Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Phelot

Arcane
Yes, ooga, Renwood (Vindicator on the Tain), and to a lesser extent Road, are pretty well known to be shysters. What is baffling is that they would use their same handles after all the drama they've been through. I think they were hoping not to draw the attention of the dedicated community and instead draw on the larger Myth fan mass to get funded i.e. people that wouldn't know any better. Don't know why they picked having like 15 day funding other than that they wanted this over with quickly and hoped they could get the 450K and run

They should have used IndieGoGo for their scamming needs :lol:

In any case, Take 2 has apparently been informed.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Looks like Haunts: The Manse Macabre is in a spot of trouble.

Sorry for the long delay in updates, and special apologies to those who have emailed or commented in the last week and to whom I haven’t yet replied. As I’m sure many of you suspect, things haven’t been going well for Haunts and Mob Rules Games. I am still determined to get the game out, but I no longer have any way of knowing when and how that will happen.

The principal cause for our dire condition is that there are no longer any programmers working on the game. Our lead programmer, Jonathan, was always going to move on to something else after a year or so. We had hoped that he would be able to work on the game in his spare time, but now that he’s going back at Google, he has told us that his spare time will be very minimal and not enough to make progress on the game. Our second programmer, Josh, has quit the project entirely to take another job. He does not want to work on the game in his spare time.

The game as it stands has all the systems in place, but there are a lot of bugs. Knowing Jonathan would be leaving, the plan had been to get online play working and release the Beta, with Josh working to make the levels run in online play and scripting the AI for the single player versions of those levels.

Unfortunately, getting online play working took three times longer than estimated (instead of the twice as long as estimated I’d been counting on). It also required making adjustments to programming for all the levels, even when they’re not being played online. With no one left on the project who is capable of implementing those changes and debugging them during testing, the game is in a very patchwork state. In some cases, levels that once worked fine now have serious issues. Fixing those issues would require fixes both to the level programming and the core system programming, working in tandem.

But now it’s just me and Austin. Austin has finished up the art content for the initial release of the game, but he’s not a programmer. I’m not a programmer either. Although I know some small amount about how the level programming works, I’m not capable at this point of fixing the bugs I know about. This is further complicated by the fact that the game is written in the Go programming language, which is not widely used, limiting the pool of potential new programmers.

[...]

Read more here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2066438441/haunts-the-manse-macabre/posts/331425?ref=activity

Big shame, though this is one of those unforeseen circumstances that occurs in the development process, rather than reckless expenditure on retarded shit. Good thing I only pledged $5, but I hope they pull through this mess nonetheless.

Yeah, and Haunts looked pretty damn interesting and the art-style is unique. At least project leader is offering to pay back the donations, so he seems like a decent fella.

PosledniKovboj

Scholar
Looks like Haunts: The Manse Macabre is in a spot of trouble.

Read more here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2066438441/haunts-the-manse-macabre/posts/331425?ref=activity

Big shame, though this is one of those unforeseen circumstances that occurs in the development process, rather than reckless expenditure on retarded shit. Good thing I only pledged $5, but I hope they pull through this mess nonetheless.

Also, from what I read, the game is written in Go, which is the biggest reason why he doesnt have somebody else lined up for this; nobody uses that shit, ever. Wrong decision in the first place, but I imagine that was also done by the retardo programmer.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
God damn Kickstarter will make me broke. In a few hours i spent 50 dollars for Strike Suit Zero and Chris Robert's Star Citizen (I couldn't resist any longer to the latter). I'm out of my mind. I spend a lot of money on games that I can not play for 2 years. But I don't care, I'd rather spent on these and support the incline than suck up to the decline of today's mainstream games. Man, this is the start of the next golden age of PC gaming. Feels good man.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
New, awesome looking arcadey space sim on kickstarter. Strike Suit Zero. The game is almost finished, devs ask for 100K for polishing up the game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43153532/strike-suit-zero
Massive. Fucking. Boner.

Yeah but what the hell does this mean in the $50 reward tier?

Not only will you get the game, digital art-book, soundtrack AND additional content,...

So people who pledge less than $50 don't get the full game? Fuck them.

PosledniKovboj

Scholar
Shaker epilogue update
Ultimately, our pitch just wasn't strong enough to get the traction we felt it needed to thrive. Sure, it may have made it. We could have fought our way to a possibly successful end. In reading your feedback and talking it over internally, however, we decided that it made more sense to kill it and come back with something stronger.
In game design, mercy killing is the law.
In other words, they could have raised the missing 70 percent of cash if they wanted to. More news at eleven.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
New, awesome looking arcadey space sim on kickstarter. Strike Suit Zero. The game is almost finished, devs ask for 100K for polishing up the game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43153532/strike-suit-zero

What's suppose to be so great about this? It looks like it has overdone effects. Expect lame TRON contrails.
It's a petty if all that you see is the graphics having overdone effects. I see a possiby good space fighter game with mecha features. Of course I'm not a graphics whore. :smug:

almondblight

Arcane
Kickstarter game that was funded doesnt have anyone who can make the game now, someone pledged 7k to it too lol.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...is-out-of-money-as-programmers-call-it-quits/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2066438441/haunts-the-manse-macabre

A 7k pledge that happened to just get the game funded (look here), when no one else was pledging nearly that amount. A single pledge that covers 1/4 of the total funds raised. Like Jack Houston, I suspect that the developers very well may have put the money in to get them over the finish line.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom