Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
OK. Sounded too good to be true...

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I see they decided to go the episodic route... with the first episode devoted solely to the prologue
The word "hardcore" is mentioned four times and "old-school" five time (not counting repeats in the backer rewards)
The designer calls himself Richard Nixon.
The devs say "aimed to release the Prologue by this Fall 2014" but then mention that the "estimated date of STEAM Early Access and Alpha Test is early fall 2014." By the same definition of release, Grimoire has been released in 1997.
In spite of promising the early access version in early Fall 2014, they still only have the concept art and mock-ups from eight months ago.
Some of the concept art is isometric, while in other places it uses a 3D engine.
$137 for a boxed copy

Yep, I don't see how this can possibly go wrong.

himmy

Arcane
Kz3r0, I'm drunk now, so I would like to take the opportunity to personally thank you for maintaining this thread. "You are marvelous and the gods wait to delight in you", quote Bukowski.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Is that a basement I smell?

mjX3Hhe.jpg

Apparently the potato salad guy lost $30,000 overnight as people pull their pledges, but still, it's funny that potato salad gets more funding than some games.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The loss of potato salad funding was a combination of people being pissed that the guy started posting ads on his updates and people making joke pledges.

What do you expect though with our tainted saps blood :(

kaizoku

Arcane
Solarix is a ‘psychological survival horror’ game featuring massively detailed open-ended levels encompassing both survival and stealth-gameplay styles.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kissltd/solarix?ref=category

adventure game that doesn't show much, by Paul Cuisset (it beats me) and Microids
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1993213058/subject-13-by-paul-cuisset?ref=category

A prehistoric, occult, anti-patriarchy metroidvania...in the dark. Your torch is the only light source in a black magik temple.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1826321207/pyrella?ref=category
Roguey makes a game. :M

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
by Paul Cuisset (it beats me)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Cuisset

Paul Cuisset was the lead designer of Delphine Software International and the creator of Flashback, which was listed in the Guinness World Records as the best-selling French game of all time.[1] Today he's working on a new project Subject 13 which will be published by Anuman Interactive.[2]

Today Cuisset is currently[when?] the Managing Director of the French computer game developer Vector Cell, which he co-owns with the French game developer Lexis Numerique. Cuisset's latest[when?] game was AMY, a downloadable PSN and XBLA title launched in January 2012.

Games
Titles released involving Paul Cuisset are listed below in chronological order.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Titles released involving Paul Cuisset

That list means absolutely nothing. Was he the Janitor on that game when it come out? Did he write a paragraph in the game manual? Did he design one level for a game? Was he Lead Designer on the game.... etc...

buzz

Arcane
Yeah, he was lead designer (or rather, sole designer) for Flashback, Future Wars, Cruise for a Corpse, Operation Stealth ... Basically Delphine Software was him and Chahi (of Another World fame).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom