Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Katawa Shoujo: I love you just the way you are...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Untitled-1.jpg

But now, in late winter, it feels like I'm standing under a pile of kindling.
I breathe into my cupped hands and rub them together furiously to prevent them from numbing in this cold.

Untitled-2.jpg

Ah yes...the note... slipped between the pages of my math book while I wasn't looking and playing Terraria.

As far as clichés go, I'm more a fan of the letter-in-the-locker, but at least this way shows a bit of initiative.

As I ponder the meaning of the note, the snowfall gradually thickens.

The snowflakes silently falling from the white-painted sky are the only sign of time passing in this stagnant world. (Ed: Just like the writer's dandruff.)

Their slow descent upon the frozen forest makes it seem like time has slowed to a crawl.

The rustling of dry snow underfoot startles me, interrupting the quiet mood. Someone is approaching me from behind.

eyes.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

ED: Yes, I totally came. :smug:

A hestitating, barely audible question.

However, I recognize the owner of that dainty voice instantly.

I feel my heart skip a beat.

It's a voice I've listened to hundreds of times, but never as more than an eavesdropper to a conversation.

I turn to face this voice, the voice of my dreams, and my heart begins to race...

(ED: Now you know how Captain Picard felt in Oblivion)

A majestic love story in Skyrim...
Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Dammit. I spent all afternoon trying to come up with a good line and that was the result.

Pathetic.

iwanako.gif
Ahmm...yes. I asked a friend to give you that note...I'm so glad you got it.

A shy, joyous smile that makes me so tense I couldn't move a single muscle even if I tried.

FUS

untitled-6.jpg

untitled-7.jpg

hisao.gif
So..ah..here we are. Out in the cold...

ED: Looks like there's only one way to warm up.. :smug:

Once again, the wind stirs up the branches. The cacophonous noise is music to my ears. And the tapping of the keyboard of the writer echoes in his room, copying down the damn narration, word by word.

Iwanako flinches ever so softly against the gust of wind.

As it passes, she rights herself, as if supported by some new confidence.

Her eyes lock with mine and she lazily twirls her long, dark hair around her finger.

All the while, the anxious beating of my heart grows louder.

FUS

My throat is tight; I doubt I could even force a word out if I tried.

Music: Romance in Skyrim

FUS

iwanako.gif
You see...

FUS

iwanako.gif
I wanted to know..

ROH

iwanako.gif
..if you'd go out with me...

DAH

untitled-8.jpg

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin

untitled-9.jpg

naal ok zin los vahriin

iwanako.gif
Hisao?
untitled-10.jpg

wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!

iwanako.gif
Hisao?!
untitled-11.jpg

Ahrk fin norok paal graan

iwanako.gif
HISAO!
untitled-12.jpg

fod nust hon zindro zaan

untitled-13.jpg

Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

untitled-14.jpg

Duckard

Augur
Wait, I'm confused about the story. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

Drakron

Arcane
This is a english eroge dating sim, the good thing is that it seems the Elevens are having a taste of what we go through every time a eroge is released ... waiting that someone translate it.

Repressed Homosexual
The feedback is universally good on that one, and the writing is supposed to be of exceptional quality. Definitely interested in giving it a try one day. VNs when done right can be quite eerie and touching. I like the idea of humanizing crippled girls who would normally me stigmatized.

I also like that there is an option to skip all the awkward sex scenes.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A cripple girl LP? This ought to be good...
Carry on good sir. :salute:

Humanity has risen!
To my knowledge most japanese eroge have a skip button that'll fast forward through scenes, sex or otherwise. Admittedly my own experience with these games is limited to Sengoku Rance.
As for the writing being good, I'm a bit skeptical. This project was birthed on 4chan after all.

Drakron

Arcane
To my knowledge most japanese eroge have a skip button that'll fast forward through scenes, sex or otherwise.

Depends on the engine used, its a common feature but its occasionally absent.
And I would say it depends on the game, I cannot skip in Majikoi since the voice acting is that good, a bit unfortunately during sex scenes since its I want to skip but damn, the voice acting is really just that good.

RK47

Patron
Untitled-1.jpg

My parents are here. It's been a few days since I've last seen them. Both of them are even sort of dressed up. Is this supposed to be some kind of special occasion?

It's not a party.

There is this ritual the head cardiologist has. He takes his time, sorting his papers, then setting them aside as if to make a point of the pointlessness of what he just did.

ED: Is he from Pakistan?

Then he casually sits down on the edge of the bed next to mine. He looks me in the eyes for a moment.

dr.jpg
Hello, Hisao. How are you today?

I don't answer him but I smile a little, back at him.

dr.jpg
I believe that you can go home, your heart is stronger now, and with some precautions, you should be fine. We have all your medication sorted out. I'll give your father the prescription.

He hands a sheet of paper to my dad, whose expression turns wooden as he reads it quickly.

dad.jpg
Over 9000 midichlorians? So many...

I take it from his hand and take a look myself, feeling numb. How am I supposed to react to this?

FUS

Untitled-2.jpg

ROH

Untitled-3.jpg

DAH

Untitled-5.jpg

Side effects, adverse effects, contraindications and dosages are listed line after line with cold precision.
I try to read them, but it's so futile.
I can't understand any of it. Attempting to only makes me feel sicker.
All this..for the rest of my life, every day?

dr.jpg
I'm afraid that is the best we can do at this point.
dr.jpg
However, new medications are always being developed, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that list fade over the years.

Years...What kind of confidence booster is that? I'd have felt better if he hadn't said anything at all...

dr.jpg
Also, I've spoken with your parents and we believe that it would be best if you don't return to your old school.

WHAT!?

dad.jpg
Please, calm down, Hisao. Listen to what the doctor has to say...

Calm down? The way he says it tells me he knew full well that I wouldn't like it. Am I going to be home schooled?
Whatever of my concerns shows, it's ignored.

dr.jpg
We all understand that your education is paramount; however, I don't think that it's wise for you to be without supervision.
dr.jpg
At least not until we're sure that your medication is suitable.
dr.jpg
So I've spoken to your parents about a transfer.
dr.jpg
It's a school called Yamaku Academy that specializes in dealing with disabled students.

Disabled? What? Am I....

dr.jpg
It has a 24-hour nursing staff and it's only a few minutes from a highly regarded general hospital. The majority of students live on the campus.
dr.jpg
Think of it as a boarding school of sorts. It's designed to give students a degree of independence, while keeping help nearby.

Independence? It's a school for disabled kids. Don't try to disguise that fact.

If it was really that "free," there wouldn't be a 24-hour nursing staff, and you wouldn't make a hospital being nearby a selling point.

dad.jpg
Of course, that's only if you want to go. But...your mother and I aren't really able to home school you.

ED: So I have a choice?

dad.jpg
We went out there and had a look a couple of weeks back; I think you'd like it.

It looks like I really don't have a choice.

ED: Sorry I asked.

dr.jpg
Compared to other heart problems, people with your condition usually tend to live long lives. You'll need a job one day and this is a good opportunity to continue your education.

This isn't an opportunity at all, don't call it an opportunity. Don't call it a goddamned opportunity.

dr.jpg
Well, you should be excited at the chance to go back to school. I remember you wanted to return to school, and while it's not the same one...

A special school. That's...
An insult. That is what I want to say. It's a step down.

dad.jpg
It's not what you think. All of the students there are pretty active, in their own sort of way.

ED: ......you wanted to say UNIQUE didn't you?

dad.jpg
It's geared towards students that can still get around and learn, but just need a little help..in one way or another.
dr.jpg
Your father's right. And many of the graduates of the school have gone on to do amazing things. A person doesn't have to be held back by their disability.
dr.jpg
On of my colleagues in another hospital is a graduate.

I don't care. A person doesn't have to be held back by their disability? That's what a disability is.

I really hate that something so important was decided for me. But what can I do about it? A "normal" life is out of the question now.

It's funny, I had always thought my life was actually kind of boring, but now I miss it.

I want to protest. I want to blame this reaction on shock, or fatigue. I could easily yell out something now - something about how I can go back to school anyway. But, no.

I don't say anything. The fact is that I know now it's futile.

I look around the room, feeling very tired of all this. The hospital, doctors, my condition, everything. I don't see anything that would make me feel any different.

There really isn't a choice. I know this, but the thought of going to a disabled school...what are those even like? As much as I try to put a positive spin on this, it's very difficult.

But let me try.

A clean slate isn't a bad thing.

That is all I can think of to get me through this. At least I still have something; even if it's a "special school," it's something. It's a fresh start, and my life isn't over. It would be a mistake to just resign myself to thinking that.

Untitled-4.jpg

RK47

Patron
Overall, think the writing's fine so far. I mean..yeah, it's uh...educational? The protagonist view of disabled is believable and somewhat mirrors mine. Disabled is disabled. Second chances are possible, but you're still held back. You'll never be competitive IRL...well, some bright stars might - but not all. It's all about the drive to do better I guess. The more doom and gloom one is, the less like you are able to drag yourself out of the present shithole you're stuck in, if you're disabled.

RK47

Patron
:hmmm: I am not...gonna click on your links.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

02.jpg

In fact, gates in general seem to do that, but this one especially so.

Red bricks, black wrought iron and gray plater, assembled into a whole that didn't feel welcoming at all.

I wondered if it looked like what a gate for a school should look like, but couldn't really decide. Probably no.

Of course I didn't want to get stuck on thinking about the gate for too long, so I entered through it with a brisk pace that felt surprisingly good.

Moving forward feels good.

03.jpg

The grounds are incredibly lush, filled with green.

It doesn't feel like the kind of grounds a school would have, more like a park, with a clean walkway going past trees and the smell of fresh-cut grass and all other park-like things.

Words like "clean" and "hygienic" pop into my mind. It makes me shudder.

I shake them off. Stay open-minded now. It's your new life. You have to take it as it comes.

That's what I tell myself.

A few big buildings loom behind the leafy canopies, too big and too many for just a school.

Everything seems off; it's different from what I thought I knew about schools.

It's an uncanny valley. Even though I was told this is my new school, in the back of my head it doesn't feel like one.

I wonder if the feeling is real or caused by my expectations of a school for the disabled.

Speaking of that, I don't see anyone else here. It's kinda eerie.

It makes me wish there was somebody here so I could anchor myself to something tangible instead of having this feeling that I stepped into another dimension.

The trees hum with the wind and the green hues flashing all around me catch my attention.

It makes me think about hospitals again, how they say that the operating rooms are painted green because green is a calming color.

So why am I feeling so anxious, despite all this greenery?

Only after I stand in front of the haughty main building, I surprise myself by realizing why the gate bothered me:

It was the last chance I had to turn back, even if I had no life I could return to.

But still, after entering, there was absolutely no way I could go back anymore.

Feeling nervous and with this realization set in my head, I open the front door.

04.jpg

05.jpg

me.jpg
Nakai.
muto.jpg
So you are. Excellent. I'm your homeroom and science teacher. My name is Mutou. Welcome.

We exchange a handshake that is neither firm nor sloppy, and he looks at his watch.

muto.jpg
The head nurse asked you for a brief check-in visit, but there's no time for that now.
me.jpg
Oh, should I go later?
muto.jpg
Yes, afternoon is probably fine. We should get going and introduce you to the rest of the class. They're waiting already.

Waiting for me? I don't really like being the center of attention, but I guess it's inevitable in a situation like this.

Somehow, not knowing what is waiting for me make me feel really nervous.

Thinking of this, I almost miss what the teacher is saying.

06.jpg

CHOOSE, DOVAHKIINS!

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm more surprised there's even a choice, so I'm curious what the result will be...

+1 for "why?"

RK47

Patron
Gawds I wish DU would change the post per thread page to 15 in LP - It's getting crowded.

misaka1.jpg

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

me.jpg
Why? Do I have to?
muto.jpg
Of course not. That's why I asked.
me.jpg
Right.
muto.jpg
Let's go then.
02.jpg

ED: I hope we get another heart attack.

03.jpg

Mutou opens the door and enters.

04.jpg

I hesitate for a split second at the door, freezing on the spot.

Ah, get a grip! This is a big step, I know that... But there isn't any point to worrying so much about it, at least not this soon.

05.jpg

It's pretty spacious; the ceiling is unusually high and there's lots of space left over around and in between the desks.

ED: What about the normal-looking chicks, Dovahkiin? Or has heart-attack made you impotent?

An entire wall taken up by blackboards and the high, old fashioned windows only make it seem larger.

ED: ......yes, what about the girls...FFS?!

The students' desks are just standard wooden desks with a shelf underneath for books and wooden chairs with metal frames. Simple and efficient.

ED: I give up.

I stop walking in front of the classroom and face the other students. They all look normal, like students in any other school. But then, why would they be here?

ED: Maybe it's not just the outside that's broken? Maybe it's the inside?

06.jpg

ED: The camera shifts to the right...extending the whole view slowly. Very nice effect IMO. Indies should pay attention to this feature.

07.jpg

I notice a flash of dark hair and see that someone is looking at me. A girl with really long, straight hair that is pretty eye-catching. As she sees me looking back at her, she covers her face with her hands as if it will make her invisible.

ED: ..which ONE? WHICH ONE?

There is one boy with a cane leaning against the lockers at the rear of the class. It's weird seeing someone so young with a cane.

ED: A guy? Pshhhh! Who cares!

Another girl seems to be making some weird hand motions. Sign language? She peers at me over the rims of her glasses, then goes back to whatever she's doing.

She's kind of cute.

ED: So you like glasses, eh? :smug:

So is the cheery-looking girl with pink hair sitting next to her. She's kinda hard to miss, I don't know how I didn't notice her the moment I walked in...

ED: Dovahkiin rediscovered his dragon. True story.

muto.jpg
...please welcome our newest classmate.

He claps his hands and so does everyone else, except one girl in the first row who has only one hand. I cringe a little, but hide it by bowing in thanks for this applause I did not deserve.

After the applause, there is a brief silence that nobody seems to want to be responsible for breaking.

The teacher soon realizes that he should probably say something. He opens up with some unintelligible noise, shuts up as he loses his momentum, and then starts introducing me.

ED: This is Dovahkiin - he had a heart attack when a girl confessed to him in a snowy day at the park. FUS!

Nobody seems to be interested.

Maybe I should've said yes to the self-introduction thing.

:sweatdrops:

spekkio

Arcane
I've noticed a torrent of this game on BitGamer and immediately thought "God, please! Don't let anyone from the Codex learn about this game"!

Why, God, why?!

:cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom