Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

kaizoku

Arcane

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another project signaled but not listed has been released, any thoughts?
Resonance: Retro-Styled Adventure Game - contest entry fees and additional funding

What the fuck? I didn't even know Resonance was funded on Kickstarter! ("funded" should be in quotes. 2000$, life before the Kickstarter craze)

This is a pretty famous game.

Look at the date.

It was before the Shaffer miracle, hence the low numbers.

As I said

life before the Kickstarter craze

Kz3r0

Arcane
Puzzle Games
Chuck's Challenge 3D Chip's challenge guy makes 3D sequel.
"Loc" - Can You Escape? Now on sale for 5$, remember to thank the backers that paid 25$ for it.
Super Motherload Sequel to Motherload released in 2004, Dig Dug meets Lode Runner, with a co-op mode.Released despite the failed Kickstarter.

Auditorium 2: Duet Sinesthetic cooperative puzzle game.
Reset A sci-fi noir, a mystery, a first person puzzle game infused with mind boggling puzzles, a grippingly haunting but beautiful story and an unparalleled immersive atmosphere.

Code Hero: A Game That Teaches You To Make Games The name says it all, It got some exposure.They squandered all the money to play Game Guru, now the project is about how to program the Unity engine.

Last edited:

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Republique is out, and getting decent enough reviews.
The problem is that is in the brown, unless Codexers will vouch en masse for it I am not going to move it to another section.
I'm waiting for the PC version, because I wouldn't touch an iToy with a 10 foot pole. When I get it, I'll let you guys know how it is.

Kz3r0

Arcane
As far as I remember until now of all the listed projects that surely failed to deliver as well are :
Code Hero
Clang
Cult: Awakening of the old ones
Haunts: The Manse Macabre

Edit:
and the last one didn't deliver because of a scam.
The Doom that Came to Atlantic City

Until now the score is fifty videogames released and five failures, a ten percent failure ratio for the list, I won't count tabletop projects for now.

Last edited:

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
As far as I remember until now of all the listed projects that surely failed to deliver as well are :
Code Hero
Clang
Cult: Awakening of the old ones
Haunts: The Manse Macabre

Edit:
and the last one didn't deliver because of a scam.
The Doom that Came to Atlantic City

Until now the score is fifty videogames released and five failures, a ten percent failure ratio for the list, I won't count tabletop projects for now.
The problem with Haunts was that they were a 2-men team, only one of them being a programmer. The programmer chose to use an obscure language and then left for a new job leaving an unfinished engine in which almost nothing was working. If this is what really happened or if it was a convoluted ruse to run off with the money, that I can not say.

Dexter

Arcane
Reset A sci-fi noir, a mystery, a first person puzzle game infused with mind boggling puzzles, a grippingly haunting but beautiful story and an unparalleled immersive atmosphere.
Reset has kind of made a miraculous recovery from what seemed like certain defeat and gained like ~30,000€ in its last few days, only needing another 5000€ to be funded: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reset--4

It would be a real waste to not see it come through now. xD

Kz3r0

Arcane
Reset has kind of made a miraculous recovery from what seemed like certain defeat and gained like ~30,000€ in its last few days, only needing another 5000€ to be funded: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reset--4

€66,979EUR

Raised of €65,000 Goal

11 hours

skuphundaku

Patron

€66,979EUR

Raised of €65,000 Goal

11 hours
Reset managed to get to €71,398 in the last hours of the campaign. I didn't think they would make it over the line, but the final push was spectacular.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom