Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Killing Floor 2

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
People are idiots. And I have no idea why you're so bent out of shape with cosmetics. Microtransactions aren't an issue when they have zero impact on gameplay.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Unfinished game pushing out microtransactions is very Chris Taylor-y. That's certainly an association you want to give your fans.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I didn't expect KF2 to be done anytime in the next year or two notwithstanding this addition. Doesn't really bother me... especially since I stopped buying early access games. You all should consider doing the same.

Just noticed the shared content feature, too. Pretty cool that if someone DOES buy/have content DLC then EVERYONE playing on the server can access it regardless of whether or not they have it.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Welcome to KF:GO, admission is only $30, please leave your dignity at the entrance.

Last edited:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
why would anything good ever happen?
2zQ7r2l.png

If you must have cosmetic/side-grade content the KF1 model for is perfectly reasonable - why change it for a trash market that attracts the gambling crowd?

A slow but steady dev cycle for Early Access is ok if the content updates are of a high quality but not if dev time is being wasted implementing a garbage microtransaction item market before the base game is even close to finished.

Distasteful and disappointing. Shame on Tripwire Interactive. They will reap what they sow.

Edit: FFS Tripwire exist as they are today pretty much due to community goodwill. Why would they sacrifice it all on the altar of microtransactions for a chance at a likely very small slice of that market. It is so monumentally stupid, even without the recent Payday 2 fiasco.

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
It all depends on how they implement their scam, if they throw their crate BS in my face after every round I'm definitely done with this game and with this company, if they make it a toggleable option (yeah right) I'll continue playing.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
If it's purely cosmetic, I don't see the big deal. The problem is when you hide gameplay stuff behind DLC.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Overkill started two years ago by saying they would have no microtransactions in Payday 2, then gradually made more and more money grabbing attempts until microtransactions were exactly what they put in. They already had cosmetic DLC and a huge skinner box metagame, and eventually they got into fucking with weapon stats and hoping players would pay more. Here, they're starting right off, before release, with cosmetic microtransactions already. I haven't followed either game intently, but it seems like that's 75% along the track that Payday 2 has already taken. Call me crazy, but it's not going to take much modification to this system to fuck over the game in the same way that Payday fans have come to hate.

Astral Rag

Arcane
If it's purely cosmetic, I don't see the big deal. The problem is when you hide gameplay stuff behind DLC.

Selling cosmetic items through the (Steam) store is one thing but this RNG-driven paid lottery is something else entirely. I mean players can't just buy the items they want but instead have to take part in some retarded anti-consumer crate BS.

Also, I'm afraid we will be bombarded with this nonsense before, during and after every game and god only knows what kind of hilarious items they're about to crap out into their "Crate Economy". But who cares about consistency and atmosphere.
After all, games are so much more fun when your characters can wear many different types of funny hats.

Many of these items are user-made so in some way this is just a more sleazy variant of paid mods.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sounds like you're just buttburt you won't be guaranteed to get your pretty princess pink shotgun skin.

Astral Rag

Arcane
"But its ok because it is only cosmeticish and honestly its not liek they are forcing you to buy it or sumthing so why are u crying?
Making gamez is not cheap you know."

-Random Steamtard

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
This is a free to play weekend for the game. I played a game on Normal. Seemed alright, I guess. I got pretty annoyed at how the medic's heal gun now kinda auto-aims at people. Leveling still seems super fucking slow so that's not cool at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom