Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

2house2fly

Magister
As far as I remember, he just doesn't like alcohol or being drunk

2house2fly

Magister
Fucking diet coke though. That aspartame shit is so bad for you the coca cola corporation has suppressed studies to look into how bad it is for you. Drink water like a man.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fucking diet coke though. That aspartame shit is so bad for you the coca cola corporation has suppressed studies to look into how bad it is for you. Drink water like a man.

Food "science" is complete and utter bunk. Guide to healthful eating: everything is fine in small amounts.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Everything is "fine" in small amounts in that human body is capable of recovering from even direct poisoning. You are also supposed to eat diverse enough to have a healthy balance of nutrients and bacterial flora. You can survive on little amounts of coke and deepfried twinkies for a long time doesn't make it good on long term.

LizardWizard

Cipher

Aspartame is one of the most rigorously tested food ingredients on the planet. Suppressing a few studies (most likely funded by the Sugar Industry or other competitors) would have little effect on anything. As far as artificial sweeteners go, I prefer Erythritol.

Prime Junta

You can survive on little amounts of coke and deepfried twinkies for a long time doesn't make it good on long term.

Or bad, considering here I am decades later.
I'm sure you've supplemented your diet with generous doses of soy and vaccines

16575.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

2house2fly

Magister
He seems to disagree with the idea that shorter games "respect one's time" suggesting if anything that he's worried reviewers will complain Deadfire is too big

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Respecting your time means it is designed effectively with alot of QoA features and optimization.

Like a 4 hour game can not respect my time if half of them are unskippable cutscene or loading screen.

The same can apply if a 150 hour game can resepct my time if every second of it is a pure joy and enjoyment

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom