Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed King Arthur II : Katawa Legions

anus_pounder

Arcane
11.jpg

This is the only choice :salute:

This. :bro:

Erebus

Arcane
Let's ally with the rebels. There's no point in helping a crazy queen who's going to hate us no matter what.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Chapter 17: Rise and Fall of the Malahauts

01.jpg

sep.jpg
I've made up my mind, clearly what our closest allies, Quintus and Severus family want is a quick resolution to the conflict. We'll side with the rebels to topple the Queen.

The battle begins. The Prince of the Malahauts attacks the Queen's guards, weakening them severely.

02.jpg

03.jpg

Now it's the Sulla's army turn.

04.jpg

The terrain favors the Malahaut forces. With two Lightning shrines under their control, the Sulla Army will have to brave bolts of lightning under no cover as they get bogged down by the heavy rain.

05.jpg

Many Sulla men gave their lives that day.

06.jpg

07.jpg

sep.jpg
That did not go according to plan..but we are victorious.
leg.jpg
Aye milord, sometimes fortune does not favor us...
sep.jpg
It is no matter, victory shall be honored, while losses merely remembered.
leg.jpg
Indeed, here comes the Prince and his delegates with their tributes.
prince.jpg
Thank you, men of Sulla for assisting us in toppling the...I mean, my mother. Here is our tribute. We're looking forward to sign a treaty with your family soon.
08.jpg

sep.jpg
Only 500 gold?!
prince.jpg
We did let you loot the royal treasury...
sep.jpg
A piece of gold each for every Sulla men who died here is not even enough! I DEMAND SATISFACTION!
prince.jpg
I'm warning you - your army is severely depleted, why ruin our relation over such trivia-
sep.jpg
TRIVIAL? TO ARMS! SULLA VICTUS!
09.jpg

leg.jpg
This is not a very wise decision, milord. With our army state as it is...
sep.jpg
They have no archers. STEEL TURTLE FORMATION! FOR ROME! FOR EBORACUM!
10.jpg

Both armies met in the field, this time on open plains, devoid of the Lightning shrine. Septimus' plan is simple. He will smash the offending army with his legion's heavy infantry. Spears will cover the flank, while the Cavalry small remain as mobile walls. The heavily wounded Auxiliaries will remain hidden behind as reserves.

11.jpg

sep.jpg
This is our moment of glory! HOLD THE LINE! I SHALL ADVANCE!

Septimus Sulla is a man of his word, and he charges forth as his Legions cheered for his victory.

12.jpg

sep.jpg
COME AT ME, MALAHAUTS! THE CHAMPION OF EBORACUM CHALENGES YOU!

The Malahauts responded by splitting their army into three directions.

13.jpg

Roman Cavalry quickly switches flanks to cover the right flank.

14.jpg

Enemies have started to engage on three points. Septimus takes on 240 men with only 20 by his side.

15.jpg

A storm breaks out as the enemy cavalry charges at the right flank, our Cavalry ready to meet them head on.

16.jpg

Trouble on the left flank.

17.jpg

18.jpg

The spare Sulla Cavalry at the center is diverted towards the right flank, while a horn signal was given to the Auxiliaries to charge.

19.jpg

A last minute change of plan as they broke through the left flank.

20.jpg

sep.jpg
IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT?!

21.jpg

prince.jpg
Impossible! We're being overwhelmed?!

22.jpg

The Sulla archers, unable to participate, pulls out of the center, having played their role of the bait, perfectly.

23.jpg

The left and frontal assault of the Malahauts collapse, and our army can now focus on the right flank.

24.jpg

Victory for the Sullas!

25.jpg

26.jpg

sep.jpg
All mine.

RK47

Patron
Chapter 18: The Warlord

With the defeat of the Malahaut Prince, the territory now rightfully belongs to the Sulla. This will also enable the Sulla army to reinforce itself from within the territory.

01.jpg

01a.jpg

Valerius Pera is a Warlord. As such, his skill revolves around supporting soldiers near him. But that doesn't mean he is unable to participate in battles on the field. The Circle of Command ability enables him to restore the army's morale for every moment they are close to him.

02.jpg

Soldiers facing him in close combat will also have to contend with his Lightning Strikes. As he struck a soldier, a shocking pain will spread throughout his opponents. Not as deadly as Septimus' cleave, but useful nonetheless.

Several of the veteran Sulla's troops are ready for special training.

03.jpg

This cavalry is capable of choosing between Haste, a temporary boost of speed or Masterwork weapons. We chose the former.

04.jpg

These archers will train themselves on firing two arrows at once. They can only use this for a limited only, and will prove useful when performing ambushes.

05.jpg

During the winter, the Sullas take advantage of the Lore increase to research Master Blacksmiths for Heavy Infantry and Archers.

06.jpg

The Guild of Outlaws informs us that they are unable to perform assassination contracts until Spy centres are built. We grant them their request, hoping to employ these dastardly folks in the future.

07.jpg

The newly captured Malahaut region has a Town to develop, we construct a Scriptorium to increase our Empire's Lore.

Winter season ends...

08.jpg

The Sentinels have come forward for an offer. Sensing that perhaps this is the best opportunity to court the Sentinels' favor, Septimus accepts the proposal.

09.jpg

Spring arrives.

10.jpg

Deciding to focus his efforts on clearing the Marauders in Rome lands, Septimus marches his troop towards the Southern Knights army.

11.jpg

Crusaders - with full complement of archers and Lionhearts. This might prove difficult.

12.jpg

No matter. The presence of Valerius means we have two solid front-liners to make a frontal assault while our Heavy infantry perform defensive duties. Archers will rain death from the back as Cavalry wait for the right time to charge from the right flank.

13.jpg

Septimus and Valerius leads the charge with two Legionaries company in support.

14.jpg

Septimus' Winds of the North claims many victims as his sword slashes every living thing near him. Near him, Valerius Lightning Strikes brought immeasurable amount of pain into the enemies.

15.jpg

The line looks steady as our archers commence their volleys. The cavalry given the signal to charge from the right.

16.jpg

Their Crusaders know there's no way through our line.

17.jpg

The Sulla cavalry collides with the enemy as they take heavy archer fire.

18.jpg

Septimus and Valerius charge onwards at the retreating longbowmen. Sulla Cavalry sustain moderate casualties and is forced to withdraw to a safe distance.

19.jpg

The Lionhearts threw their bodies forward to stop Septimus' advance, to no avail.

20.jpg

There is nowhere to retreat for the enemy with their leaders dead.

21.jpg

Sulla Archers are delivering the killing blow at the fleeing crusaders.

22.jpg

They raised their shield for the last time, succumbing after three volleys.

23.jpg

24.jpg

Only the Sulla cavalry suffered any meaningful losses, their lack of armor is costing them dearly.

Later, after the battle...

val.jpg
Septimus. I think you would be interested in this news...
sep.jpg
Tell me, Valerius.
25.jpg

val.jpg
Our spies have discovered the location of Publius, the exiled champion. I must warn you though, the area is notorious with escaped slaves...If our friend is there, he might be a captive or a fellow refugee.
sep.jpg
Whatever the case, I need him in my army. Let's get him back.
26.jpg

sep.jpg
What is this? Who is this man?
val.jpg
Mmmm..he appears to be one of the escaped slaves. He may know something.
27.jpg

A glint escapes Valerius' eyes.

val.jpg
May I have a moment, Septimus?
sep.jpg
What is it?

Valerius begins to speak in a softer voice.

val.jpg
We should let him go, let him carry a message to his leader. Then we'll follow him to the source.
sep.jpg
Not a bad plan...but I'm sure we can make this coward talk...
val.jpg
The choice is yours, Commander.

Voting time:
Should we employ guile/diplomacy or resort to brutal methods to accomplish our goal?

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
diplomacy/guile :obviously:

Assuming Publius is a fellow refugee, I'd imagine he'd be more willing to join up if we don't needlessly stir shit up.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
There's something that's been confusing me. You realise you're playing Dead Legions and not actually Arthur 2, right? Because apparently Dead Legion is some kind of dlc-expansion pack to Arthur 2. You play as the son of Arthur in Arthur 2. I really don't understand this shit. They released the two at the same time? There's more confusion for me because you keep refering to this as the main game.

GreyViper

Prophet
There's something that's been confusing me. You realise you're playing Dead Legions and not actually Arthur 2, right? Because apparently Dead Legion is some kind of dlc-expansion pack to Arthur 2. You play as the son of Arthur in Arthur 2. I really don't understand this shit. They released the two at the same time? There's more confusion for me because you keep refering to this as the main game.
Its a DLC, a well done DLC I might add. Had a flashback of Rome Total War few times and overall the campagin feels somewhat diffrent from main game. Since in main campagin has you fighting against fomorians.

Back to game its important that Publius joins Sulla army, since the upgrades he brings are important for upcomming fights.
Edit. Is it even possible to finish the full upgrade tree in Dead Legion, because the events keep going faster and faster toward conqlusion?

kazgar

Arcane
another vote for trickery err diplomacy.

i've been enjoying this LP, pretty unique setup and atmosphere, it feels like going back to arthur and his various shenanigans will be a step down.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Diplomacy, there's no point in (needless) torture.

i've been enjoying this LP, pretty unique setup and atmosphere, it feels like going back to arthur and his various shenanigans will be a step down.

Bad news for you bro, you don't even get to play as Arthur himself ! The main campaign focuses on his son. :(

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex

Bad news for you bro, you don't even get to play as Arthur himself ! The main campaign focuses on his son. :(

To be fair, you didn't play Arthur in the first game either - or rather, you played him like you play laptop guy in JA2. In the second game and in Dead legion, you play directly one of the heroes you control, which I suppose gives a more rp flavour to the game. And indeed, the sequel seems to be more designed as a rpg than a strategy game, which comes with its plus and minuses. I'm looking forward to playing it myself, I'm really impressed by this add-on (I won't taint it by calling it a dlc)

anus_pounder

Arcane

To be fair, you didn't play Arthur in the first game either - or rather, you played him like you play laptop guy in JA2. In the second game and in Dead legion, you play directly one of the heroes you control, which I suppose gives a more rp flavour to the game. And indeed, the sequel seems to be more designed as a rpg than a strategy game, which comes with its plus and minuses. I'm looking forward to playing it myself, I'm really impressed by this add-on (I won't taint it by calling it a dlc)

Waiting to get a new PC (eventually), first. KA2 runs like utter shit on my current PC. I absolutely love the music though, almost worth buying for that alone.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Argh, damn you people! This LP made me reinstall and replay KA1, and now I'm close to buying KA2 as well. :rpgcodex: Gods know I don't have time for more games on my to-do list, but I'll probably give in like wet paper anyways and buy this game. Darnit..

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I've heard KA2 is supposed to be a bit of a mess, but I'm a sucker for romans. (A less retarded italian, from a more civilized time).

Speaking as someone who played neither KA1 or 2, which of the two games should I get if I only plan to get one of them?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Go for KA1, cheaper, more polished, an enjoyable experience for sure. Whereas the current reviews on KA2 suggest a plethora of bugs, som game-breaking ones.

Then, once you've enjoyed KA1 and are ready for the next fix, that's when you go for KA2. :smug:

RK47

Patron
Definitely KA. The combat felt much more brutal in there. I don't know if it's a roman army type, but combat seems slower now due to the infantry focus. Last time magick is overpowered as fuck. KA2, aside from the lightning shrines, I can breathe a little easier.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Simple advice for lessening the effect of magick in KA: get a knight with the Soul Mirror skill (Sir Ywain for instance) and keep it switched on the whole battle. That will negate enemy spells, and if you feel cheesy doing this, you can just refrain from casting spells yourself and it should even out. :M

RK47

Patron
Chapter 19: The Champion

01.jpg

val.jpg
Only a matter of time.
02.jpg

sep.jpg
I'll sneak into their camp.
03.jpg

sep.jpg
Should be a simple matter of casting a spell over these tired guards...

Your magic is powerful, though you still have to get used to the crawling sensation under your skin. But it's effective; the guards look sleepy and heedless to begin with, and your magic increases their fatigue. Soon they are asleep. You can walk to the tent in the middle.

sep.jpg
I should get to the back of the tent and cut through the flaps.

04.jpg

sep.jpg
Let's study the scrolls.

The scrolls list the slaves brought here by their leader, Publius. He bought them on the slave markets and from the noble families, then made them free men. Publius gathered the money from hunting down local bandits and barbarian hordes crossing the region.

sep.jpg
Such a noble man...

You don't fail to see the irony in this: you still remember how proud the Senators were when they boasted of the public safety on the road of New Rome. The last scroll lists the slaves from the Sulla estates who found refuge here.

sep.jpg
Was he behind the attack on my family? I must find him and demand some answers.

05.jpg

sep.jpg
Damnation!

They must have been more confused than you thought. They're stumbling about in the darkness and you don't have to resort to violence. Your arcane abilities are sufficient enough to let you slip through their ranks. You return to your camp and order your army to move.

06.jpg

sep.jpg
Halt. I wish to negotiate.
val.jpg
A wise decision, Publius is a good commander and it would be a loss to both sides if we clash.

You gather your officers and ride forth. Publius does the same. You meet halfway, where you both dismount and exchange formal greetings.

sep.jpg
Publius Carbo.
pub.jpg
Sulla Commander.
sep.jpg
I came here looking for you, Publius. Eboracum needs you to command a new legion. The Picts are coming and our armies are full of inexperienced boys. What's past is past. I am Septimus Sulla and I give you my word that you'll be pardoned for everything you've done.
07.jpg

sep.jpg
I know that. But you used to be a Commander of the Legions! Your duty is to protect New Rome!
08.jpg

sep.jpg
This, I know, too. You've done much good, Publius. And I also believe that you could serve me well. Join me!

Publius takes his time, but he finally nods.

pub.jpg
I...I've done what I can here. Just promise me, you will leave my men out of this. I shall serve New Rome as best as I could.
sep.jpg
You have my word.
09.jpg

leg.jpg
Sire, these are former slaves...should we really let them go?
sep.jpg
My name is Septimus Sulla, and I am a man of my word. Let his people go.
pub.jpg
Thank you, Commander.
10.jpg

Music: Battle Preparations 02

11.jpg

12.jpg

The Former Commander of the Legion whips the men into Shape. Sulla Sagittarius, Auxiliary Veterans and Lancers were trained in matter of days. The famed Sulla Legion is shaped into the hardened Praetorians.

13.jpg

What's more, the Heavy Cavalry has become available for recruitment. They move slower, but can absorb more hits and their heavy armour will deflect arrows more easily.

14.jpg

Publius Carlo is a Champion. We'll have third front liner and his Braveheart trait gives 40% combat exp bonus. One of the best Champion trait.

15.jpg

Standard Cleave aside, his secondary skill differs from Septimus. His blessing will inspire his troops to do double damage for a limited period of time. Consequent ranks will give an additional 50% and longer duration. To a maximum of +200%! This, on top of cleave. EXTREMUS MAXIMUS!

16.jpg

We visit the Sulla Forge to craft the Blessed Shield of Chance for our newest champion. This will harden his personal bodyguards and grant him minor regeneration.

pub.jpg
Your legion is ready, Commander.
sep.jpg
Excellent.

17.jpg

sep.jpg
It's time.
18.jpg

RK47

Patron
They're still in reserve. Funny how reserve works. They can only be taken out from castles. But if you complete quest sometimes you can just grab it straight from the pop out reserve.

Anyway, that screenshot is dated back. Cause the whole Pict shit started before I grab Pub. it explains why my army is still not upgrded. It figured it made the story flow better if the Picts arrived after I got my 2 officers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom