Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Josh Sawyer plans to develop a historical RPG after his current project

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
I'm betting most prominent western devs donated to/support Anita, it's stupid to single out Sawyer in that regard. He's not your prototypical SJW hipster dev by any means (studied history, likes guns, values core gameplay, recognizes that there's a hardcore subset of PC RPG players etc.), that said if you're making a history RPG and make too many concessions to the perpetually offended crowd it could end up diluting the experience, we'll see I guess (if Fergie allows).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I think he donated around 5k-10k each to Anita and Felicia Day (for some dead KS project lmao).

No. He specifically referred to it as a "trivial" amount of money.

What makes you think 5k isn't a trival amount to Josh? I would assume that it's about half a week's income for him, and there's plenty of nerds who spend a larger portion of their salary on stuff like action figures and cosmetic DLC (or on Kickstarter tiers).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What makes you think 5k isn't a trival amount to Josh? I would assume that it's about half a week's income for him, and there's plenty of nerds who spend a larger portion of their salary on stuff like action figures and cosmetic DLC (or on Kickstarter tiers).

He has a mortgage to think about.

Latro

Arcane
Coulda swore I saw an archived SA post from Sawyer specifically mentioning the amount, but don't grill me for it.

Fry

Arcane
You think he's netting $500k/year? :lol:

He might be making somewhere around 1/5 of that.

Fairfax

Arcane
You think he's netting $500k/year? :lol:

He might be making somewhere around 1/5 of that.
500k is ludicrous, but Lead Designers/Directors with 10-20 years of experience apparently make ~120-150k/year in California. Saywer has what, 17 years of experience as game designer? He's been working there for 10, leads projects and is their "Design Director". He's making more than 100k.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Lots of people fell for Anita's first scam. It doesn't really say anything about him regardless of how much he makes, beyond him caring about something as dumb as what she promised. Falling for it twice(not saying he did) is an entirely different matter as it means you're beyond retarded with way too much money to spare or in on the scam.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Makes perfect sense, in a way POE tries to be a lot like 30 years war ambient thingy.

History as a lot of untapped value if it is treated correctly, which games never did, except in a way wargames.

Mozg

Arcane
I think he donated around 5k-10k each to Anita and Felicia Day (for some dead KS project lmao).

No. He specifically referred to it as a "trivial" amount of money.

Bubbles, I want you to know you've become one of those people that when you seem to make a weird mistake I assume you're doing some kind of satire

Fairfax

Arcane
The post about other posts being deleted and the answers to my question were also moved. :lol:

Btw, there's nothing to suggest they have an anti-white hiring policy at all.

We'll see if they pulled a Numenera in Tyranny, though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The admins should just write "don't discuss things like the 'war on white people' outside of the politics forum" into the forum rules and be done with it.

And for the record: I do not believe that Obsidian Entertainment is pursuing a policy of white genocide.
I thought that was covered by

Due to a number of miserable cunts coming here purely to post crap about Joos, womyns and L|BRULS (thanks to our slightly more hands-off approach to moderation), you will only be granted access to the General Discussion and Politics forums once you have been a member for 12 months or more. This is designed to encourage people who want to come here to talk about boring stuff like games - and discourage people who really should be at StormFront instead.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Doesn't mean you can't talk about it. Just that the priority of users should be games, more specifically of the role-playing variety.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Doesn't mean you can't talk about it. Just that the priority of users should be games, more specifically of the role-playing variety.

Discussing propaganda content in games also counts. Just like movies and books have propaganda, so do games.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I just thought that " this message has been moved to ..." would make shit posting a little bit more difficult for the most egregious shit posters. :M

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The admins should just write "don't discuss things like the 'war on white people' outside of the politics forum" into the forum rules and be done with it.

And for the record: I do not believe that Obsidian Entertainment is pursuing a policy of white genocide.
I thought that was covered by

Due to a number of miserable cunts coming here purely to post crap about Joos, womyns and L|BRULS (thanks to our slightly more hands-off approach to moderation), you will only be granted access to the General Discussion and Politics forums once you have been a member for 12 months or more. This is designed to encourage people who want to come here to talk about boring stuff like games - and discourage people who really should be at StormFront instead.

Well, that obviously hasn't worked.

Fairfax

Arcane
Of course gossiping about developer's love life is fineposting.
True. I'm no fan of his, but I think Sawyer would feel really uncomfortable seeing the discussions here. His mortgage, girlfriend pics, salary, diet, hobbies, etc. :lol:
I still remember when I was a lurker and saw Roguey explaining why he was growing a beard.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
True. I'm no fan of his, but I think Sawyer would feel really uncomfortable seeing the discussions here. His mortgage, girlfriend pics, salary, diet, hobbies, etc. :lol:
I still remember when I was a lurker and saw Roguey explaining why he was growing a beard.

If it made him uncomfortable, he wouldn't divulge all these things about his life.

Fairfax

Arcane

If it made him uncomfortable, he wouldn't divulge all these things about his life.
True, but the speculation can still be weird.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom