Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Fine

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/search?term=rpg

Add them all, who cares if they're relevant to the interests of this site or not

And these, and these, and these

EDIT: Although, that said, Ulminati's kind of right in that we should be talking about COMPUTER GAMES, which is what I should have said in the first place, not just CRPGs
I apologise for expressing myself badly

Kz3r0

Arcane
The criteria are quite obvious, projects that get the Codex' attention, principally projects with a dedicated news post in the apposite section, or threads started by Codexers in other sections of the forum that got enough attention.
Also, if all the links point to Codex' threads how you ever thought that this was just a list of all kickstarter projects?

If you only want to make an index of the popular threads, I'm fine with that. But I might as well use the forum to see which threads are popular.

Popular is not the correct term, Kickstarter projects that have attracted Codex attention, and they are quite dispersed, however, do what suits you best.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Sure I will.

I suggest that someone, Kz3r0 or someone else makes a thread about relevant kickstarter game projects, ordered by genre / funding / relevance / completion, and that it be made sticky. The purpose that people can quickly get an overview without getting lost.

But please no list with the 5 or 6 major projects that everyone knows anyway, with some random projects thrown in.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
we should be talking about COMPUTER GAMES, which is what I should have said in the first place

The few board game threads that crop up get moved to GG. Same with discussion of P&P systems. You may not like it, but the precedent for non-digital games in general gaming is there.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
So what? Is there any reason to add any (very commonplace) P&P kickstarter projects to this thread when, as you have implied, these are of limited interest to the members of this forum?

Kz3r0

Arcane
What's people opinion about Ortus?
It's been cited in the Double Fine thread but never get a thread of its own.
By the description it should be codex approved, even if there are some caveat.
They emphasize C&C but thrown in romances too.
The perspective is top down isometric but the combat is real time.
They are professional but usually produce casual games and use flash.
Anny thought?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
fo realz though, add this one, it seems legit and like it would be of interest to Codex dwellers

Video giving an indication that actual work has been and is being done: Check.
Pretty graphics: Check.
Customizable ships: Check.
Attempts to do something new or unusual: Check
Devs don't seem to act like giant douchebags: Check.

They have my vote.

And my jewgoldz.

AAAADJ7ozSkAAAAAAFt32Q20110724-22047-1tf4abs.jpg

Kz3r0

Arcane
fo realz though, add this one, it seems legit and like it would be of interest to Codex dwellers

Video giving an indication that actual work has been and is being done: Check.
Pretty graphics: Check.
Customizable ships: Check.
Attempts to do something new or unusual: Check
Devs don't seem to act like giant douchebags: Check.

They have my vote.

And my jewgoldz.

The REZ of RTS, interesting.

I will see if is the case to add a section dedicated to interesting projects even if they are not covered on the forum, if people will recommend them, obviously.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's people opinion about Ortus?
It's been cited in the Double Fine thread but never get a thread of its own.
By the description it should be codex approved, even if there are some caveat.
They emphasize C&C but thrown in romances too.
The perspective is top down isometric but the combat is real time.
They are professional but usually produce casual games and use flash.
Anny thought?

Well, they're mostly producers of flash games and clips, and it's obvious from the style of the game that it's flash. But it doesn't look bad. Also, they made the Larry series, which is a pretty funny flash cartoon, so...

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Damn, I was just going to post that.

And cool video. Jane's stepdaughter is cute and a fine invidual. :)

Kz3r0

Arcane
Added the signaled projects, probably I will add a specific section for graphic adventures, let's hope that the RPG section will expand as well.

Kz3r0

Arcane
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005365109/jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-2012-2013-csg
:bounce:
Little worried about the Dan Brown/Casual angle of advertising but fuckit, I rate this bounce.
The whole video is a reference to her previous games, Dan Brown is cited in reference to Gabriel Knight 3 that came before the Da Vinci Code, it is more of a jab than an advertising move.

Heavily edited the OP, things could change again based on feedback and number of projects.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Why is this project getting the cold shoulder from everyone? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/732317316/starlight-inceptiontm/
Is it cause of the Space Combat Sim genre or is it the Vita thing?
Probably the mention of Star Wars Battlegrounds scared away everyone, the fact that the basic concept resembles COD Future Modern Warfare doesn't help either, that crowd is already swimming in the games they like, with higher production values too.
Besides the presentation is just lame CGI without any clear explanation on what kind of game he want to do, I just assume that it would be a first person space shooter with RTS elements, but this is just a wild guess on my part.
Anyone looked at aura tactics?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1432779589/aura-tactics?ref=card

Already funded, so not a huge issue (and a small target) but having asynchronous rpg type thing with multiplayer could be fun.

can't install unity right now.
It seem interesting, even if it looks more like a strategy game than an RPG, I will add it to the list just because the lead designer ia neckbeard, NERD POWAH.

Kz3r0

Arcane
If Dead State is up, put MCA Kickstarter up too, because I WANT TO BELIEVE
I added the links to the discussion threads made by Villain of the Story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom