Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Killing Floor 2

sser

Arcane
Developer
95 hit locations, but all I shoot is the head. :smug:

Cadmus

Arcane
The graphics still look like shit..
I guess the game can be good like KF1 at least, so uhm not incline but a level plane maybe.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I never found aiming hard in KF. Headshot city all the way. I even played medic and learned to hip-fire the heals. Maybe the sequel will change that, since they talk about enemies being more dexterous in their attacks.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have never played this game, I always thought it was the same style as Left 4 Dead? Which I found one of the most boring shooters, ever.

Is it not like that at all?

Astral Rag

Arcane
I have never played this game, I always thought it was the same style as Left 4 Dead? Which I found one of the most boring shooters, ever.

Is it not like that at all?

Not at all. KF is wave-based (10 waves on hard with a final round with end boss at the end) and has much better gunplay. KF also has an xp system and different perks. http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Perks

KF is a no nonsense skill based FPS, it's one of the finest shooters of the past decade IMO.

Looks like I still have an extra copy, you can have it if you're interested.

Last edited:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Thanks, but am sure I bought got the humble bundle with the game in it somewhere last year, so I will just have to retrieve the key and I might fire it up sometime soon!

Stoked for this, love me some Killing Floor. I hope they don't try to oversaturate the game with new features and mechanics though, it's pretty much co-op shooter nirvana already as is. They need to keep the cheesy B-movie atmosphere as well, probably my favourite thing about it.

anus_pounder

Arcane

zwanzig_zwoelf

:bounce: Going to buy so many copies of this for myself and my bros I'll break the global economy.
Bitch, you owe me a copy now.
Thanks.

Get out.
B-but I thought we were friends! How could you...
:cry:

You thought wrong. Ignored. :kfc:

Seriously though, I can't gift stuff if you aren't on my steam friends list :wink wink:
I am there, Willie.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Its the rare game where you either play as a team or you all die. I really loved KF the forced teamwork with mostly pub morons. It was a win against adversity on two fronts! Also, I'll be buying this within a week of it's release, sooner if it comes with TF2 hats, later if early reviews say it sucks.

Here's footage apparently using in-game assets (only some specimens are featured):

I'm glad that Tripwire appear to have kept the FP's sound and visual design somewhat intact.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I just hope they won't go overboard with unlockable DLC like they are doing these days. I'm fine with skins and cosmetic stuff but weapons? Bloody hell no.

I just hope they won't go overboard with unlockable DLC like they are doing these days. I'm fine with skins and cosmetic stuff but weapons? Bloody hell no.

Agreed. I'm concerned by the lack of Scrakes and a few other classic specimens present in the promotional material thus far - hopefully TWI are just holding them all back for a big reveal.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
They don't need to bring everything back. I'm more interested in seeing a good roster of monsters that can change the situation in a moment. If it means getting rid of an old favourite and put in a new one, so be it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom