Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/203710561/city-under-house/?ref=kicktraq

A 2D RPG about a kid who was sent to buy some medisin, but ended up in a city under ground/house. Where he discovered strange things.

It is only 40 Norwegian Krones short of funding. Open your hearts to a project titled City Under House whose splashscreen says City Under Ground.

Kid got no choises so he goes to that house that turns out to be a house where no one have been living for ages!

Good games have choice and consequence. Great games have consequences and "no choises."

He and his friend, that he met in the city, follow the path and come to an abandonment city with strange creatures living there and some people!

This could be the spiritual successor to Undertale that we've been waiting for. The project page assures that there are "no risks" involved.

EDIT: FUNDED! It's already 80% done. The story is "the same" . . . "but with a TWIST." This is gonna be big.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
They'll never get 800k, especially as they didn't really get or didn't try to get pre-launch publicity. IMO For any kickstarter to really succeed they need a lot of PR before launching the project.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
While this looks pretty good from a glance, I'd have to agree with Jarpie. They'd have to be pretty connected to even do a surprise launch like this.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
$800K is possible but unlikely. $25 entry fee is not very encouraging either. How much are they going to ask for the game after release (if it gets released at all)? $30? $40? I am not someone to judge quality from graphic style, but most people will consider this to be a $10-$15 game because of pixel graphics.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

0269daf712d9792fda62e8e374c2955f_original.gif

a7299b71f0f4f1274e65bab796f4ab63_original.gif

It uses cards, and you can modify your dices, I like this kind of gimmicks.

HotSnack

Cipher
Can you really call it a JRPG if its made in Canada? I know what they really mean is stylisticly, but it kind of irks me like calling the avatar cartoon an anime.

Still I approve of any RPG that has actual dice rolling.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Dex (side-scrolling cyberpunk action RPG) developer's new game is a horror adventure game: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreadlocks/ghost-theory

Ghost Theory is a single-player horror adventure game focusing on stealth and exploration. Using a range of ghost hunting gadgets and abilities, you must investigate real world haunted places to reveal the truth behind their haunting, all the while evading the wrath of their resident evils ― or potentially eliminating them.

Although we fully intend to repeatedly scare the hell out of you, we are striving to design compelling gameplay, first and foremost. Freedom of exploration and player interaction are equally as vital to us as atmosphere and immersion, and represent the foundations on which our game is built.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Can you really call it a JRPG if its made in Canada? I know what they really mean is stylisticly, but it kind of irks me like calling the avatar cartoon an anime.

Still I approve of any RPG that has actual dice rolling.
I guess when people call Torment a JRPG, anything goes. (But seriously, it is a name of a genre based on it's gameplay mechanics, rather than location of dev team). See Undertale, Anachronox.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why indiegogo tho. That's like a death sentence if you're anyone but the Skullgirls team.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I see this uses flexible funding, unlike Indivisible. I am interested, but not enough to back.

lightbane

Arcane
*Checks Kickstarter's page*

20d187a8f52caf1fbe8c0a99c0cdd6e9_original.png

Fedora included lulz
They're not even trying, aren't they? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom