Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Just started a new Wizardry 8 run...

uaciaut

Augur

Ammo's expensive as shit and weighs a ton, especially for chars that haven't focused on str (i.e. me). My gadgy's using Mystery Ray (since it uses no ammo) most of the time in fights, when he's not using his gadgets ofc.
I have trained all of my hybrids in magic though (they're level 22 and have 90 in their respective book and know all spells therein) so they generally don't just stand there being useless if they can't reach melee range; they can't cast level 7 spells at pl 7 but that's easily fixable, and it gives them more versatility without costing that much gold or weighing your party down.

I guess i can see rangers working if you want more ranged-focused parties, but i really prefer a gadgeteer for the ranged part and ninja for the alchemy hybrid part.

Not sure if i asked here or in the other thread, but is there a way to create a full party of 8 people from scratch, without using the game's NPC's? They're really horrid, especially for their travelling restrictions and i'd really like to try out an 8man party created entirely by me

Wizfall

Cipher
Not sure if i asked here or in the other thread, but is there a way to create a full party of 8 people from scratch, without using the game's NPC's? They're really horrid, especially for their travelling restrictions and i'd really like to try out an 8man party created entirely by me
With the Cosmic forge editor you can easyly edit NPC stats and and remove traveling restriction.

uaciaut

Augur
With the Cosmic forge editor you can easyly edit NPC stats and and remove traveling restriction.

That's actually quite tempting. Do you know if the T'rang mind if you have any umpani in your party while you do their quests?
Also do you know by any chance the base stats for t'rang or umpani?

edit:also is the tripleshot crossbow superior to the non-ranger only bows for a potential ranged bard?

Last edited:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
If you want to grind in Arnika, you can actually stay right before the tower at the wall. There are two sections to get past the wall, with a little stone wall island in between them, towards the tower. You stand on that island, with your back to the wall, and just sleep. Keep sleeping, more Savant drones and droids and berserkers show up.
Then, you get a big group of enemies and BAM you start doing major fights. I wouldn't recommend it for low level guys tho. You can get worn down real easy.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Hello folks. I am in the Cemetery hidden dungeon right now. Mapping the dungeon has been a treat and some of the fights have been tough for my level 9 party.

There are several locked doors with 5+ tumblers and with my thief having 45 in lockpicking it makes for some tedious times but skill is rising as a result. I guess I should find a trapped chest and dedicate some time to training this skill.

So, are there any truly worthwhile items behind particularly tough locks in this dungeon?

Renegen

Arcane
There's a few good items for sure, this amulet I think is really good. Good luck fighting some of the last battles though.

:necro:

"This skill also applies to thrown weapon criticals if the character possesses this special ability" - does it mean that my non-faerie ninja's crit ratio won't stack with melee weapons? :nocountryforshitposters:
I really wanted to try sword/dagger build for him (getting tired of samurai in every single party) with bushido blade/ninjato, then light sword/sai.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Either i've forgot something or it's a previously unencountered bug, but i can't tell Z'Ant the coordinates of black ship. He dismisses them with ''it has no bearing on our mission'' reply. I know the coordinates by heart (1X 1Y 2Z), so i never bother to collect black box and go back to elevator thing and am pretty sure they worked just like that before, but now i can't get Zant to react properly. Wus rong?

likaq

Arcane
thread_necro.gif

I need some help:

My planned party is:

female human mage
female human priest
female human psionic
female human ranger
female human gadgether

who should i choose for six member?
tank? ( valk? ) or maybe bard?
Is it possible to complete the game without meele character in party?

This will be my first serious attempt to complete this game.

Wizfall

Cipher
Wiz 8 is not a very hard game (at least on normal difficulty setting, never tried above) and can be completed by any party composition.
I completed the game with a party of 4 members without any kind of cheese.
However direct magic damage spells become very underpowered in the mid end game so having a fighter is a huge boost.
Bard is a very good class too.
In the end do as you like really, it's all good.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Bard can become a capable melee fighter, so can ranger (in fact he'll be more potent that way compared to his default ranged route, bar criticals). And while it's true that it's possible to finish the game with any party composition, you're not making yourself any favors with that setup. You basically chose three weakest classes in priest, ranger and psionic and if you don't want to cheese (you shouldn't want to cheese on your first playthrough) then you're gonna get in trouble at lots of places. I'd definitely chose one of rogue, fighter or bard for the last spot, they're three most user friendly classes, they start strong and remain so throughout the game. They also gain levels quickly and fighter and rogue are the first to get the stat-derived special skills. Big spoiler for anyone who didn't play this game yet: in the first town you'll find a sword that instantly makes a good fighter out of anyone that can wield it.

Nael

Arcane
thread_necro.gif

I need some help:

My planned party is:

female human mage
female human priest
female human psionic
female human ranger
female human gadgether

who should i choose for six member?
tank? ( valk? ) or maybe bard?
Is it possible to complete the game without meele character in party?

This will be my first serious attempt to complete this game.

I would definitely go with a rogue. He will end up doing a majority of your damage by himself in the middle/late game. Plus the pickpocket skill is way underrated and very useful.

Renegen

Arcane
If you put the priest on the front lines and the Ranger as a melee/ranged hybrid, you already have a pretty viable party. I played with a full magic party and it was viable and the only different experience, like Wizfall says anything is viable. You don't need a 6th guy, and if you "cheese" and take Vi Dominae and RFS-81 then it doesn't matter what your party is you'll just faceroll.

likaq

Arcane
wiz 6 and 7 are unplayable to me due to shitty graphics.

I can get the ring by using cosmic forge editor :)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
wiz 6 and 7 are unplayable to me due to shitty graphics.

I can get the ring by using cosmic forge editor :)

I sortta hear you in the case of VI (although don't agree) but dude, the VII is probably the best aged early 1990s game evah. Yes the portraits are buttugly but everything else is so clean and neat and the monsters still look absolutely fantastic. All in all the VII looks way, way better in many respects than the VIII with its vomitmatic early 3D engine.

wizardry-vii-crusaders-of-the-dark-savant-630x393.gif

:love:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom