Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just Cause 3

Deakul

Augur
Game's merely okay so far, not worth the $60 price tag by any stretch.
Glad I nabbed it for $40.

The leaderboard nonsense can fuck right off, it's just going to get rigged anyways.

Also, it feels like the controls are really awkward across the board, wingsuiting absolutely needs a controller, cars are still shit, bikes are even worse, and the FOV is incredibly shit.

Hope the devs fix stuff to be not shit otherwise a refund is looking mighty tempting.

flyingjohn

Arcane
It looks like this game isn't made form the same team that made the max port(which was excellent),and that probably means little to no support and optimization issues galore.
But at least it plays better then the console versions which are pure shit in performance.

Astral Rag

Arcane
A82F86810E38041D64E1022A5C3E4207E02D335D

03CD4ACE1BE77E91ABA838DBD1C278EE15B9A5F6

:popcorn:

looks like this particular problem can be fixed by installing the latest AMD beta drivers

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Maybe it is just me but games were never this unoptimized and broken on release ever.There seems to be a competition who can make their game performance worse both on consoles and pc among the AAA studios.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Maybe it is just me but games were never this unoptimized and broken on release ever.There seems to be a competition who can make their game performance worse both on consoles and pc among the AAA studios.

Kojima to the rescue, superior Nippon engineering.

Gerrard

Arcane
So the game has much higher requirements than 2, despite the fact that you need a magnifying glass to find places in which it looks better? Is it all just particle effects and "muh procedural destruction"?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So the game has much higher requirements than 2, despite the fact that you need a magnifying glass to find places in which it looks better? Is it all just particle effects and "muh procedural destruction"?

wat?, just cause 3 is much higher res

maxresdefault.jpg

L0cF0Bb.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
Trying it out, runs fine on my 970gtx (surprise). Fun game so far, good purchase for 25 dorra. Lots of ott shit, nice explosions, nice destruction. It's basically a stress ball of a computer game. Loads pretty quick after 1st load, and once you're in main menu, as soon as you hit Continue, you're playing. So, not bad at all. What's wrong, Xbox1

Minor gripes:

* first 30 minutes are somewhat railroaded (you must complete a couple of starter missions to get wingsuit and proper hook thingie)
* Leaderboards, how turn off, fuck this shit

Also, reviewers complaining about story should fuck themselves and play GTA4 instead. This is about blowing shit up, not storyfaggotry. I don't remember complaints about SR3's story and characters, this is a clone of SR3 on a tropical island or whatever it is. What did they fucking want, Bleak House?

Starting the game in offline mode turns that shit off, and the game seems to run better as a result. Worth a try.
How do?

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane

Denuvo is a pretty demanding piece of software.

Angthoron

Arcane
Starting the game in offline mode turns that shit off, and the game seems to run better as a result. Worth a try.
How do?
Restart Steam in offline mode. Also seems to cut down loading times, especially the initial long one.
Ah, that way. Cool, thanks.

The load times on my PC aren't that long at all, gotta say, but will check out how much it improves that.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Some reviewers complain that you do nothing but blow stuff up, i guess they must hate FPS games because in FPSses you do nothing but shoot at stuff.

Trying it out, runs fine on my 970gtx (surprise). Fun game so far, good purchase for 25 dorra. Lots of ott shit, nice explosions, nice destruction. It's basically a stress ball of a computer game. Loads pretty quick after 1st load, and once you're in main menu, as soon as you hit Continue, you're playing. So, not bad at all. What's wrong, Xbox1

Gud, that's all i needed to know.

Angthoron

Arcane
Not from what I've seen. Then again, avoided AK altogether, but from what I've gathered, AK has a fair bit more in the way of issues than shitty ATI driver compatibility.

Actually ended up playing this for ~5 hours so far. Would probably recommend restarting the game after 2-3 hours of consecutive running as currently there are eventual memory leaks (at least if you alt-tab a lot, and I do), but even then it seemed to stay at acceptable frames.

The story and the characters seem fittingly retarded, but the story missions are varied enough to actually do. Rico is stupidly overpowered, but that's nothing new for either the series nor for a game following SR3 mentality, plus you still can die if you get cocky enough. Destroying shit is fairly satisfying, and yeah - you really do NOT need bullets to destroy shit. It's just, why wouldn't you shoot things? There's zero reason not to shoot. I think I'm also coming to terms with endless notifications of beating everyone's headshot streaks, but still want an option to turn that shit right off.

"Minigames" seem 'k (destruction/kill frenzies, flight challenges, races etc), controls seem mostly 'k, didn't even need to remap most of them. UI default controls are not 'k though, but at least you can remap them. Vehicles control fine, from cars to boats to helis. Haven't gotten to planes yet, hoping to see those some time soon. Helis are much more vulnerable now, largely due to AA batteries all over the place, going down in 4-6 shots seems reasonable. Taking over towns, garrisons and plants is gud, lots of explosions, and less of hunting that last tiny fucking barrel from JC2 this time around.

Overall, it's pretty much what I expected and it's pretty much what I got. I'm probably "lucky" to have a decent enough PC to just ignore any optimization issues that might be there, but hey, that's why I bought it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If i were JC devs i'd go even further with full sandbox, no story, everything unlocked from the start and focus on destruction of the island, add nukes so you can level terrain and have a warzone where 2 armies fight together on a dynamic frontline so you can help a side or destroy both.
Now this would be something else.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Not from what I've seen. Then again, avoided AK altogether, but from what I've gathered, AK has a fair bit more in the way of issues than shitty ATI driver compatibility.

Actually ended up playing this for ~5 hours so far. Would probably recommend restarting the game after 2-3 hours of consecutive running as currently there are eventual memory leaks (at least if you alt-tab a lot, and I do), but even then it seemed to stay at acceptable frames.

The story and the characters seem fittingly retarded, but the story missions are varied enough to actually do. Rico is stupidly overpowered, but that's nothing new for either the series nor for a game following SR3 mentality, plus you still can die if you get cocky enough. Destroying shit is fairly satisfying, and yeah - you really do NOT need bullets to destroy shit. It's just, why wouldn't you shoot things? There's zero reason not to shoot. I think I'm also coming to terms with endless notifications of beating everyone's headshot streaks, but still want an option to turn that shit right off.

"Minigames" seem 'k (destruction/kill frenzies, flight challenges, races etc), controls seem mostly 'k, didn't even need to remap most of them. UI default controls are not 'k though, but at least you can remap them. Vehicles control fine, from cars to boats to helis. Haven't gotten to planes yet, hoping to see those some time soon. Helis are much more vulnerable now, largely due to AA batteries all over the place, going down in 4-6 shots seems reasonable. Taking over towns, garrisons and plants is gud, lots of explosions, and less of hunting that last tiny fucking barrel from JC2 this time around.

Overall, it's pretty much what I expected and it's pretty much what I got. I'm probably "lucky" to have a decent enough PC to just ignore any optimization issues that might be there, but hey, that's why I bought it.

Explain to me, in step by step, how do you purchase a weapon in game.

Angthoron

Arcane
RK47

Complete the "Steal the moped" mission
Press Tab
Click Rebel Deliveries or w/e, 2nd tab
Select shit you want
Confirm
Drop flare
Get container with guns and vehicles

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe you need to be worthy to wield it? Just like the commenters say, 100% finish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom