Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Sooooo... gunsmoke

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game seems to mix everything I like (the setting+investigations, art, combat system). Now I am sad because I missed the early bird tier.
Was excited, then I watched the video. Horror JRPG where you go around finding healing potions in dumpsters and shoot everything that moves. Having a guy who smokes in a raincoat doesn't make it noir. Was hoping for a detective game. :(

Last edited:

Executr

Cipher
Another JRPG-inspired appears:

As a result, in Megamagic you will:

• Explore a huge world inhabited by a lot of different characters and factions
  • Carry a grimoire where you will write down all you learn about the creatures you fight
  • Solve puzzles and beat foes in an intense dungeon crawling style
  • Learn different spells, each one with unique properties
  • Summon and lead any monster you have encountered before, each one with unique skills.
  • Become a master tactician by simultaneously managing various creatures through RTS-based mechanics
  • Choose your own palette of summons and spells depending on each challenge

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/21/93...it-charter-shenmue-pebble-star-citizen-asylum

"We have been approached in the past by very large, very famous corporations seeking to launch projects on Kickstarter and we have turned those down," Strickler said. "We've said that we hadn't thought that was in the best interests of our platform, and in a couple of cases where it was a large company wanting to do a project for something that an employee within the company had made within the company's operations we've suggested the we would consider it if they would allow the employee to own the intellectual property of the work rather than the company. But of course, that's not how these things tend to go.

I wonder if some of them were game publishers.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kickstarter is now a Benefit Corporation

Kickstarter Inc is no more. We’re now Kickstarter PBC — a Public Benefit Corporation. We’re thrilled to share this news, and we’d love to take a minute to tell you exactly what it means.

Until recently, the idea of a for-profit company pursuing social good at the expense of shareholder value had no clear protection under U.S. corporate law, and certainly no mandate. Companies that believe there are more important goals than maximizing shareholder value have been at odds with the expectation that for-profit companies must exist ultimately for profit above all.

Benefit Corporations are different. Benefit Corporations are for-profit companies that are obligated to consider the impact of their decisions on society, not only shareholders. Radically, positive impact on society becomes part of a Benefit Corporation’s legally defined goals.

Kickstarter is excited to join a growing list of forward-thinking organizations — like Patagonia and This American Life — that have taken the big step to become a Benefit Corporation. While only about .01% of all American businesses have done this, we believe that can and will change in the coming years. More and more voices are rejecting business as usual, and the pursuit of profit above all.

If you want to see what we think is important, you can find a link to our Benefit Corporation charter below. We’ve spelled out a specific list of values and commitments we’ll live by: We renew our longstanding commitment to arts and culture. We declare how we plan to conduct ourselves in situations that are often swayed by profit motives. And we newly commit to donate 5% of annual post-tax profits to arts education and organizations fighting inequality. Every year, we’ll release an assessment of how we’re performing on the commitments we’ve made.
There was not a single dissenting vote by a Kickstarter shareholder to re-incorporate as a Benefit Corporation. We’re once again grateful for the support and partnership we’ve had from this group of friends, investors, and current and former team members. Thank you all!

From Kickstarter’s inception, we’ve focused on serving artists, creators, and audiences to help bring creative projects to life. Our new status as a Benefit Corporation hard-codes that mission at the deepest level possible to guide us, and future leaders of Kickstarter.

To all the creators and backers who have helped make Kickstarter what it is today — we’re excited to keep working with you, and helping new creative projects come to life as Kickstarter PBC.

Thank you,
https://www.kickstarter.com/charter?ref=pbc_letter

So... does this mean that instead of being a bad person, kickstarter is now a good person?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1540704528/tgl-thanksgiving-life

Modern themed god game. Bring your evil-self, I guess?

90be74897715e5c451a5587c129361a5_original.gif

4e9d95f45e2ae03b55262ac2809b7d2a_original.gif

f6a926370d0a5e51fb8c3479ccdeb7c4_original.gif

That excessively low campaign goal, though.

Executr

Cipher
Spiritual successor of MDK and Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Brian Fargo appears in the video to endorse the project.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They won't make it. The gameplay looks ok, but the first part of the video is so boring and bad that it probably made a lot of people close the vid before getting to the good part.

Ash_Firelord

Educated
I youtube'd some impressions of my playtrough of the Pixel Noir demo. It's a small demo, took me 15 mins to go through it.

Demo is really short so not a lot to go on, but I *really* can't get over the suspension of disbelief needed to accept that people are shot in the face with a desert eagle and shrug it off with some coffee.

I realize that's par for the course for most RPGs and jRPGs are particularly outrageous, but there's something about swords / magic / dragons / "old" guns in most settings that make it easier to swallow than "contemporary" guns in a noir setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom