Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Kz3r0

Arcane
MMOs/MMORPGs
Conclave MMO that aims to replicate the tabletop experience, in HTML5 is playable with any browser from any device, it's possible to try the game here.
SolForge Digital Trading Card Game The creators of Ascension and Magic: The Gathering have joined forces.
Word Realms From Kingdom of Loathing devs, an MMORPG for Scrabble freaks. Make words out of tiles and use them as weapons.

Camelot Unchained Mark Jacobs, of DAoC fame, Kickstarting a more hardcore PvP MMORPG in the same vein.
Shadowrun Online Browser based and F2P.
Kaiju Combat - Giant Monsters. Awesome Fighting. Online, second try of this project, Kaiju Combat Godzilla VS Gamera, the MMO.
Novus AEterno: The Next Evolution in RTS Games The LARGEST STRATEGY GAME ever built!! Negotiate, Trade, Dominate, Deceive in a Persistent Universe with thousands of players.
The Repopulation Sandbox oriented MMORPG with lot to show, very low set goal.
Crowfall - Throne War PC MMO "It's like Game of Thrones meets Eve Online" - a new MMO by J Todd Coleman (Shadowbane, Wizard101) and Gordon Walton (UO, SWG, SWTOR)

Always Outnumbered Story driven tower defense multiplayer game.
Grimlands - a post-apocalyptic RPG/Shooter With an open, post-apocalyptic world, crafting & free skill development.
Gunswords An online multiplayer turn-based strategy game.
MAYA 2012 - Portal to the New Humanity Embrace the New Age.
Numinis Online A fantasy themed PvP MMO.
Panzer Pets - Customizable Robots MMO The rise of the mecha lolis.
Realm ExplorerMMORPG mining and trekking sandbox simulator.
Storybricks, the MMORPG storytelling toolset They managed to get MCA endorsement.
Terra Bellica Asking funds for improving the already existing browser game of the same name, there was a dedicated sub-forum on the Codex once for this game with quite an active community of Codexers.
The Alignment: Federal City Transmedia conspiracy game.
Void Rim: A Multiplayer, Turn-Based Strategy Game F2P turn based Starcraft clone.

Last edited:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tried New Orbit. Gravity in this game feels wonky, I keep getting a feeling that I'm accelerating when in orbit. Whole orbiting seems more like lorenz attractor than gravity. Maybe I'm spoiled by kerbals.

The story seems to be written by an angsty teenager, the art done by his equally angsty best friend that is a girl, but not his girlfriend. The voice acting is terrible. Controls suck on small displays - on my nexus 4 I wasn't able to control it in any way accurately, on nexus 7 it was a bit better. Maybe there's some more fun to be had if played longer, but I couldn't stand it more than 1.5h. Also, star background sucks so much...

Definitely not worth 15USD for both episodes. 0.99 of whatever is on your country Play Store is ok, if you can stomach the terrible things I've wrote about.

There is nothing codexian to like in this game, so I would either skip adding it, or put it in the meh category.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
STORYSCAPE: Digital Roleplaying System

Storyscape is a significant step forward in the technology of roleplaying. It's a tabletop roleplaying game, you see, except that this one is designed to be played on networked tablets and laptops.

It's got a full, multigenre roleplaying system under the hood, as well as all of the tools that you'd expect from a good virtual tabletop system. You can create your own digital miniatures and custom maps very easily, and if you're a gamemaster, you can do some amazing stuff with the tools we're including. And to top it all off, you can buy additional adventures, settings, and 3D models on our marketplace, or make a few bucks by selling copies of your own creations.

pjIX53c.png

PROTOTYPE SCREENSHOT.

As you can see, it's an isometric top-down view sort of thing, and you can spin the view around, zoom in and out, etc. Informational panels, like your character sheet, maps, journals, handouts, etc., slide in from the edge of the screen whenever you want to look at them, but the rest of the time they stay politely out of the way, so that you can see what's going on.

Kz3r0

Arcane
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians

Shameless cash grab from a no-name, no-portfolio mobile developer dropping a big name who doesn't even appear in the pitch video. Asking 600k to make a PC port.
Weeaboos think is legit.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...led-unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians.86513/
Ooops, read the thread, people are calling it a cash grab in there too, added to the brown.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am bit late and probably people already know about this, but here is a new entry for the undelivered games, the fastest one I must add:
The Kingsport Cases Fully procedurally generated survival horror game set in late 19th century Lovecraftian lore. Kickstarter suspended the funding for this projects(backers received refunds), it was due to the Developers self pledging eight thousand dollars, out of a stated goal of twenty thousand.

80Maxwell08

Arcane

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am bit late and probably people already know about this, but here is a new entry for the undelivered games, the fastest one I must add:
The Kingsport Cases Fully procedurally generated survival horror game set in late 19th century Lovecraftian lore. Kickstarter suspended the funding for this projects(backers received refunds), it was due to the Developers self pledging eight thousand dollars, out of a stated goal of twenty thousand.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1374511342/the-kingsport-cases/posts/497781

“But wait!” you might say. “Isn’t pledging to your own Kickstarter against the rules?”
Actually, a quick look at the Kickstarter FAQ (very bottom of the project creator page) will reveal that the reason you can’t pledge to your own campaign on Kickstarter isn’t because Kickstarter won’t let you, it’s because the credit card companies won’t let you. We’ve remedied this problem. Our current understanding is that as long as we can put the money in, Kickstarter should be okay with us – if anyone knows otherwise, please let us know ASAP.

:lol: What a maroon.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I got 2 new ones for you.

The first is from ex Infinity Ward/Respawn devs called To The Death and it's a sidescroller. Asking for $400k and so far have gotten a little over $1k.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scarymostro/to-the-death
Looks like a generic mish-mash of japanese action games tropes and feels like a typical iOs game, and will fail, I won't add it for now.
The second is La Mulana 2 which should be self explanatory (good thing too since I never played the first so I couldn't describe it). Asking for $200k and are currently a little under $9k.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playism/la-mulana-2
Added.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom