Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Kalin is a samurai of barely adequate honor

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
00.png

01 - A cup on a fine day
Mutsu Province - Date Clan
It was the era of sengoku cibai...
Where men serve other men in battles across the nation, this is a tale of such a man -

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

Alas, they have a reason to belittle Kalin - for he is last in the favored order of his lord.

06.png

Enduring the humility a while longer, Kalin returns to his estate, pondering his next move.

07.png

Patience is for the untalented. Kalin grabs his katana and steps out of his estate.
It's time for his daily cup of sake.

08.png

To walk away from these dogs would stain his honor forever. Death is preferable to dishonor.

09.png

However, the cowards do not fight fair and surround the hapless samurai. The townsfolk shut themselves in, hoping the fight would be over sooner. The whistling of arrows and blades are the only sounds in the village for now.

10.png

Kalin's marksmanship and swordplay is the real thing - bodies begin to litter the streets. The thugs refused to yield and continue to assail the lone samurai.

11.png

Two dozen of them would die before they flee the chaos.

12.png

13.png

RK47

Patron
02.png

Yoshiaki is the current favored vassal of lord Jinku with a vast fief and great honor - it is impossible to hope for him to fail. Should he pass away, his heir, Ieyasu is ready to take over.

01.png

The battle opened Kalin's mind to possibilities. The way to the top is clear: he will simply cut down those who towers above him until he alone stands above the rest, standing be damned. He travels towards Yoshiaki's estate after cleaning his blade.

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

Triggered, the man drew his blade. It is to be a duel to the death.

07.png

Yoshiaki struck first, his fury apparent. Kalin was somewhat unprepared for this ferocity and took blow after blows.

08.png

09.png

10.png

One more and it his defeat. And probably his death. Is this his recklessness punishing him?
No. In defiance, he lashes out, landing a blow to his opponents' legs.
Yoshiaki was caught off-guard by the sudden retalition.

11.png

Taking a step back to the edges of the tatami, Yoshiaki taunted Kalin with calls to retreat.
Kalin's reply was an overhead swing that nearly severed Yoshiaki's shoulder.

12.png

Both combatants were at the edge of life and death. One blow will settle it.
'I did not expect a man of so little honor to give me so much trouble!' Yoshiaki stated between blows.
Kalin was silent. It's now or never, he danced again, this time sideways towards the edge of the tatami mat, feigning fear in his eyes. No one could see the evil grin on his teeth as Yoshiaki grew more confident and drew close enough for his blade to kiss. With a satisfying chop, the proud lord's blade clatters to the floor.

13.png

'Kono bakana-' the proud lord is brought low, uttering disbelief.
'Wait for your son in the next life,' Kalin mumbled as he raised his blade one final time.
The courtiers screamed as Yoshiaki was beheaded in front of their eyes.

14.png

'Tell Ieyasu I'll be back.'

15.png

16.png

RK47

Patron
Resu in Pisu
Despite his efforts, Kalin remains dead last on the merit order.

06.png

Perhaps a strike on the vassal directly above him is called for.

01.png

02.png

Kalin can't resist the lure of free pussy. He travels immediately to the Lord's estate. One must not delay the establishment of a household.

03.png

04.png

05.png

07.png

08.png

09.png

10.png

The Kalin household will soon be blessed with children, paving the way for renewal should some misfortune befall its current head.

RK47

Patron
00.png

A meager army, an even smaller household. But that won't discourage Kalin in his quest to climb ranks.

01.png

It's time to strike at his immediate competitor, Kuemon. This man has no apparent heir and his death will end his lineage.

02.png

03.png

04.png

After experiencing near death, this duel is nothing. Like plucking an edomame pod, Kalin drew his blade and finished it in two swift strokes.

05.png

Kuemon, knees bent, eyes bulging out can only mutter a curse as the blade is brought down one last time.

06.png

The deed is done. Kuemon's household fades into history. A new samurai shall be promoted to take his place.

07.png

08.png

This newbie will start from the bottom.

09.png

Two more to go.

RK47

Patron
05 - Dishonorable Acts
For this season, Kalin decides to increase the number of his samurais.

01.png

02.png

It's not a lot. Samurais are necessary to protect his realms from bandits and peasant revolts. But with so small of a retinue, he can barely challenge other lords directly. Another season pass and Ieyasu, the son of his slain rival hasn't taken any action against him. What sort of cowardice is this?

04.png

05.png

Traveling in disguise, Kalin sets forth to Ieyasu's estate grounds.
It is time to dishonor that miserable dog.

06.png

07.png

08.png

The initial entry went undetected.

09.png

But the hallway is long and dense with patrols, soon one of them discovered that his colleague didn't pass out from alcohol.

10.png

To be captured would lead to much shame and dishonor. Not to mention a partial loss of his fief. Kalin cuts a bloody swathe through the hallways before finding the sleeping envoy's room.

11.png

12.png

13.png

A quick stab and the deed is done.

14.png

15.png

RK47

Patron
06 - Hide Yo Women
00.png

The loss of honor was enough to topple Ieyasu, Choon is now top dog.

01.png

02.png

He has no heir and a vast fief. He doesn't deserve any of that.
Meanwhile Lord Jinku makes a call to arms to any brave samurai.

03.png

While Genbei, the worst of his rivals are requesting military aid in driving away attackers from his land.

04.png

All these are beneath Kalin's concerns as he arrives at Choon's estate.

05.png

06.png

Operation Cuckold is a go.

07.png

08.png

The guards spotted him early and raised the alarm.
Thankfully Choon's stupid whore is cowering in a tearoom near the entrance.
Kalin sheathes his sword and grabs her before bolting for the door.

09.png

'THE LADY'S BEEN KIDNAPPED!'
A lone archer shot Kalin on the back as he reaches the exit - but it was too late.

10.png

A hentai is in progress.

RK47

Patron
07 - Cucked
01.png

She did not reciprocate. No matter, it's time to ransom this meat for a piece of Choon's fief.

03.png

04.png

05.png

Is he trying to rescue his beloved on his own? Better stay in the estates and get ready.

06.png

:negative: That fucking idiot. The hostage is now worthless!

07.png

The only upshot is that Kalin is now second ranked in the merit order.

08.png

09.png

One more and he'll be top dog.

RK47

Patron
08 - Crispy
It's time.

01.png

02.png

Kalin has no fucks to give. Everyone else but him is failing badly, the time is ripe to rise to the top.

03.png

04.png

Ukyo? What a lame name. How about-

05.png

Ieyasu greets Kalin nervously and asks what is the purpose of his visit.

06.png

'Spare me the bullshit. I killed your father and now I'm gonna make sure you join him in the afterlife.'

07.png

:what:

08.png

There's no helping it. That coward prefers to die in his sleep. Kalin readies his ninja sword, ninja bow, ninja mask and ninja clothes. While this is happening another ninja has failed his mission at Ieyasu's estate.

09.png

Genbei the worst remains the worst. Kalin knows the same wait awaits him should he fail.

RK47

Patron
09 - Next in Line
There are three choices when your rival refuses a duel to the death:
- Wait till he dies of old age
- Battle him directly with armies
- Kill him in his sleep

01.png

Option 1 takes too long. Option 2 will take a few seasons of recruitment.
Therefore Option 3 it is.

02.png

03.png

A disguised ronin has no business of playing hero. No one would attribute such a heroic act to Kalin anyway even if he succeeds.

04.png

05.png

Night falls. It's time.

06.png

'Ieyassuuuuu where aree uuuuuu i wanna kirrryuuuuu'

07.png

08.png

09.png

10.png

Scores of the coward's men died on the hallways, but there's still no sign of the coward. Could he have escaped?

12.png

13.png

Ah, turns out he wasn't a coward after all. He's so close to the entrance. I over-estimated his cowardice.

14.png

'No running away now, dog.'

15.png

Kalin begins the fight with a wound he sustained during the battles with the estates' guard. A small handicap.

16.png

'F-father..' Ieyasu cried as he drops to the floor, painting the tatami mat with his blood.
There was no time to celebrate, Kalin wipes his blade clean before fleeing into the night.

17.png

RK47

Patron
10 - Time to Ascend
01.png

02.png

03.png

At last.

04.png

05.png

Lord Jinku will no longer have any worries left in this mortal world.

06.png

07.png

RK47

Patron
11 - Disregard Honor
01.png

That night, dozens of Lord Jinku's retainers fell to a mysterious assailant.

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

07.png

'A Hatamoto's residence has 2 levels? Yare yare daze'

08.png

09.png

10.png

'Stop hiding, Hatamoto-san.'

11.png

More bodies fell - but there was no sign of Lord Jinku on the second floor. Perhaps he is in the first floor?

12.png

That crafty dog! He's literally a room away from the stairs to the second floor.

13.png

'A very cunning plan to tire me like that. However, as you can see, I am unscathed even after I slaughtered forty of your men, Jinku-sama.'

Kalin waited for a response, but the Hatamoto's silent gaze began to make him uncomfortable. He felt a trace of something moist and salty on lips when he remembered the man's words welcoming him on his 16th birthday. The sound of a katana being unsheathed broke his train of thought. That is all in the past. Before him is the present and beyond it - his future. Win, and he becomes the Hatamoto. Lose, his beloved Jukeini and heir, Dibens will be executed for this act of treachery.

14.png

'It seems I, Jinku, Hatamoto of Lord Date has chosen my retainers poorly.'
'Gomen. This wolf shall not share a mountain with a toothless lion.'
'So be it. My face is tired.'

Their blades clashed.

RK47

Patron
12 - Brought Down
01.png

02.png

Lord Jinku won the first exchange. A horizontal slash that cuts Kalin's arm. He did not relent. His intent to put down a disloyal retainer was clear of hesitation. This is no human before him, just a mad beast that needs to be put down.

03.png

Two strokes later and Kalin hasn't even landed a clean strike at all.
'Soon, your wife and child shall join you. Treacherous dog.'
Those words triggered Kalin who suddenly redoubled his pace and willed every cell of his body to exert out his ki onto his blade. He raised his katana, waiting for Jinku to approach to land a finishing blow and swings

"EIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" with a great shout, he landed an overhead swing as gruesome as two strokes of a blade.

04.png

The ferocity of this counterattack caught Jinku off-guard, his balance waver. And Kalin took advantage of the chaos, landing another strike as they moved to the center of the tatami.

05.png

There, both men raised their blades. Anticipating each other to advance.
'Well fought, Kalin. But we both knows how this will end..'
'Shut up and come at me, old man.'
Their arms begin to tire.
Kalin, sensing this silly stalemate is getting too long to be worthy of a single update, decides to back off.

06.png

The feigned retreat gave grounds for Jinku to advance. He took the bait. But at the last moment he loosened his grip and switched to a swinging stance. 'What does one strong overhead strike matter? All I need is a light swing and this man's life will perish like chrysanthemum flower in a storm...'

He looked down to his katana, and up again. Suddenly Kalin is much closer than he had anticipated. His blade raised in an all-out unparriable stance. The rapid taps on the tatami accentuates his speed. His mouth wide open letting out a mighty shout. It's coming.

'KIIIIIII-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH'
'Shimatta.'

07.png

His final thoughts were not for himself, but rather for his daimyo, Lord Date.

'I entrust Lord Date to you, Kalin.'
'Don't worry. He'll die the same way. Wait for him in the afterlife.'

08.png

His despair doubled. This beast will not change its way. If he could just sway him in his last moments...
'Kuso. Why do you not see the honor in serving a fine lord?'
'Ponder upon that question as you watch me slay Lord Date from the afterlife.'
Kalin wills his blade downwards, but he need not to, Jinku is at his limits.

09.png

Jinku's life is over.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Steve is a Let's Player of barely adequate honor! Since he managed to get both yours truly and my wife's son Dibens executed, and even failed to properly document this most shameful dispray, I was left with no option but to pick this up and do it right. So, without further ado:

HLbyI47.png

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

This time we're doing it right!

No tomfoolery, no more amateur hour.

And, since this is an ironman LP, we're gonna play it safe and sneaky.

Our hero arises:

HAkev6W.png

DrRvZM9.png

Close enough!

aKnKKbf.png

Dewa Province, all the way up in the northeast. Once the home of the legendary Clan Forty-Seven, the province is now ruled by the Mogami.

Dewa has a good mix of resources. Best of all, it's easy to navigate, so you don't have to trek all over the place to visit those estates.

wOicS2X.png

No compromises, Gattsu's sword or bust!

C3euQRu.png

Sutibu comes from a long line of accomplished armchair generals.

C1sYP9B.png

yO4l7Vn.png

BY38Gqa.png

c1w1RYN.png

All in all, the rivals could have been way worse. Asakari could be a problem, I'm getting Turi vibes from that one.

That said, these chumps only have a few dozen soldier. Pretty weak bunch.

vAQppvl.png

:negative: But not as weak as Sutibu...

Seven samurai, and not nearly as good as in the flick. These shit-tier troops won't get us far, so we immediately start recruiting more plebs ashigaru.

dpCbyJW.png

Okay that is pretty bad. Need more land to recruit a lot of troops, but with such a small force it's not like we can conquer any.

Only one way to solve this:

0EBvfvs.png

Judaya tactics! Sutibu's reputation takes a hit, but what good is face if you lack land and troops lah.

Besides, there will be plenty of time to get fame and respect once we have an army.

tLa2F8Y.png

A challenger appears! Sutibu's family remind him of his obligation as a samurai.

"This is a good moment to gain back some honour!"

"Cibai! I don't wanna get killed lah!"

BLDHpMq.png

While Sutibu plays it safe and recruits more men, the buff high-T rival makes a move. He is no doubt going to fight the swordsman.

Meanwhile, business carry on as usual:

DNSE376.png

:smug:

mnw3oDv.png

Hah! You would think those ikko-ikki rebels would go after our fief, but the uppity peasants target Asakari instead.

Sending military aid is a good way to boost one's reputation, but Sutibu would much rather watch his rival suffer.

EiUK3bf.png

Meanwhile, the third chump-in-line went for glory and got cut to shreds. :lol:

lyLq3SQ.png

Third in line and didn't even have to lift a finger. Iesada's replacement is beyond pathetic, so the position is secure!

dECcu4h.png

Sutibu's top rival Ujinoro joins forces with high-T Asakari to finally squash the Bradylama peasant revolt.

6lv4gPK.png

Aaand they fail! :lol:

Life is good for our hero. His rivals keep gutting themselves, and he is free to raise taxes, hire men and slowly bide his time.

That is, until...

w92yjsp.png

"Ah boy! You marry, marry now!"

"YOU SIAO AH MUM? I don want no wife, I'm doin fine-"

"SEE KWEE KIA! We need heir, you marry lah! Or else!"

"B-but mom...!"

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sutibu, my son. Yuo are men now.

Yu must choose wife and have childrens

Will you pick the butiful Kazuko

or chicken bucket I have brought from KFC?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
:lol::salute:

iAJqe4p.png

A true samurai only fights battles he can actually win.

tbONiQU.png

*grumble*

91TT07H.png

The retainers look surprised to see Sutibu, who has been a completely no-show since his first meeting with Lord Genbei.

"Ah, Sutibu! Are you finally here to defend our clan's honour?"

sKWQDEZ.png

"I'd love to, b-but... H-haha... Family business to attend to, lah."

Sutibu makes his way to find Kazuko, feeling both dread and excitement...

07M1159.png

"Wo cao!"

Turns out Kazuko was more popular than anticipated.

qIWxVSn.png

Due to his superior honour, buff Asakari snatches Sutibu's wife-to-be and makes her his woman. Our hero can but meekly mutter his congratulations. His family, of course, is outraged - this insult was deliberate, the loss of face... Unbearable! Yet in his heart, Sutibu feels relief. "Dodged another bullet. Not today, mom!"

As Sutibu treks back home, Ujinoro is up to no good:

ivkJcS7.png

26YE33i.png

U4dzUu8.png

This cibai keeps showing off, winning battles and bolstering his forces. He clearly needs to go!

Well, at least we can laugh at the new kid on the block:

fLnnZEG.png

"Nice fief noob, you'll make hatamoto in no-time!"

EKNttT7.png

We on the other hand are doing quite fine, the army is decent and we have enough land to recruit some more ashigaru.

Our honour, of course, is pathetic, but at least Sutibu is still alive.

jS902zy.png

Buff bull is actually weaker than Sutibu in terms of warriors, but he still ranks higher since he cucked him good.

Well-respected, aggressive and currently out on the move. This is one bad hombre!

3xxAFqS.png

Like a gift from heaven! :lol:

Asakari must've been angry as well that Ujinoro was pulling ahead. Too bad you failed, enjoy seppuku lah!

Lord Genbei replaces his entire house with a new one, led by this fearsome chap:

10hg11J.png

v8briIx.png

:timcain:

Nice army bro. Real nice.

cegtjOi.png

Two down.
One left to go.
Sutibu didn't even unsheathe his katana.

:drink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom