Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1537596976/shattered-tale-of-the-forgotten-king

0839f46c1aee30f3d46c1f181945ec0a_original.png

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!

:obviously: tabletop RPG inspired by X-COM rather than nusexcum. Finally, X-COM in tabletop format (FFG's board game doesn't count)

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Planet Explorers has been released from early access.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1757963851/planet-explorers/posts/1732015
Planet Explorers Final 1.0 Released on Steam
13 Comments
"">
18 likes
And here we are, after two and half years in Early Access, we're finally ready to release the game on Steam. This does not mark the end of development for this title, we will continue to bug fix, tweak, and update this title for at least another half a year, after that it will depend on sales. We plan to continue to add more side stories to both adventure and story mode. We're also looking into putting in features that were left out of the final build, such as animal riding.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
GF-wallpaper-forest.jpg

Grimm Forest - A Co-op Survival Game with Hidden Roles
Grimm Forest is a cooperative survival game in which the players have to work together to protect their settlement in a cursed forest.

Crazy ambitious post-apocalyptic cooperative "town" game with lots of different roles, decisions, activities. Games take place over the course of real time weeks. I'm not sure if it will develop a big enough player base to really work, but if it does it will be pretty wild.

This originally caught my eye because Julian Gollop backed it. If you back, please use my referral link.

EDIT: Although the Kickstarter page doesn't give a lot of info about moment-to-moment gameplay, there are a number of informative articles on their blog.

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
GF-wallpaper-forest.jpg

Grimm Forest - A Co-op Survival Game with Hidden Roles
Grimm Forest is a cooperative survival game in which the players have to work together to protect their settlement in a cursed forest.

Crazy ambitious post-apocalyptic cooperative "town" game with lots of different roles, decisions, activities. Games take place over the course of real time weeks. I'm not sure if it will develop a big enough player base to really work, but if it does it will be pretty wild.

This originally caught my eye because Julian Gollop backed it. If you back, please use my referral link.

EDIT: Although the Kickstarter page doesn't give a lot of info about moment-to-moment gameplay, there are a number of informative articles on their blog.
This Kickstarter is failing, but for today only they're offering the game for a €9 pledge (down from a pretty outrageous €19). So pledge today, you're not going to get charged anyway and it will make them feel better.

Zombra

Patron

$1 Canadian to get the game. A "weekend jam" type special, though he's actually been working on it a couple months. Fantasy adventure all about choice and consequence.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meriwether/meriwether-an-american-epic/comments
Sortasoft LLC Creator 3 days ago
Quick update from our programmer, Kyle: Hi guys! Since the project is now largely waiting on me to finish up my work, I figured it was appropriate to give you a direct update on how things are coming. The good news is that the design / content is finally Done(TM), with only a small handful of fixes left for Josh and Carlos on that side of things. My plate has also gotten considerably smaller in the last few months, and I'm pretty excited to share the next build with everyone. Among the myriad of bug fixes and general improvements to the game I've made some big steps on the performance side. This build will have actual quality levels with a much larger impact on performance than the previous options available from the launcher. I'll be sending an internal build around at the end of today for testing within our small group and I hope to make that build available to everyone on Friday through Humble. I'll make sure we post another comment when that happens. I'll try and personally pop into the comments here with more frequent, small updates on how things are progressing.

almondblight

Arcane

Slopes just put out another

Nice that he's giving Yogventures their own video. That was one of the most blatant "take the money and run" situations.

He should have mentioned Gabe Newell in the Clang video, though, and the fact that the Clang demo is like a broken pre-alpha:

Fairfax

Arcane
Clang was a failure, but at least they offered refunds (I got all my money back). Very different to Kickstarter scams.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom