Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review JRPG Codex Review: Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone

Alex

Arcane
Sukeban Cho

I see. Sorry for misunderstanding you at first. Still, I keep thinking the same. Whether you make such a character an agile thief or merely a social character, you don't penalize her (or him) in her main attributes, because that just wouldn't do. Instead, you find another way to show what it cost her to be that way. Sure, this isn't realistic, but realism was never the aim. The issue here has to do with the theme of the story, not what would someone realistically sacrifice to get those things. Then again, like you yourself said, all you need is a social class like "courtesan" and you could reunite what is sacrificed with what would realistically happen. A few indie games, like Apocalypse World and Burning Wheel can do social only characters pretty well!

Marsal

Arcane
You mean that interesting thread you didn't even reply to is being obscured by another thread which you've replied to three or four times? Tell me more.

Unorus Janco's pic says it all. Talk the talk, walk the walk, R00fles!, etc
Another subhuman talking when not addressed. Can't you read, boy?

I brofisted Grunker's post and read the interview. Why would I comment on it, if I have nothing relevant to add? To increase my post count? Should I spam like you do? One reply and reporting the thread would have sufficed, if Codex "management" had any standards. As it is, I'm forced into crusade against weeaboo trash like you and your comrades.

I don't even have a problem you playing your little pedo games and fantasizing about pre-teen girls under guise of "deep gameplay". Better that, than running around acting on those urges. I don't care what your sexual habits are, you can discuss that with your psychiatrist. Just don't post this garbage on the front page of RPGCodex. I'm sure there are places where that content and people like you are more than welcome, I just want to stop RPGCodex becoming one of those places. It looks like I am vastly outnumbered by weeaboo scum, but at least I can say I tried to stop it, when DU adds "j" to the name of the site.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
scary stuff
As AK47 said, thread going places. :lol:

Funny that your post reminded me of Princess Maker 2, where you could make the girl a princess and "social acceptable", but that would end up removing her from combat, exploration and any standard "RPG adventure" elements....

Anyway, game in general have a great deal of aspirational stuff, expecially games where you create your character. Even in The Sims no one would create a ugly/real version of himself, they would instead create characters that look like their facebook profiles, perfect, happy and carefree. The ammount of effort to even fake that is obviously hidden, so is expected that no AAA+ game will ever make any effort to show, or even make the player play through, all that preparation.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I don't even have a problem you playing your little pedo games and fantasizing about pre-teen girls under guise of "deep gameplay". Better that, than running around acting on those urges. I don't care what your sexual habits are, you can discuss that with your psychiatrist. Just don't post this garbage on the front page of RPGCodex. I'm sure there are places where that content and people like you are more than welcome, I just want to stop RPGCodex becoming one of those places. It looks like I am vastly outnumbered by weeaboo scum, but at least I can say I tried to stop it, when DU adds "j" to the name of the site.

Bro, judging from this paragraph alone I must say you have some major issues, and jumping into blind conclusions is but the least important of them. Why so serious about goddamn games bro? Why do you have to lower yourself to expletives and hatespeak with little to no provocation over entertainment? You say you want to preserve the :obviously: character of this place and yet you yourself are declining it with such behaviour, contributing nothing to the discussion save for your deluded view, apparently in order to inflate your ego, as opposed to state a meaningful criticism.

Yes, you may have a point - you don't want this place to become second Kotaku - but you do nothing to support it. Actually you undermine your own agenda. Why should anyone care about your whining? In fact, why should anyone listen to you when it is clear you are just wrong, with temper tantrums like that? You think that by acting like a teenage bully among adults you are going to scare "weeaboos" off this place?

Take a chill pill and give it a break, bro.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Mrowak

I am very butthurt about the games I am not going to play regardless of any merit they may have, so I'll invent contrived reason why game XYZ is better and how it has "reasons" for bullshit art direction, thus proving my intellectual superiority douchebaggery and endless capacity to miss the fucking point.

You seem pretty butthurt about others being butthurt. Don't like it when someone pisses on what you like?

Marsal

Arcane
i brofisted your post because that way i can say i tried to stop the decline
But you're a part of decline, little deviant, and no amount of sarcasm is going to change that. What I find most impressive is that you have more posts in GD than posts total. Quite an achievement!

It's a shame you don't use your spamming skills as a force of good, like Kingcomrade did.

Mrowak

Arcane
Mrowak

I am very butthurt about the games I am not going to play regardless of any merit they may have, so I'll invent contrived reason why game XYZ is better and how it has "reasons" for bullshit art direction, thus proving my intellectual superiority douchebaggery and endless capacity to miss the fucking point.

You seem pretty butthurt about others being butthurt. Don't like it when someone pisses on what you like?

I would reply with "witty" remark about you being butthurt over me being butthurt about someone else's butthurt, but I guess it's better to break this circular logic in its roots, lest it spreads.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I would reply with "witty" remark about you being butthurt over me being butthurt about someone else's butthurt, but I guess it's better to break this circular logic in its roots, lest it spreads.

I didn't call you a douchebag and claimed you have a capacity for missing the point, have I?

So, it wouldn't be witty. It would be a douchebag remark and it would show that you do indeed miss the point.

Marsal

Arcane

Bro, judging from this paragraph alone I must say you have some major issues, and jumping into blind conclusions is but the least important of them. Why so serious about goddamn games bro? Why do you have to lower yourself to expletives and hatespeak with little to no provocation over entertainment? You say you want to preserve the :obviously: character of this place and yet you yourself are declining it with such behaviour, contributing nothing to the discussion save for your deluded view, apparently in order to inflate your ego, as opposed to state a meaningful criticism.
Oh, I hit a nerve? Recognized yourself there, did you? What you call "entertainment", decent folk call psychiatric disorder. But, to each his own, I'm not here to judge as long as you don't spread your plague here.

Yes, you may have a point - you don't want this place to become second Kotaku - but you do nothing to support it. Actually you undermine your own agenda. Why should anyone care about your whining? In fact, why should anyone listen to you when it is clear you are just wrong, with temper tantrums like that? You think that by acting like a teenage bully among adults you are going to scare "weeaboos" off this place?

Yes, my behavior is a huge decline compared to your :obviously: "Let's play" adventures, isn't it?

contributed again with another Like for comrade Marsal

im gonna incline the shit out of this place:bro:
There may be yet some hope for you, little deviant. At least you don't deny your problem, like that filthy Mrowak. Sarcasm is not helping, though. Now go and sin no more.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I know right? It's like Goku holding up his palms up in the sky to gather the forum's energy, before unleashing a ball of rage or something like that. We should have more of these threads. It's super effective.

Mrowak

Arcane

Oh, I hit a nerve? Recognized yourself there, did you? What you call "entertainment" is what decent folk call psychiatric disorder. But, to each his own, I'm not here to judge as long as you don't spread your plague here.

Bro, saying that

What you call "entertainment" is what decent folk call psychiatric disorder.

and then

I'm not here to judge

followed by

as long as you don't spread your plague here.

Is pretty much contradicting youself. Are you sure you don't suffer from some kind of psychiatric disorder you so generously labelled me with? I thought so... If I were you, I'd quit playing psychiatrist over standard TCP/IP.

Yes, my behavior is a huge decline compared to your :obviously: "Let's play" adventures, isn't it?

Yes it is. Ignorance and douchebaggery is the very thing that we should get rid off with sword and fire. My younger sister has finished that god-attrocious game you are referring to more times than I did - which serves to prove you have no idea what you are talking about again (in before - corrupting the minds of the young and all that).

But I am done with your trolling. You were amusing, but the enjoyment from squabbling with you was short-lived. You have the entire sandbox all for yourself. Achievement unlocked. :salute:

Executer

Phrenologist
I know right? It's like Goku holding up his palms up in the sky to gather the forum's energy, before unleashing a ball of rage or something like that. We should have more of these threads. It's super effective.

We've even got bros throwing down by comparing their respective weapon sizes, to add Bioware style emotional engagement.

Edit ; Or maybe this weapon measuring contest is some kind of mating dance for Crooked bees benefit, I'll need to give it more thought.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ignored marsal for stepping outside the boundaries of good taste

plus CK hasn't posted guru or pedo hentai in a while
probably received a stern warning from the BOPE

plus CK hasn't posted guru or pedo hentai in a while
probably received a stern warning from the BOPE

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-sex-with-my-couisn.72290/page-3#post-2098511

NnLdY.png

Stinger

Arcane
Does this mean next time I can write a full length review for an inevitable Devil Survivor 3?

Come on, we all know Devil Survivor is a better WRPG than most games calling themselves WRPGs.

It is, and you could... if it were a PC game. ;)

Bah, technicality, I'm going to write it anyway and keep spamming you/DU/VentilatorofDoom/...Vault Dweller?/Brian Mitsoda?/Chris Avellone? (who do I spam about this?) till it gets published :rpgcodex:

aris

Arcane
What happened on 11/11/11?
I'm baffled you forgot it. It was the day when you and other cRPG enthusiasts like Twinfalls showed up to drool over the latest entry to the Elder Turds saga on day 1. Awesome! Mature lore and stuffies! All is forgiven Todd!
All I recall us saying was that the game was fun, exploration was excellent and for all its flaws it was still a far better product than Oblivion - and as such, incline, by Bethesda standards. Nobody ever touted this game as a flawless RPG or the next PS:T. It's a hiking simulator, and a good one at that, like Morrowind, with some cool lore for the lorehounds, some eyecandy for those who like spelunking and somewhere in there there's also a crappy RPG.

Not sure why you make that into "all is forgiven, Todd!". Black & white worldview much? I always considered us to be gentlemen with refined opinions that are a little more sophisticated than "worst game ever!" and "best game ever!".

Considering the amount of effort done by so many to defend such Skyrimjob crap from any criticism here back in those days, that is a pretty dishonest and tame way of seeing it. No, it was a full fledged face-heel-turn into being idiotic mouthbreathing fanboys and, more exactly, the falling of countless masks of the betrayers and posers who finally felt themselves to be of a sufficient majority to come out of their closets and openly admit they like shit games now. Of course any idiotic mouthbreathing fanboy will try to defend his brethren from being called for what they truly are. Everyone who bought that game here gave his small contribution to the decline, so don't even try to defend the people who act as pathetically as the "Boycott Modern Warfare 2" group to the few who still truly care about the direction of gaming industry. You already voted with your wallets for more decline.
Really? Having a nuanced opinion about skyrim, seeing its flaws and good ideas in isolation instead of viewing the whole product as a "crapjob" (fuck if you could've done a better job) is dishonest? You're a tool. Also if you want to complain about people voting with the wallet on games you don't like (or more likely, that you won't admit to yourself that you like, because they do not make you elitist enough), then you should find a more public outlet for your rage, than this obscure forum.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Welcome to the Binary Domain, bro. It's either shit or not shit. :smug: Nothing else matters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom