Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

What is the business model of the game? Extra scenarios or figurines bundle are buyable with real or ingame money?

Same as a whole game, we took our business model from ccg and wargames mostly like MTG or Warhammer. We've planned to charge a fixed price for our game, Starter Pack of figurines and cards and Grand campaign. All other items (unit packs, cards boosters and scenario packs) will be buyable with both in-game currency and real money.
Still there are some items you can get only in-game for various events, by completing campaign chapters or winning tournaments.

We still have a Limited edition for our backers with more of everything. More and better figurines, cards, paints, in-game coins and so on..

Their proposed model of selling lots of DLC is a big minus.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Nekro has been removed from Steam Early access.
Possibly something to do with this
49890c9d3d.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/app/246400/discussions/0/371919771763665195/
Klegran [developer] 13 Apr @ 10:46pm
Yes, I told everyone I would be making an announcement as to the status of the game. The posting of personal and / or slanderous information will not be tolorated in any fashion. All posts of this nature will be deleted.

e.
Klegran [developer] 13 Apr @ 11:47pm
This ^ The game is currently in a holding pattern. I see no point in furthering any discussion about anything really concerning the game. The ability to purchase the game has been brought down as a sign or respect to those who would purchase the game thinking it's in an active state. I said I would be making an annoucement about the state of the game and I still intend to do that.

Last edited:

almondblight

Arcane
Damn, that one guy embodies KS idiocy. "We gave Scott the money to make the game; after a while I realized he wasn't making it. Make him give me the assets so I can finish it (by dumping the assets on the cheapest programmer I can find and having the same shit happen all over again)."

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Some people really are too stupid to live, god, how can a sane person be that trusting?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Well, maybe setting up accounts that not only one person controls in the first place maybe. People always leave companies, and sometimes in a huff, you never delegate this kind of access to a single person

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Well, maybe setting up accounts that not only one person controls in the first place maybe.
Are you 100% certain this is possible in Steam, do you have verified information? Because I don't.
Yes, of course it's possible as it's counter-productive to have one person controlling everything.

how can a sane person be that trusting?
What exactly could he have done? They've got a company with 50-50 shares, but only one guy has the steam account that controls the game.
In the grown up world a company with 50/50 shares doesn't mean that one of the shareholders gets to take 50% of all the revenues coming in. It means that he's entitled to 50% of what's left after the product has been released, all obligations met, taxes paid, tomorrow's bills accounted for, etc.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh, I'm sure they can also do a one man structure for tiny indies. No reason these guys wouldn't have set it up with one email address if it was just two friends in a basement. It's not a nuclear submarine.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
if it was just two friends in a basement. It's not a nuclear submarine.
Which reminds me of advise I got (from more than one person) about starting a business with friends:
Don't do it. Your friendship will make whatever disagreements that come up in conducting business worse. No matter how mundane or petty your business venture is, it will happen.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Eh, I'm sure they can also do a one man structure for tiny indies. No reason these guys wouldn't have set it up with one email address if it was just two friends in a basement. It's not a nuclear submarine.
There is absolutely no reason to set it up with a single email address when Steam allows you to add multiple admin users. It's not even a security feature, it's something as basic and important as having two computers for "two friends in a basement". For example, both Nick and Oscar can upload builds, move them around (we have 3 branches: default, public test, private test), make changes and reconfigure things. It would be really dumb to demand that all changes and uploads go through a single person.

almondblight

Arcane
For example, both Nick and Oscar can upload builds, move them around (we have 3 branches: default, public test, private test), make changes and reconfigure things. It would be really dumb to demand that all changes and uploads go through a single person.

Do you look at the code at all, or do just Nick and Oscar? What's the workflow like, you all have a meeting Monday morning about what you're going to be working on, and then present it to the team on Friday (or earlier)?

Vault Dweller

Developer
For example, both Nick and Oscar can upload builds, move them around (we have 3 branches: default, public test, private test), make changes and reconfigure things. It would be really dumb to demand that all changes and uploads go through a single person.

Do you look at the code at all, or do just Nick and Oscar? What's the workflow like, you all have a meeting Monday morning about what you're going to be working on, and then present it to the team on Friday (or earlier)?
Nick is a programmer, so the code (engine and systems) is his domain. Oscar works with scripts (quests, fights, journal, rewards, system elements that are exposed to scripts for easy tweaking) and does most of the work there. I do the basics to set up the flow and pass it over to him.

As for how we work, imagine 5 guys working together on something. They don't need to have weekly or even monthly meeting as when one person needs something (like text or animations or system changes or icons for new items or testing), he asks for it and whoever's responsible for it tells him when it can be done. If 2 people can't sort something out or if it's something big that must be decided now and in real time, then we have a group meeting. I think we had 3 meetings in 10 years.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
More about Nekro.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/246400/discussions/0/371919771763665195/#p5
Klegran [developer] 11 hours ago
When there is no money, there is no progress. At its heart this is the problem. A company needs to make money to survive. There has been no money for more than a year now. The social problems are a result of this, but not the core issue. At the heart, all issues stem from a lack of people buying the game. So it is, and so it will be. There's nothing we can do about that. Some things are a success, and some things fail. This is the ladder. It's unfortunate, but it's reality.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Nick is a programmer, so the code (engine and systems) is his domain. Oscar works with scripts (quests, fights, journal, rewards, system elements that are exposed to scripts for easy tweaking) and does most of the work there. I do the basics to set up the flow and pass it over to him.

As for how we work, imagine 5 guys working together on something. They don't need to have weekly or even monthly meeting as when one person needs something (like text or animations or system changes or icons for new items or testing), he asks for it and whoever's responsible for it tells him when it can be done. If 2 people can't sort something out or if it's something big that must be decided now and in real time, then we have a group meeting. I think we had 3 meetings in 10 years.

Don't you ever meet to crack a few beers and brainstorm?
I know it's basically pissing away time and not very cost effective but wouldn't it be nice to talk to your team as a whole a few more then 3 times every 10 years...

No....? Okay.. :lol:

Vault Dweller

Developer

Don't you ever meet to crack a few beers and brainstorm?
I know it's basically pissing away time and not very cost effective but wouldn't it be nice to talk to your team as a whole a few more then 3 times every 10 years...
I live in Canada, Oscar lives in Argentina, Mazin - United States, Nick and Ivan - Ukraine. So, no, we don't meet to crack a few beers and brainstorm. Oscar is the only one who likes traveling that much. He stayed at Brian Mitsoda's place for a week, met Mazin, even went up north to visit me a month ago, which was a great experience because talking design face-to-face is way better than typing it in chats and emails, which is how we communicate.

When I said 'group meetings", I meant group chats, as of opposite to one-on-ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom