Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Inner Space was a great game as a kid. A few other games did this, I think one called 'Virus'.

Yeah, that game was Israeli btw: http://www.mobygames.com/game/virus-the-game

Published by Sir-Tech, the poor fucks. It wasn't a very good game.

I should make a post about the short-lived Israeli gaming industry of the 90s someday.

Last edited:

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Tehdagah

Arcane
$900.000 for a Megaman clone?

Megaman fans create Megaman games all the time. For free.

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
WHY DOES NOBODY MAKE A THIEF OR DEUS EX CLONE I WOULD PAY 100 BUCKS FOR THAT

1147353480-00.jpg

:troll:

kaizoku

Arcane

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$750k should be Jennifer Hepler won't join the team. Lol @ 2.5 million. Sadly I bet they get it.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Wikipedia said:
The Sime~Gen Universe, created by Jacqueline Lichtenberg, involves a future where humanity is divided into two subspecies or "larities". Gens look like ordinary humans and produce excess quantities of a life energy called selyn. Simes, who have tentacled arms, must take selyn from Gens in order to survive. If the Gen is frightened and resisting when selyn is taken, the Gen dies. The series chronicles the history of the two subspecies' search for coexistence.[1][2][3][4][5]

Simes and Gens have traditionally lived in separate territories. Simes raise Gens like food animals in pens. Children might become either Sime or Gen at puberty, and free Gens kill their children in self-defense if they start to change—if the child becomes Sime, it might take selyn from parents or loved ones, killing them.

Simes who can take selyn from frightened Gens without killing them are "channels". They can pass the selyn gathered to other Simes. The discovery of the channels leads to Unity. Sime and Gen territories declare an uneasy truce, and channels strive to assist both sides.

Lichtenberg began the series in the late 1960s as part of a creative writing class, putting it aside briefly to work on the Kraith Star Trek fan fiction series.
:retarded: This is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read, you couldn't come up with a more contrived, biologically inexplicable conflict if you tried.

The game itself sounds like a pure Mass Effect clone. Their target customers are already served by the AAA market, so this kickstarter is probably not going anywhere. The only way to save it could be to emphasize same-sex romance and heavily promote it in the social warriors circles.

Alchemist

Arcane
Ambrov X: here is the chance for all the SJWs to put their money where their mouth is. This is their game!

And here's a choice quote from Hepler in update #2 (regarding what she likes in games):
I like to have the chance to explore the kinds of difficult, co-dependent and damaging relationships I avoid like the plague in real life.
Wow yeah that sounds like a blast! Sign me up!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
For just $750k a person who doesn't like games will help design the game!

:lol:
Is this a joke? Is there any one who likes Helper?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I can easily imagine Kotaku publishing an article (en)titled: "BACK THIS, OR YOU'RE A MISOGYNIST!", and 3 hours later, game is fully funded...

DeepOcean

Arcane

I hardly believe that old lady behind main guy is a nerd/geek. Looks like she was forced to pose for this picture. Will this game have lightsabers vs Katanas and gun toys?
My God, this is the kinda of photo you get in some place hidden and hope you will never see it again to not be reminded how bad your taste is, the fact that they place this photo on the first page shows the good sense. They really look like trustworthy responsible developers, don't they?:lol: Just look the list of titles in the first page, that is the classic, let's copy what everybody is doing but don't put much thought on it. It is irresistible to give money for people responsible for such gems like:X men Origins Wolverine,Spider man web of shadows and Assassin creed bloodlines. I think they got Helpler so they can put some Bioware games on the first page and they choose Dragon Age :lol:, Old Republic:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: and DA 2:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom