Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Kz3r0

Arcane
This is a work in progress(on hiatus, permanently probaly).

The purpose of this thread is to collect signaled interesting projects and all the threads on the Codex related to Kickstarter games and other crowfunding sites.
The major focus will be on KICKSTARTER and Indiegogo, everyone can signal a project if wants to, however projects that get a news item or are signaled by a staff member have more chances to be listed here, in general a project should be relevant to the Codex' interests or have some other feature that makes it stand out.

A streetlights code is implemented to indicate the status of the various projects:
CYAN Game released.
GREEN Project successfully funded.
YELLOW Project currently running.
ORANGE While not being an outright sham the project raised some perplexities.
RED Project didn't reach the set goal.
VIOLET Project funded but failed to deliver for whatever reason.

Quick Links Section
Here all the links of the currently running projects listed per outline of the various sections with linking to said sections.

Codex Pet Projects

Special Mention

RPGs
No projects running at the moment.

Strategy Gaming

Space Simulators
From shooters to RTS plus various hybrids, all space related.

Graphic Adventures

FPS/Shooters

Platformers

Action Adventures

Racing Games

JRPGs

MMOs

Puzzle Games

Retro Gaming

PnP, Tabletop etc.

Hardware

LULZ & Boycott
DICONTINUED SECTION

Released Games
For whom wants to check all the released videogames listed in this thread without browsing the various sections.

Here the list of all funded projects above 100K(DISCONTINUED).
Addendum:
A guy kept track of all Funded Videogame Projects above 100.000$.

With the release of Kicksatarter games another phenomenon emerged, publisher deals, this sometimes can create dramaso here a dedicated section called PUBLISHER DRAMA.

Section dedicted to allthe projects that failed to deliver for whatever reason: The Undelivered

A special section dedicated to all those projects that are suspected of being just CASH GRABS.

Kz3r0 COMMENTS
A Year of Kickstarter Watch

FINAL CONSIDERATIONS

Last edited:

kazgar

Arcane
Poor double fine adventure.

FTL's finished (so should probably be marked as so, as it will accept no jewgolds)

Kz3r0

Arcane
Poor double fine adventure.

FTL's finished (so should probably be marked as so, as it will accept no jewgolds)
Didn't find Schafer's thread, mind to link it?
I will follow your suggestion and mark the finished projects.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Hey, great idea, Kz3r0! Just two thoughts: How about using red for ongoing projects that haven't reached their goal yet? Also, how about linking to the promised Tex Murphy kickstarter here: "http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/tex-murphy-games-opinions.46132/"? You could use a grey color to indicate it hasn't started yet...
I was using the usual color code of traffic lights, I think it woks better, red can be misleading.
Just because it's you I will add a planned section.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I was also going to suggest a thread like this.

But please put projects in separate groups, ordered by relevance.

While for example Wasteland and Banner Saga are almost certain to become finished games, others like Dead Linger and Tortured Hearts are very vague and therefore not that interesting right now.

Or do you just want to make a list of all kickstarter projects?

Burning Bridges

Looks like Banner Saga will end up in the range of 500.000 and Wasteland 2-3 million.
(April 4)
Banner saga: 359,314 of 100,000 goal, 16 days to go
Wasteland 2: 1,928,593 of 900,000 goal, 13 days to go

Kz3r0

Arcane
I was also going to suggest a thread like this.

But please put projects in separate groups, ordered by relevance.

While for example Wasteland and Banner Saga are almost certain to become finished games, others like Dead Linger and Tortured Hearts are very vague and therefore not that interesting right now.

Or do you just want to make a list of all kickstarter projects?
Ordering by relevance would be quite arbitrary, I will separate them based on if they have reached the funding goal or not.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Jaesun

This thread is relevant to our interests. Could he has a sticky so we don't get a billion new kickstarter threads?

Kz3r0

Arcane
Love you , Kz3r0! (in total non homo way):love:Good indicator of reverence would be Jewgold collected during first week.
Well, Tortured Hearts is the only one that is practically dead, all the others are well on their way of being funded.

Burning Bridges

I don't want to encourage such projects in the least, however, now I have created an apposite section for it and its likes.

"quite arbitrary"
Nope, absolutely objective.:obviously:

Not wanting to start an argument here. But on the one hand you say my suggestion of grouping by relevance would be "too arbitrary", on the other hand you defend the exclusion of certain projects as "absolutely objective".

I am not even disagreeing on the exclusion of the games in question, but your subjective opinion is no more objective than the subjective opinion of anyone else.

If you really want to make a thread about your taste, under the delusion that it is "absolutely objective", then get on with it .. Alternatively, if you want to make a list of all kickstarter projects (minus tactical shhootan'), thanks but I prefer to use kickstarter.com for that.

EDIT: I like the LULZ & Boycott section though.

EDIT2: Why don't you just order the projects by funding level reached, that would practically be the same as I suggested initially (WL2 ~2 million, Banner Saga ~400,000, .. Tortured Hearts 2.000 ), as before separated in groups for funding level reached / not reached, and a third for LULZ etc.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I don't want to encourage such projects in the least, however, now I have created an apposite section for it and its likes.

"quite arbitrary"
Nope, absolutely objective.:obviously:

Not wanting to start an argument here. But on the one hand you say my suggestion of grouping by relevance would be "too arbitrary", on the other hand you defend the exclusion of certain projects as "absolutely objective".

I am not even disagreeing on the exclusion of the games in question, but your subjective opinion is no more objective than the subjective opinion of anyone else.

If you really want to make a thread about your taste, under the delusion that it is "absolutely objective", then get on with it .. Alternatively, if you want to make a list of all kickstarter projects (minus tactical shhootan'), thanks but I prefer to use kickstarter.com for that.
The criteria are quite obvious, projects that get the Codex' attention, principally projects with a dedicated news post in the apposite section, or threads started by Codexers in other sections of the forum that got enough attention.
Also, if all the links point to Codex' threads how you ever thought that this was just a list of all kickstarter projects?

Burning Bridges

The criteria are quite obvious, projects that get the Codex' attention, principally projects with a dedicated news post in the apposite section, or threads started by Codexers in other sections of the forum that got enough attention.
Also, if all the links point to Codex' threads how you ever thought that this was just a list of all kickstarter projects?

I thought what you were doing was a kickstarter watch, where we could quickly find the newest and most interesting projects.

If you only want to make an index of the popular threads on the Codex, I'm fine with that. But I might as well use the forum to see which threads are popular.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom