Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Kevin Saunders leaves inXile

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Chris Keenan said:
I will be managing the development on Torment: Tides of Numenera from this point forward.

:M Disaster in the making. :M

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Chris Keenan said:
I will be managing the development on Torment: Tides of Numenera from this point forward.

:M Disaster in the making. :M

psLWm4t.png

raised-eyebrow.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks like New Orleans changed quite a few plans. :cool:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Isn't Keenan the large sweaty one from the WL2 backer videos?

Ugh, hope does not spring eternal.

edit: Athelas is right, I'm confusing him with someone else.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chris Keenan is the young guy who narrated some Wasteland 2 gameplay videos:

Fairfax

Arcane
With the major creative and production decisions now resolved, and the team charging full speed toward completing the game, inXile and I have decided it is time for me to depart from the studio.
He's presenting it as a natural course of action, but it really isn't. So the creative decisions have been made, but the director is the one making sure they're properly implemented.

I am proud of the project that I'm leaving in capable hands, and while I do not know what I'll do next, I look forward to new challenges and opportunities.
Hm...doesn't sound like it was preplanned.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
This Chris Keenan. He's like a handsome Wyrmlord

He's presenting it as a natural course of action, but it really isn't. So the creative decisions have been made, but the director is the one making sure they're properly implemented.

Hm...doesn't sound like it was preplanned.

He was project director, I think? So it shows InXile doesn't fuck around, fired the dude 2 weeks after that ugly UI. Zero tolerance for bullshit

Huh. Now that's a disturbing turn of events. Kickstarter update had this all "keeping face" shtick, but for me Wasteland 2 was a big disappointment, and I also liked ksaun. So I really dislike these news. And that's my most expensive Kickstarter, fuck.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, pretty sure it's too late in the game's development for this to have much of an effect. Unless of course everything is somehow a mess behind the scenes despite the good quality of the alpha, and now Chris Keenan has the tough job of deciding what to cut to save the project, Sawyer-on-NWN2 style. But that seems unlikely. And all the roles most important for a Torment game - creative lead (Colin McComb), lead area designer (George Ziets) - are still there, so...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Reminds me of this observation:

Steve Sailer said:
It’s common for corporate executives to choose protégés who resemble younger versions of themselves. It makes sense that a man’s genes encourage him to feel nepotistic toward younger men who look enough like him that they might be blood relations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom