Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Josh Sawyer plans to develop a historical RPG after his current project

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
his love for history
I'm so tired of hearing people say that. He's got an unhealthy interest for "sawyer-fun historical facts" such as how many teeth australopithecus had or if Aumaua have interdigital webbings and why. But he can't give less shit about actual history as he's demonstrated plainly by writing an extremely simplistic history for Eora (how an idiot might see history, not a historian), as well as through his general comments about history on SA.

You mistake an autistic person for something he can't be. He can't love history, because it's too broad a subject, and people with his disorder focus on small things like counting toothpicks.

Fairfax

Arcane
his love for history
I'm so tired of hearing people say that. He's got an unhealthy interest for "sawyer-fun historical facts" such as how many teeth australopithecus had or if Aumaua have interdigital webbings and why. But he can't give less shit about actual history as he's demonstrated plainly by writing an extremely simplistic history for Eora (how an idiot might see history, not a historian), as well as through his general comments about history on SA.

You mistake an autistic person for something he can't be. He can't love history, because it's too broad a subject, and people with his disorder focus on small things like counting toothpicks.
The historical accuracy of weapons and armour stats in PoE is pretty laughable, too.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
his love for history

The historical accuracy of weapons and armour stats in PoE is pretty laughable, too.

It's balanced though ;) PoE isn't a historical game, which he even said, I think. In a historical game he'd probably try something different (pole-arms for everyone). Generally, a game has of course some limitations in accuracy, after all, it should be fun (yea, not if he makes it).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am from Eastern Europe so I dont really understand the brain damage/mentality behind things like political correctness, feminism, SJW etc.
That's because you, unlike the smug western librals out of touch with the real world, have either lived through, or know enough about communism, to be able to tell hypocrisy and to recognize that a war on the meaning of words is the first step towards dictatorship/tyranny. They haven't eaten that kind of shit, and therefore think that eating shit is actually hip.

With Sawyer having, whatever his achievements as a student, a somewhat broader knowledge of western history thanks to his studies, I doubt he could go full SJW retard. When I say "broader" I mean "broader compared to California-based game designers born in the US".

Fairfax

Arcane
his love for history

It's balanced though ;) PoE isn't a historical game, which he even said, I think. In a historical game he'd probably try something different (pole-arms for everyone). Generally, a game has of course some limitations in accuracy, after all, it should be fun (yea, not if he makes it).
Doesn't make it any less stupid that a game led by a "history buff" has very powerful leather armour and worldbuilding like the Vailian Republics.

Fry

Arcane
You provincial Slavs are adorable.

Society is complicated here in California, but believe it or not it's possible to both accept lifestyles other than your own and believe the University PC crowd has gone way too far. Sawyer does a pretty good job with it, as does Obsidian in general. Stop making up shit to be pissed about.

Fry

Arcane
Hey, look.

Guy who's probably never been west of Gdansk hates a place he knows nothing about.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
:x Eastern Europe is not a third world!

Let's say it's third world in social terms and somewhere between first and third world in economic terms, depending on where exactly you live.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Oakland, California:

WvQKiy4.jpg
xKJY1Zi.jpg
feYM8RE.jpg

Gdansk, Germany Poland
exL4dp5.jpg
SkeNwdX.jpg

Thonius

Arcane
It`s second world countries(former eastern block countries). And they are quite different in terms of freedoms etc.
Africa is third world and everybody know its fucked up continent, no country in Europe is fucked up to the same degree.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think he donated around 5k-10k each to Anita and Felicia Day (for some dead KS project lmao).

No. He specifically referred to it as a "trivial" amount of money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom