens of different unit types with unique appearance
* LAN and On-line multiplayer: Tactical fight on various battlemaps

KA_CM3_s.jpg

KA_Campaignmap_4seasons_s.jpg

Lyesmith

Liturgist
Looks good.

Still didn't get around Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come, which plays on the same engine.
Anyway, I'm more after this tb/rt combination.

Kron

Arcane
Unless the setting is real-middle ages-heavy, and the gameplay isn't a dumbed down HoM&M, this isn't worth playing.
And from the screens, I can tell the setting will feel something like the recent King's Bounty.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Saw a preview of it in a Dutch magazine and came away with mixed feelings. The graphics are purrdy and the TB part looks nice. The RT battles however sounded a lot like those in that last warhammer fantasy game and the inclusion of rpg aspects sounded a bit fishy. It would seem that in the end you will play a very linear goal driven campaign. We'll see.

Morkar Left

Looks interesting. I hope the overland-map strategy-part isn´t too lightweight. The rpg elements are interesting.

Michael Ellis

Scholar
Project: Eternity
Trash said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/introduction-developer-king-arthur/54025

It actually looks pretty neat. Might be worth keeping an eye out for.

The lightning bolt strike on the hillside for some unknown reason made me think of Bungie's Myth : )

NotAnAlt said:
I'm probably missing something, but isn't this just total war in a different setting?

You're missing the knights of the round table, the C&C quests, the ahh pee gee and the magic. Just watch the fucking video.

kris

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
Actually it's closer to Warlords, or Master of Magic.

teh strategic map and the real time battles are very close to total war. Warlords really is much simpler. MoM just wins on the magic part. almost a bit strange they have so much magic ina Arthur setting considering magic users didnt sit on every street corner there.

For the last time, watch the fucking video. Quests and dungeons on the fucking strategic map is nothing like Total War.

kris

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
For the last time, watch the fucking video. Quests and dungeons on the fucking strategic map is nothing like Total War.

i watched the video. Added features doesn't make it dissimilar to total war. Just like how MoM is similar to civilization. do you have some irrational hate for total war when you must distinguish it from it.

Total War rules. A Fantasy spin off of that with some lite RPG elements would also be cool. Where's the problem?

kris said:
Emotional Vampire said:

i watched the video. Added features doesn't make it dissimilar to total war.

Okay, okay, I get it, you never played MoM or Warlords, so you'd rather use the "It's like Total War... with quests and magic!" comparision. This is the new shit, after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom