Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Keep the Peace : in-depth police strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Zombra, May 18, 2018.

1. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!

This looks pretty great.
    Look at the stats, for crying out loud! STATS!! There's even a "Diversity" stat so Codexers can ruthlessly fire proven liberals. Numbers don't lie.

Anyway, back the game so the KS succeeds, punks. I want to play this.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • incline incline x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Parrots:
    Graphics look a bit like something out of 2003 but I don't even care.

I hope this gets backed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Agesilaus Arcane

Agesilaus
    Parrots:
    I would only back this if the dev confirms that your law enforcement agency is allowed to overthrow the other branches of government and rule over Americans as some sort of neo-Spartan elite.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • incline incline x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Mark Richard Erudite

Mark Richard
    Parrots:
    No wonder they need all that money, this is a hugely ambitious project. Hope this game sees the light of day.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Here are the updates so far.

The Kickstarter isn't on track to fund ... which is all the more reason to pledge. If they don't fund, pledging is free! What a deal!

^ Top  
  6. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    You understand I wrote something similar single handedly when I was high-school dropout (because high-school rather violate law than keep disabled on school)

Actually my research project was bit more complicated because it was to create proper story. What they are doing can be done by a simple genetic variation.

Actually they can still fail. There are several caveats, which are somehow complicated to solve when people didn't make several games already, or don't have enough talent.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    • Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    No Zombra, my disability causes 1/3 muscular activity, or heart problems thus. I didn't commit suicide by doing so.

^ Top  
  8. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    I meant "lift" as in "do anything with your ideas". An unemployed teenager thinking about video games is a far cry from a developer who actually puts a prototype engine together and mounts a public campaign to make it happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Customization teaser. Hire officers based on stats and traits, select uniform style, then build your units' cars and equipment loadouts.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. ERYFKRAD Arcane Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Not averse to backing it but has the team's prior experience or any such been mentioned?

^ Top  
  11. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    No prior releases that I know of, the guy has been working on this one idea for 20 years around his day job. There's been no mention of prior project management experience which makes me concerned. He lists out his whole budget on the kickstarter page though so he's apparently thought it through.

Kickstarter looks doomed to fail, right now the plan is to get as many pledges as possible so he can show consumer interest to a publisher ... so pledge generously because odds are you won't be charged a cent, and you can always pull it at the last minute if this thing succeeds by some miracle. Even a $1 pledge is a big deal because it's one more person he can show on # of backers.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Simple preview about assigning patrols. Pretty cool, you can block out districts however you want, and set different kinds of patrols: emergency response, community policing, and traffic control. Then assign units to those patrols. So your badass gunslingers might be your emergency response team, your socially skilled cops might be good community outreach officers etc.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Deflowerer Arbiter

Deflowerer
    Parrots:
    Hopefully there's going to be a Malmo DLC.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Mailing list cheerleading:

PLEDGE YOU FUCKS

• No No x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Also, the new gameplay teaser:

^ Top  
  16. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Surprising no one, the kickstarter didn't make it. THANKS A LOT CODEX FUNDRAISER

There's still a lot of tantalizing talk in the Discord. This will be the best game ever, get on board now.

• Despair Despair x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)