Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Josh Sawyer wants to make a historical RPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Josh Sawyer, hater of steampunk:

yjPSESi.png

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
That's SA, but yes he uses tumblr as well.

I can understand his position. Hardly any games use the lovely Victorian aesthetics of the era. Bloodborne is the only one I can think of off the top.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
It's kind of a "we have too much steampunk, we need something different" statement, and I agree with him. Victorian aesthetic is very appealing.

Now we just need lots and lots of corsets.

hkcv4m3okdglm4ok.jpg

Last edited:

Rev

Arcane
Feargus if you're reading let him make his historical rpg dream project after PoE2. I want to see less unusual settings for a change, after years after years of fantasy games.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The only Steampunk setting I really liked is Arcanum's, and Arcanum is basically just 19th century + some fancy guns + fantasy races + magic. Apart from some high tech armor pieces, nothing in the game looks very steampunky, more like a fantasy version of the 19th century.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I was expecting people to post photos of nice-looking buildings from Boston or whatever, but knowing Josh he's more likely to place the game in a more insular, authentic frontier region of the US.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This is very reassuring. Steampunk is to real history as hipsters are to normal people, so I had some worries. But as long as he makes games in interesting settings, I don't care what he does in real life peddling around on those disgusting bikes of his.

Fry

Arcane
knowing Josh he's more likely to place the game in a more insular, authentic frontier region of the US.

If he makes a(nother) western I'm selling my PC.

Reconstruction South would be ballsy.

Quillon

Arcane
Yeah, I was expecting people to post photos of nice-looking buildings from Boston or whatever, but knowing Josh he's more likely to place the game in a more insular, authentic frontier region of the US.

Shit, you're right. My head was to Civil War after learning that he wants to make 19th century America and having recently(couple years ago) watched amc's turn and played asscreed 3 etc. Maybe he just wants to make a western; Red Josh Redemption! The Sassy Seven! The Good The Bad and the Balanced!

...hence New Vegas having heavy western themes

Prime Junta

Interesting that the Josh has a red line like that. Generally he's very much a gun for hire -- he'll direct whatever he's paid to direct, and do it conscientiously and to the best of his ability.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
He's too big to fail. Obsidian has hemhorraged so much talent that Sawyer is comfortable to let his inner primadonna shine. If Feargus had any balls he'd waterboard the upstart, but alas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom